Sammy Hagar & The Circle (Anthony/Johnson/Bonham)

• 2 weeks later...

Yuck.  Jason can do better, much much better.    Cripes, eye need a drummer. Noise band - heavy psyche/skronk, experimental.   Jason, if you're out there, the gig is yours if you want it.  :coffee:

Edited by Mercurious

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/7/2019 at 12:46 AM, Silverseas said:

I wouldn’t watch this crap even if I had a ride to the “show,” free tickets and it was a block away. This is what happens to aging losers when they refuse to get jobs later in life. Red Rocker  . . Lol. Pathetic.  

Have you seen this version of the "Rolling Stones"? Now that is some way-past-their-prime shit. 50,000 people packing stadiums to watch that. Keith messing up the most basic of riffs, Mick no longer singing but reciting. But the money is still pouring in......

• 2 months later...
On 7/30/2022 at 6:59 AM, Ian Smith said:

Hard pass for me on this whole "Bro/Dude-rock" thing. 

Gotta say damn do I love Michael's high harmonies. Huge part of the VH sound. 

On 7/30/2022 at 7:04 AM, Ian Smith said:

Have you seen this version of the "Rolling Stones"? Now that is some way-past-their-prime shit. 50,000 people packing stadiums to watch that. Keith messing up the most basic of riffs, Mick no longer singing but reciting. But the money is still pouring in......

💯

7 hours ago, Strider said:

I saw the new album in Target, of all places. Usually the Target record section is full of teen-pop and K-pop stuff.

There’s 3 versions of it, too...

Target version you mentioned above w/ (3 bonus tracks) 

walmart version has 10 tracks with a bonus cd of sammy’s hits (10 tracks)

amazon version (only 10 tracks) 

R😎

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2014 at 4:52 PM, Dr Death said:

And your comment sparks a need to respond... There may well be some fans - or many, as you indicate - that think the Hagar era was better, but having been around when VH released their first album and witnessing the impact that that band had on music was an amazing thing to see, hear and feel. And DLR was a huge part of their success.

Sure, he's a showman, he's arrogant, but he doesn't try to hide that. He is exactly who he presents himself to be. And when it came to live concerts back in the day - 1978-1984 - it was pretty difficult to top Van Halen and Roth had a lot to do with that as well. He could turn an arena into a small room by making everyone feel that the show was being played in their back yard, if you know what I mean.

One thing I would take exception to is when you say the music with Hagar was more "mature." Eddie wrote/writes almost every single note of music and it was Eddie who grew and matured and this came through in his music. Maybe you didn't mean it this way, but it felt as though you were saying with Roth their music was amaturish and insolent.

Let's take a look at Roth with the more mature Eddie... in 1996 when he reunited with the band for two songs - Can't Get This Stuff No More and Me Wise Magic - both are just amazing songs and shows me that Roth could easily fit in with any style that Eddie wanted to play in. I was a bit disappointed when their most recent album was mostly old songs reworked. Apparently they are working on a new one with Roth and I can only hope for that sound they had on the two 1996 songs.

Not trying to change your opinion, because that's impossible. But believe me, there are far more fans who prefer the Roth era - Sammy himself even said so in a recent interview when he said that VH should take Michael back because 'that's what the fans want! The original line up.' He then went into a long diatribe about how he would happily tour with them if asked and if things were 'cool...' Typical Hagar. LOL

So, for me, and millions of others, I'll take Roth over Hagar any day. Now if their new album would be like those two songs from 1996... now that would be something very cool! Cheers!!!

Yup those who dont agree , didnt get it!

the DLR years music was untouchable!

just RAW , catchy & FUN

cradle will rock, unchained, aint talkin bout love, meanstreet, oh & 

DANCE the NITE AWAY! 

Come on!

SAMMYS stuff was pretty good got to admit! 

Standin on top of the world &

round & round  cant be denied! 

But original line up was somthin else!

rip Edward