Jimmy's 2015 Live Tour

TheStairwayRemainsTheSame

This is not a drill...

Well might not be anyway. This could become big all very soon.

Led Zeppelin News @LedZepNews · 2h 2 hours ago

Jimmy Page told reporters today that his new band’s live set will include Yardbirds songs as well as Led Zeppelin and new material

Jimmy Page’s new band will perform new material as well as classic Led Zeppelin songs. They will tour next year

BREAKING: Jimmy Page told reporters today that he will start a new band next year with previously unknown musicians

This was said at the IV/HOH press event earlier.

IT'S HAPPENING.

This is not a drill...

Jimmy Page told reporters today that his new band’s live set will include Yardbirds songs as well as Led Zeppelin and new material

Jimmy Page’s new band will perform new material as well as classic Led Zeppelin songs. They will tour next year

BREAKING: Jimmy Page told reporters today that he will start a new band next year with previously unknown musicians

IT'S HAPPENING.

This is not a drill...

IT'S HAPPENING.

When I clicked on the links they didn't include any more information than the above headlines. I would like to see the full text of the interview or press conference. Frankly, I'll believe Page is performing with a new band when I see them take the stage. He's made similar statements before during the past seven years but, didn't follow through.

He's never said it in the capacity where he's saying it to various different media outlets at the form of this listening party. I finally sense something going on.

Btw, I didn't read where he said he would be touring. Only that he would be performing with a group of previously unknown musicians. If this actually happens, it's possible they'll only be performing about London.

He's said 'if I was to play live again', not 'when I play live again'. He's talking the talk (again), but time will tell if he actually gets around to walking the walk. The fact that he's talking unknowns for his 'band' makes me think this is just talk.

We'll see.

He's said 'if I was to play live again', not 'when I play live again'. He's talking the talk (again), but time will tell if he actually gets around to walking the walk. The fact that he's talking unknowns for his 'band' makes me think this is just talk.

We'll see.

Agreed!

While journalists can use quotes to present their interpretation of a comment (similar to how the tweets did), these from Rolling Stone present his commentary as completely conditional. In other words, more of the same.

"If I was to play again it would be with musicians ... some of them might be new to you," he said. "I haven't put the musicians together, I'm going to do that next year. "If I went out to play again, I would play material that spanned my recording career," continued the musician. "I'd go back to the very early days, [including] Yardbirds material, and it would certainly have some new material as well. And I'd hopefully play all of the things I'm known to play – instrumental versions of 'Dazed and Confused' etc. etc."

While journalists can use quotes to present their interpretation of a comment (similar to how the tweets did), these from Rolling Stone present his commentary as completely conditional. In other words, more of the same.

"If I was to play again it would be with musicians ... some of them might be new to you," he said. "I haven't put the musicians together, I'm going to do that next year. "If I went out to play again, I would play material that spanned my recording career," continued the musician. "I'd go back to the very early days, [including] Yardbirds material, and it would certainly have some new material as well. And I'd hopefully play all of the things I'm known to play – instrumental versions of 'Dazed and Confused' etc. etc."

"IF"..."IF"..."HOPEFULLY"

Folks, after nearly 15 YEARS of this nonsense unless it's an official tour date announcement it's just talk.

...and the Timeless Eternal Artist speaks again... Jimmy, your passion for music is always beautiful, in any regard.........

“If I went out to play again, I would play material that spanned my recording career,” he said. “I’d go back to the very early days, [including] Yardbirds material, and I’d hopefully play all of the things I’m known to play – instrumental versions of Dazed And Confused etc”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/11131557/Jimmy-Page-Led-Zeppelin-arent-going-to-reunite.html

It's the tease aspect of Page's comments that annoy me. If he doesn't have anything solid planned why not just say so.

"I don't have any plans to perform or record new music within the next year." Simple, straightforward, hard to misinterpret.

Archived