DID Zep ever write and record new music AFTER Coda in 1982?

mrledhed

I heard that after LiveAid, Tony Thompson was brought in for rehearsals for a new album but it was cancelled after Thompson's accident. Was there ever even 1 full track written and recorded by the remaining 3 members after Coda was released in 1982?

I don't believe for one minute that those sessions will not be released in unauthorized form (a bootleg) eventually

I think what he meant was officially released. Robert would be thrown into a tizzy if those were ever officially released under "Led Zeppelin." But yes I also believe that we will eventually hear those tracks in one form or another...

I think what he meant was officially released. Robert would be thrown into a tizzy if those were ever officially released under "Led Zeppelin." But yes I also believe that we will eventually hear those tracks in one form or another...

Right. (agreed)

I'm going from memory to say that Rolling Stone ish Jan 1986 has the little blurb about Bath England session with Tony Thompson.. 'not reforming the Iron Butterfly' Robert added waggishly...

lots of get togethers adund almost a tour announcement circa 1990... but im going to go out on a limb and say that they attempted to record with Robert, as he said 'it was hands across the water'.. Robert in California, Page elswhere.. during the time that was also earmarked for the follow-up to Raising Sand.. only one completed song released to the public, named with an unpronouncable symbol.. unacknowledged by the band and fans alike.. but probably the real deal if you ask me.. sounded a little creaky but packed that familiar punch in the gut that had me convinced.. that it was THE GUYS. I think we missed it. The accompanying video looked expensive to make, and had one of the highest resolutions available on youtube at the time..

I'm going from memory to say that Rolling Stone ish Jan 1986 has the little blurb about Bath England session with Tony Thompson.. 'not reforming the Iron Butterfly' Robert added waggishly...

lots of get togethers adund almost a tour announcement circa 1990... but im going to go out on a limb and say that they attempted to record with Robert, as he said 'it was hands across the water'.. Robert in California, Page elswhere.. during the time that was also earmarked for the follow-up to Raising Sand.. only one completed song released to the public, named with an unpronouncable symbol.. unacknowledged by the band and fans alike.. but probably the real deal if you ask me.. sounded a little creaky but packed that familiar punch in the gut that had me convinced.. that it was THE GUYS. I think we missed it. The accompanying video looked expensive to make, and had one of the highest resolutions available on youtube at the time..

waitaminit.........WHAT ?

get us a link please......

i think i know what your talking about however.....

if it DID pack that familiar PUNCH ! i wanna give it another listen,

the highest resolutions available on youtube at the time ? expensive? intresting.....

WHAT did the commenters say? musicians who really studied & KNOW the boys playing could tell us i believe!

u cant fool them.

& if Plant sang on it = I thought i could tell if it wasnt him however =

I thought KINGDOM COME sounded & composed something good enuf to fool me if i didnt already know, so ?

i gota say = i DO slightly remember this part inc the "Iron Butterfly" comment

waitaminit.........WHAT ?

i think i know what your talking about however.....

if it DID pack that familiar PUNCH ! i wanna give it another listen,

the highest resolutions available on youtube at the time ? expensive? intresting.....

WHAT did the commenters say? musicians who really studied & KNOW the boys playing could tell us i believe!

u cant fool them.

& if Plant sang on it = I thought i could tell if it wasnt him however =

I thought KINGDOM COME sounded & composed something good enuf to fool me if i didnt already know, so ?

'Led Zeppelin' didn't write or do anything after September of 1980.

Coda was put together by Page by himself.

Not quite true, Robert recorded the lyrics for Walter's Walk in 82' I believe as the track (from the 72' Stargroves sessions) was an instrumental only.

Not quite true, Robert recorded the lyrics for Walter's Walk in 82' I believe as the track (from the 72' Stargroves sessions) was an instrumental only.

And John Paul Jones added to the tracks as well. All three members worked on the project, although Jimmy was the champion of the endeavor. Stuart Epss discusses this and how Jonesy got pissed off on play back because Stuart thought that as a cool rock musician, he would want to hear it that way. He was wrong.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/21847-interview-with-stuart-epps-sol-studios/

Archived