Barrignton Coleby Artist for Zeppelin IV has died

BonzoBonham

Hi there, this didn't come from the official Led Zeppelin Twitter account (it's from my unofficial news one).

Barrington passed away on Friday. He'd been suffering from liver cancer for several months now. I had many conversations with Barrington about his artwork for Led Zeppelin, what happened to it, why he fell out with Jimmy, and his exile to Switzerland. It was his wish that his story never be told. In fact, his closest friend once spent months writing the story of his life and interviewing him. He had a sudden change of heart and threw the only manuscript of the book into a fire.

Barrington's story will be told one day. He had a mysterious life, and his involvement with Led Zeppelin is very interesting. I'm sad that he wasn't alive to tell it himself, but hopefully through the planned exhibit of his work we'll start to see more of his talent.

Barrington's artistic vision of the Hermit of the 9th House will live in infamy whilst Led Zeppelin IV remains.

A brilliant rendering that captivated many minds - mine included. So many mistaken theories

about the Old Man on the Mountain...but so many truths as well.

May your Quest continue onward Sir Coleby, in Peace and in Light.

Archived