Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

ScarletMacaw

We can vote on nominees:

http://rockhall.com/voting/2015-rock-hall-nominees-fan-vote/

I'm incredulous that NWA is nominated. How are they a rock band? Several other dubious entries also.

They are making rock and roll hall of fame a joke and doesn't even mean anything any more,just like the stars in hollywood,the ones on the sidewalk,used to be for the very best,now anyone can have one

They are making rock and roll hall of fame a joke and doesn't even mean anything any more,just like the stars in hollywood,the ones on the sidewalk,used to be for the very best,now anyone can have one

I agree, clw. NWA?

Bands that have been around for 30 or 40 or 50 years who have sold millions of albums must laugh when they are ignored and NWA and Green Day is given the pass via Rolling Stone Magazine and Jan/Yan/Gan whatever his name is, what a joke. To actually ignore internationally known and recognized bands make this the hall of shame. What a farce.

Hey I like NWA! and I know it's uncool to like Green Day but obviously millions are buying their records.

I like Green Day as well, but what's not cool is they are being tapped to get in before bands that have been around much longer, who have sold more albums, and played more shows and in some cases bigger shows. The whole rock n roll hall of fame is a farce.

um... who? (Goes to Google April Wine) :googleit:

oh, I see, they're from Charles neck of the woods... lol ;)

I saw them in Manchester in 1980 (i think). They had the required attire and had long hair. In fact I thought they were pretty good live. Though then again I thought REO Speedwagons live album was good :zzz:

Probably April Wine.... :rolleyes::lol:

I listened to a lot of April wine back in the days..any of you heard of lake,they only had a couple albums,I really like them,they are from germany and I think they still play in clubs there

Moody Blues also never inducted - their concept albums were considered prog rock. Many of their songs hardly fit into this category - Nights in White Satin, I'm Just a Singer in a Rock N Roll Band, Gemini Dream, Say it With Love and countless others. Like you say, what a farce!

:thumbdown:

In general the RnRHOF has done a horrible job of differentiating between bands that deserve mention in the museum for having one seminal album, see NWA and bands that are truly HOF worthy. Say what you will about Green Day but they are one of the few bands with multiple 10+ million selling albums. They've been popular over a long period of time with new music driving much of that popularity. They helped bring so-cal punk to the masses. I may prefer Joan Jett but I am not going to kid myself about who has had the larger impact on music and people.

I listened to a lot of April wine back in the days..any of you heard of lake,they only had a couple albums,I really like them,they are from germany and I think they still play in clubs there

Lake were one of my sister's favorite bands. I remember Time Bomb being a song she played quite often.

Archived