Do Zep fans still seek bootlegs in a hard copy?

Mullard

And depending on how picky you are about sound quality YouTube has also made it somewhat unnecessary to keep a physical copy of any bootlegs close at hand...

Yeah, youtube I guess is fine for most bootlegs as most of them are not great quality anyway.

Anything with great audio though avoid youtube or all compressed sights all together imo. :)

Yeah, youtube I guess is fine for most bootlegs as most of them are not great quality anyway.

Anything with great audio though avoid youtube or all compressed sights all together imo. :)

YouTube is easy for sharing/posting on forums so that people can listen and discuss the shows rather than spend excessive time hunting them down and downloading them.

The accessibility is great for introducing people without overwhelming them with FLACs, torrents, lineages, and whatever else.

YouTube is easy for sharing/posting on forums so that people can listen and discuss the shows rather than spend excessive time hunting them down and downloading them.

The accessibility is great for introducing people without overwhelming them with FLACs, torrents, lineages, and whatever else.

Agreed mate. :)

It's more than handy thats for sure. :)

There are plenty of individuals who still collect silvers. These days I rarely do unless it's an item I really feel I need to have. I just picked up the PrimeVision Led Zeppelin film archive on blu-ray. Prior to that it was the Zep II multi's. In the '80's and early '90's it was vinyl and cassette, with early cd silvers. These days my collecting is focused on the later zep memorabilia years. Some of the silver collection's I've seen are amazing!

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

:goodpost:

Well that's been enlightening. I guess because I'm older (49 in Dec) I prefer a physical copy in my hands. I don't really know what torrents, flacs, etc. are. I wonder....is this what it's all coming to? free downloads and file sharing? I don't mind paying for a boot but not to extremes. Also, what's a "silver"?

Does anyone here collect the fanzines like "Tight But Loose" & Proximity?

Well that's been enlightening. I guess because I'm older (49 in Dec) I prefer a physical copy in my hands. I don't really know what torrents, flacs, etc. are. I wonder....is this what it's all coming to? free downloads and file sharing? I don't mind paying for a boot but not to extremes. Also, what's a "silver"?

Does anyone here collect the fanzines like "Tight But Loose" & Proximity?

"Silvers" are pressed boot cds manufactured by professional companies like Empress Valley (as opposed to some kid burning blank cds in his mums basement and selling them at a hundred bucks a pop)

But yeah, I dig where yer coming from, since yer only three years older than me. Hell, vinyl is still my medium of choice...I've stated many times that we have been spoiler by the Internet; the thrill of the hunt is pretty much nonexistent these days when it comes to finding bootlegs.

A friend of mine on the forum and myself still buy silvers once every so often. We split the price between us and are more than happy to share copies of what we have with as many others. Whoever's turn it is, gets to hold on to the newly bought Silver. It's better than shelling out all that money. And I'm very thankful for others that are so considerate to share what they obtain as well.

• 1 month later...

I do! I currently have 507 back issues of different Led Zeppelin fanzines. Still seeking quite a few others, especially Japanese titles like Led Swan Press and Boot Poisoning.

Do you have the Russian one?

I do! I currently have 507 back issues of different Led Zeppelin fanzines. Still seeking quite a few others, especially Japanese titles like Led Swan Press and Boot Poisoning.

hi Steve, what is "Led Swan Press" ?? I've never heard of that.

Can all the "I don't give my money to bootleggers... I download them for free from the internet" people get off their high horse for a minute... coz if there weren't people willing to spend real money on the product that the evil bootleggers peddle... you wouldn't be able to download it for free from the internet...

And yes I am one of those suckers that spends his hard earned shekkels on what the bootleggers offer... (Not only LZ but also Black Sabbath, Pink FLoyd, Deep Purple, and some Zappa). I am the proud owner of about 500 boots, about half of them Led Zeppelin... (And about 5 or 6 TB of stuff downloaded for free from the interwebs... mostly Grateful Dead soundboards... also have all their official releases). But I keep buying them silvers... as long as they have a half decent cover artwork... (That was my inner Graphic Designer)

You remind me of me when I was younger, I collected all that shit, throw the stuff out and you will feel better trust me. When you have the studio releases and the official live recordings, it makes life much easier.

Can all the "I don't give my money to bootleggers... I download them for free from the internet" people get off their high horse for a minute...

Ah yes, my high horse, my trusty steed. Well, I will get off just for a moment, so I can tell you that my favorite activity besides downloading while I am on my treasured high horse is to always post thank yous to the kind people who buy new bootlegs and share them online, whether I'm at the hotel, dime, ZOMB, or the trader's den. Without them I would have so much less. Welp, back to my high horse. :beat:

• 3 months later...

So much easier these days to get stuff of the net. Beats buying and trading cassettes and is so much easier to make copies for mates.

it's been good to catch up with old favourites like blueberry hill, bonzo's birthday party and earls court in the digital world.

I've still got my 30+ year old cassettes of 3 days after, going to california, knebworth etc.that I need to put onto cd and computer.

I put my music on cd so I can listen to it on the car.

Archived