The Retro Thread

SozoZoso

Does anyone remember the Vectrex?

You're talking 2nd Generz game system there. That was high dollar, but equivalent, I suppose to the new systems today. I sure didn't have it. But it looks fun for the time. Did ewe have one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig2muFYSPs8

Oldest systems I have now are a Retro Adapter for a SNES that plays NES games. Sadly, my old tv blew a tube last week and the games don't look that good in HD. :P

Edited by apantherfrommd

I remember getting like 2 inches from the screen and shooting lol. I also remember blowing into the game cartridges when they wouldn't load properly! BTW off-topic, I always thought this guy sounds like Mutley too.

Me too! Sometimes, those damn ducks used to be so freakin' elusive! :lol: Clay Shooting was definitely easier than duck shooting!

Look what I found! Couldn't help but giggle when I watched this. Oh, the memories! B)

I love 'Pawn Stars' :D Rick is cool (I do love the way he laughs! I always think of him as the 'Human Mutley' :P) but my favs are 'The Old Man' and Austin 'Chumlee' Russell :D

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

^^^Yep! That's right! :)

Oh my gosh! You just posted a YT vid of a video game that I now remember playing with my cousin! :D Thank you so much! :friends: I had totally forgotten about this game till now! We used to play to see who could get the least number of misses! :lol: He was a way better shooter than I was! :lol: Glad you managed to find and buy this game! Always awesome to have memories from your childhood!

I used to watch quite a few episodes of this show, growing up:

^^Now that you mentioned it, I gave the YT vid you posted another look and I noticed that too! :lol: Also for a moment, my eyes played the meanest trick on me, by actually getting me to believe that the dude was wearing only a hat and tie! :ohmy: It is a bit easy to miss the fact that the man has a trench coat on! :lol: I honestly thought "Hmmm...gangster or cabaret dancer?" :lol:

I wish they would have used a gangster like this guy:

Yyyyyyyyyyy.png

Or even this guy:

166146-103890-rocky-and-mugsy.jpg

With the whole Al Capone vibe! :lol:

^^Now that you mentioned it, I gave the YT vid you posted another look and I noticed that too! :lol: Also for a moment, my eyes played the meanest trick on me, by actually getting me to believe that the dude was wearing only a hat and tie! :ohmy: It is a bit easy to miss the fact that the man has a trench coat on! :lol: I honestly thought "Hmmm...gangster or cabaret dancer?" :lol:

I wish they would have used a gangster like this guy:

Yyyyyyyyyyy.png

Or even this guy:

166146-103890-rocky-and-mugsy.jpg

With the whole Al Capone vibe! :lol:

Lol I think that's what they were going for, kinda hard to be intimidating when his pokies are on display like that! Must have been very cold in that shooting range! :P

Lol I think that's what they were going for, kinda hard to be intimidating when his pokies are on display like that! Must have been very cold in that shooting range! :P

:hysterical: Hell yeah! Even folks like Bugs Bunny or Yosemite Sam seem to be more serious and intimidating contenders for a gangster rather than old Mr. Nips here! :lol:

Actually, I didn't have a Vectrex but I knew someone that had. She was a neighbour of my great aunt and I used to hang out with her and I remember going to her house where she had the vectrex sitting on the kitchen table.

I'd seen Ataris of course as I had the Atari 2600 but the Vectrex came with its own tv monitor. I thought she was very very rich :lol: