IMPORTANT LETTER REGARDING THE REUNION SHOW 10.12.07

You were lucky enough to get a ticket to O2, and you're STILL moaning? Get a life, my friend.

Loads of us tried to get tickets, didn't have Lady Luck on our side & simply couldn't afford to pay $$$ STOOPID on Ebay or wherever.

Just consider yourself lucky to have been there & get over it...PLEASE! :blink:

Kate Moss is not a bigger zep fan than my friend who is still miserable about the whole affair

Perhaps not, but I guarantee Kate Moss or her management kicked in a bigger donation to the Ahmet Fund than your weepy friend could have. This WAS a charity gig first and foremost man.

If they announce a tour and the same shenanigans take place at every venue you might have a valid point. Unfortunately, I don't think it will be celebrities scoffing up all the tickets, but the guy who is willing to eat oatmeal for a month just to overpay for a ticket.

I hate to break it to you Ned but getting shafted is just a part of life. This won't be the last time so get used to it. Until you are in a position of power or have some clout in the industry, you as a consumer will continue to get bent over, and then come back for more. If there is a show you really want to see, you are going to bend over and spread your ass cheeks because if you don't there are a thousand others that will.

I know it, you know it, and so does Goldsmith.

Do you really think Goldsmith cares what you or I think? I mean, people were threatening to have him tarred and feathered during the whole ballot debacle. I actually applaud his efforts to keep tickets off of eBay and the hands of scalpers. Even though it turned into a cluster f**k due to poor planning, I think his intentions were good.

The biggest problem I have with HG is that he allowed the rules to be changed at halftime so to speak. They said tickets would be canceled and they were not. That is why he is a joke to me.

I went to the show. It was the greatest show I've ever seen, by a band I will always love, after waiting and praying for at least 25 years. But I didn't make a lot of noise, to be honest. I was completely choked up for at least the first four songs. First time I even got my camera out was right at the end of For Your Life, and I only took a handful of pictures after that. Eventually I was doing some cheering and a bit of whistling, but even that didn't seem right. I was in awe, y'know.

I reckon there were a lot of people in the same state as me, and that's why there wasn't that much noise from the crowd for pretty much the whole first half of the concert, bizarre as it seems. I think the dam did break though, and by the end of Kashmir and the encores the whole place was howling and yelling.

So maybe you were in a bad spot, or maybe you didn't feel the same as a lot of other people. I certainly wouldn't say the crowd let the band down or whatever. Crazy talk.

This attitude has always bothered me - the suggestion that if I'm not going crazy and jumping up and down I'm somehow not enjoying the gig. I find it to be especially bad with Rolling Stones fans, particularly American ones. Its a strangely self-centered idea that one fan's right to throw himself around the venue is worth more than another's to stand, see the show, concentrate on the music. Stones fans get enraged if you don't stand up for the show and insist on their right to block your view as they "enjoy" the show more than you. I don't get it.

In short, maybe the crowd was subdued because they were in awe. Maybe they were tired from waiting all day. If I had been at the O2 show, I'm pretty sure my reaction would have been subdued. But it doesn't make me less of a fan. That suggestion is juvenile.

I find it to be especially bad with Rolling Stones fans, particularly American ones. Its a strangely self-centered idea that one fan's right to throw himself around the venue is worth more than another's to stand, see the show, concentrate on the music. Stones fans get enraged if you don't stand up for the show and insist on their right to block your view as they "enjoy" the show more than you. I don't get it.

Agreed. I've been to many Stones shows, and the crowd just seems to be getting worse and worse. Unfortunately, it seems as if there is no room for compromise with people who behave like this.

I agree with you Ned to some extent. The lottery didn't work well even though the band had the best of intentions i.e

1. to be fair by allowing equal access and

2. allowing a lot of people to see the concert at a "relatively" low price.

The best thing would have been to have an auction for a substantial part of the show (say 75% limited to say 4 tickets per bid) and a lottery for the rest. There would be so many tickets available in the auction that the scalpers would not have been able to corner the market, true fans would have been able to buy tickets - not at 100 pounds each but I would have thought under 1000 pounds each. The charity would have raised massively more money (at least 10 million pounds more I would have thought) and there would still be some element of equality of access and low-priced tickets.

It would make a nice business school case study.

*Snip*

When the gig finally happened I made my way to the front (aprox 10 feet from the barrier on Sir Page’s side of the stage) to my horror and disgust I found I was left to stand next to hundreds of people who looked like they were at a funeral! No screaming or shouting, no dancing or singing, some not even clapping, just looking blankly.

I mean you don’t need to be as animated as me, but you must at least let these musical gods know that they are truly loved and worshipped.

Most of the people near me spent half of the gig watching Brian May boogie the night away……. Now he is a legend, but f*** me, we were there to see the greatest band of all time play for the first time in almost 20 years, not watch celebs enjoy the gig!!

*Snip*

I’m sure if the crowd was full of true fans who paid £250 for a ticket, then it wouldn’t have seemed like a morgue for half the gig, and the band would have got the reception they richly deserved.

To the God’s Led Zeppelin, first of all, thank you for an AMAZING show, you were just awesome and you haven’t lost it! Secondly, it is my belief that you (like us) were sold out. You could have played to a crowd of the biggest fans who I’m sure would have literally blown you away, if the ballot had been deemed them fit enough to go. Instead you were watched by (in my opinion) 20% REAL fans, and 80% Sunday supporters who were just glad they won a ticket and couldn‘t turn down the opportunity to see you!!

I’m sure we could have forced the guys to play more shows by showing them just how much we loved them! If every person in that arena screamed their names at the top of their voices the roof would have came off….. Instead it stayed firmly bolted on.

If the guys do some more shows (which I believe they must) then they deserve to be watched by a much better crowd, a crowd full of hardcore fans who actually got the opportunity to watch them play.

This gig really should have been the best atmosphere at just about any gig ever. Well for me, it was the worst. Never before has such a great band played to such a poor crowd. If they do choose to play again, it’s not because we made them, which is sad!

Perhaps you missed this:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...ost&p=41254

Archived