Glad to know the band, finally.

Blackheart

Very new to this site and I'm very glad to see that people are still posting. In other words this is not an old site from 2008. I am very sorry to say that I did not get into Led Zeppelin until 2013! Yes that damn long! Why? Because I was into rock n' roll. You know Elvis, Dion & The Belmonts, Lou Christie, Del Shannon. When I was 9 I was outcast for my love of real rock n' roll. Heavy metal. Of course was the craze and unfortunate Zeppelin got labeled as such so I didn't listen to it.

I am a writer of fiction. In one of my stories the band plays my favorites Blondie, the oldies but they also played what the leading male listen to. AC/DC, Eagles and Led Zeppelin. I realized I knew nothing of Zeppelin.

My daughter knew who they were and some of their music. She goes, "Mom you know Stairway To Heaven?" "Well of course," I said...guess what the song I thought was Zeppelin was not at all. Infact the song I thought was Stairway To Heaven I still don't know who, what or where it came from.

I got the Mothership album. I listened to Stairway To Heaven and was very surprised I didn't know it AT ALL! My daughter was shocked! How could I not know this song?

Anyway be glad to know that was not the way it was with all songs. A Whole Lotta Lovin, Black Dog, All of My Love, and of course all the famous intro and out takes of the songs they put into movies and commercials.

So what do I think of them now?

I THINK THEY'RE THE BEST F*^KING BAND EVER!!!

WE DON'T NEED THE BEATLES. JUST ZEPPELIN! LONG LIVE THE REMAINING MEMBERS!!!!!!

There is more than one "Stairway to Heaven" out there, Blackheart. Led Zeppelin's was far from the first, so it might have been Neil Sedaka's "Stairway to Heaven" you were remembering:

Or, it might have been the O'Jays' song:

To Blue Eyed Merle:

No none of those. The Stairway To Heaven I was thinking of was totally in my head. In part because of Wayne's World. Where he says they can't play that song in the store. Well when ever I went into a music shop they were always getting down to very heavy metal high shrilled playing of the guitar. Therefore I kept thinking that it was that kind of rock. It is no where near that style. Not at all.

To Blue Eyed Merle:

No none of those. The Stairway To Heaven I was thinking of was totally in my head. In part because of Wayne's World. Where he says they can't play that song in the store. Well when ever I went into a music shop they were always getting down to very heavy metal high shrilled playing of the guitar. Therefore I kept thinking that it was that kind of rock. It is no where near that style. Not at all.

It's cool. It was your mention of liking Elvis, Del Shannon, Dion and the other classics of the 50s and early 60s that led me to think you were thinking of Neil Sedaka's hit "Stairway to Heaven", that's all.

Welcome to the Forum Blackheart! :wave:

Archived