The Retro Thread

SozoZoso

Same here! Maybe pinball will make a comeback, that would be cool!!

One time at the bowling alley I kept a game going for at least 20 minutes. The ball just stayed in play and my friends couldn't believe it. I think I racked up 15 free games. :)

^^Now that you mentioned it, I gave the YT vid you posted another look and I noticed that too! :lol: Also for a moment, my eyes played the meanest trick on me, by actually getting me to believe that the dude was wearing only a hat and tie! :ohmy: It is a bit easy to miss the fact that the man has a trench coat on! :lol: I honestly thought "Hmmm...gangster or cabaret dancer?" :lol:

I wish they would have used a gangster like this guy:

Yyyyyyyyyyy.png

Or even this guy:

166146-103890-rocky-and-mugsy.jpg

With the whole Al Capone vibe! :lol:

Bugs and Edward G.

Wonder who comes out on top in that one? :lol:

One time at the bowling alley I kept a game going for at least 20 minutes. The ball just stayed in play and my friends couldn't believe it. I think I racked up 15 free games. :)

Now that's a night to remember! You were definitely the pinball wizard!! I don't have any cool stories like that but I do remember thinking I was pretty good at it...haha!

:)

Lol! I also used to have one of these when I was just a little girl.

OK, the graphics and all that of modern video games may be better, but back then I surely enjoyed the old video games like Super Mario Bros, Castlevania and The legend of Zelda.

They were a lot of fun! :gimmefive:

:smack:

genesis-1-640x276.jpg

;)

Thats 4 to 1, NES over Sega! :P;)

Now that's a night to remember! You were definitely the pinball wizard!! I don't have any cool stories like that but I do remember thinking I was pretty good at it...haha!

:)

It never happened before or after. I just love those flippers. :)

I used to collect these. I had most issues from #2 and up in the late 50's and early 60's. Wish I still had them along with my 60's Avalon and Fillmore/Winterland/Fillmore West/Great Hiway and Straight Theater posters.

post-503-0-93912700-1412208087_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-61811600-1412208459.jpg

post-503-0-26479900-1412208473_thumb.jpg

post-503-0-40845500-1412209013.jpg

post-503-0-51567300-1412209160_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I used to play with this all the time. If I remember correctly I used to be pretty good at setting up different bigger and neater track layouts with different hot wheels tracks using the superchargers.

Edited by luvlz2

Star wars, Ghostbusters, Turtles, He-Man, Thundercats.

Led Zep, Transvision Vamp, Duran Duran, Wham, Bananarama.

Nice cold,ice cold milk. Ribena in a carton. Spira choc bars. Massive curly wurly bars.

Smash Hits and Look-in magazines.

Typical football sponsors- NEC. Crown Paints, JVC, Sharp. Everton were in the so called big 4 then.

I would go back in a heartbeat if i could. Well apart from my kids. Much happier times.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 10:34 PM, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

With the rise of shitty mp3 players and iphones or whatever, I'm guessing that items like these, are becoming obsolete?! :wacko: 

IMG_1534.JPG

I still use my Walkman. Looks different than that one though.