The Rains Song Mix Minus Piano, Released...

Led Zeppelin Fan00

If you preordered the SD Edition of Houses for iTunes like me - it's already in your iTunes library NOW if you've enabled Automatic Downloads, having received the notification/email of release to my iPhone at 2:08 AM EST, Tuesday, 9/30.

And if The Rain Song is your favorite Zeppelin song like it is for me - you're in Heaven!!!

Still hearing what I think is piano in places though... But the guitars are brought out more, the separation of sound seems more partitioned - and drums and vocals are crisper, IMO. Magnificent...

Here's the alternate version & Jimmy's take on it... http://pitchfork.com/news/56883-led-zeppelin-share-alternate-mix-of-the-rain-song/

(Sorry for the Title Typo)...

The Rain Song isn't quite my favorite song, but throughout all the different live performances and now an alternate studio version it is my second favorite song. I would definitely say this is one of the songs on the companion discs that is better than the original. Plants vocals are amazing here as is Bonzo. Can't wait to hear the remastered original.

The Rain Song isn't quite my favorite song, but throughout all the different live performances and now an alternate studio version it is my second favorite song. I would definitely say this is one of the songs on the companion discs that is better than the original. Plants vocals are amazing here as is Bonzo. Can't wait to hear the remastered original.

The original version is one of my favorite Zep songs so this version must be terrific.

Agreed!

Plant considers his vocals on TRS his best...

It's really great, I agree.

The remastered original/album version has been available in CD quality from Qobuz for some time. IMHO the Houses of the Holy remaster is sonically the least successful of all the new remasters. Not bad, but rather dull sounding IMHO.

So I was especially pleased to hear how good this alt version of The Rain Song sounds, even just the lossy online streaming version.

I wonder why the audio wasn't released to this site or on the official Facebook page?

I tried using Google Chrome and still can't access it.

It's about time someone uploads it to pooptube, since I also haven't heard it (and I am on the opposite side of the globe from where Reggie is)

Aside being available in iTunes as I originally indicated - you should be able to hear it in the pitchfork link I included in this thread's first post as well...

Pitchfork is only playable in the US (Yup, the discussion remains the same)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived