'Jimmy Page In Conversation With Chris Cornell' To Be Held In November In Los Angeles

luvlz2

Perhaps, Jimmy had the date wrong playing for the first time with Led at the LA Forum to a packed house. He says around the end of 1969, but I'm pretty sure their first gig at the Forum was in March, 1970. The timeline should clarify this.

11. Cornell, looking at a photo of a grinning Page backstage at Madison Square Garden: "You look like you're having a good time." Page: "Oh, I'm always having a good time."

so curious on what tour this picture was taken that they are talking about.

great post - thanks!

This will either sound very dumb or offend someone but why is Chris Cornell participating in this? I know why Page is doing it but what is Cornell's motivation?

It's great visibility in the midst of a new 3 CD Sound Garden release and he's touring from now until Spring 2015.

This will either sound very dumb or offend someone but why is Chris Cornell participating in this? I know why Page is doing it but what is Cornell's motivation?

SAJ is right plus another side of why Chris Cornell?... Soundgardens first album had cuts on it that were old Howlin Wolf/Willie Dixon tunes like early Zep so there is another connection ... not to mention Cornell and Soundgarden being big Zep fans...

SAJ is right plus another side of why Chris Cornell?... Soundgardens first album had cuts on it that were old Howlin Wolf/Willie Dixon tunes like early Zep so there is another connection ... not to mention Cornell and Soundgarden being big Zep fans...

http://youtu.be/4VyrxIijQK8 Soundgarden: Smokestack Lightning 1988 live. Bootleg collectors will remember Zeppelin taking this riff for a ride at the Fimore West, April 1969.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jimmy Page publicized the release of his official photographic autobiography, "Jimmy Page By Jimmy Page", by taking part in a question-and-answer session with Chris Cornell at Los Angeles's Ace Hotel on November 12, 2014. The press release for the event stated: "During the course of a dialogue together, the audience [was] invited to join Jimmy and Chris looking through unseen photos and memorabilia, many drawn from Jimmy's personal archives. Jimmy Page [revisited] memories of his life in music — from 13-year-old choirboy to the '60s session musician, through THE YARDBIRDS to LED ZEPPELIN and beyond."

In Episode 2 of this fascinating interview, Page discusses how he came to join THE YARDBIRDS.

Page added: "I always like to do something different — if you’re inspired by an idea, really make something of that inspiration. That goes for music, as well as anything else -- even putting a book together! To have a photographic autobiography is a totally different way of looking at things, but it does the job very well and I think it will bring a lot of pleasure to people."

Page is prepping to hit the road in 2015, telling England's The Week that he still hasn’t secured the band to take on tour. "I know people want to hear me play," he said. "I want to hear me play, too… I'm really starting to get myself enthused and limbered up for putting something together… That, for me, is exactly how things should be. I want to surprise people. I'll play everything, and some new music I've got."

Page told The Pulse Of Radio that he knew from the beginning that the magic surrounding LED ZEPPELIN wouldn't last forever. "I said, basically around the time of the first album, it's all a race against time, and I think it is. It still is. It still is a race against time and trying to do good work and improve on what you've done. It's more difficult as you get older because you know your days are numbered, really. Within ZEPPELIN, we had this amazing vehicle that we could continue and continue and just come up with amazing things — which fortunately we did continue, and we did come up with amazing stuff. But I still thought it was a race against time. I had no idea how prophetic it would be with the loss of John Bonham."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jimmy-page-talks-to-chris-cornell-about-how-he-came-to-join-the-yardbirds-video/#OrAK4rLufXMS52am.99

Archived