Robert Plant

anniemouse

Hello this is my first post on the forum so am rather nervous. Been looking at Robert's videos from the early 1980's and noticed a mark on the on the lower right side of his back. Is it a tattoo, birthmark or scar. Yes it is trivial but it has bugged me for some time.

Best Wishes.

Anniemouse.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using this thread as I have no idea where to post this or where to look for an answer.

Had what I could only describe as a jaw dropping moment. Found a photograph online which I will not post that was of the band (early 1970's) standing in front of a table. The table has records of the type record companies give bands when their LP's have gone Gold. However on the table were a naked couple enjoying each other.

For the life of me I cannot begin to think what the context was.

I am using this thread as I have no idea where to post this or where to look for an answer.

Had what I could only describe as a jaw dropping moment. Found a photograph online which I will not post that was of the band (early 1970's) standing in front of a table. The table has records of the type record companies give bands when their LP's have gone Gold. However on the table were a naked couple enjoying each other.

For the life of me I cannot begin to think what the context was.

Led Zeppelin Was Once Presented with Their Gold Albums at a Live Sex Show in Sweden

ObHrZHT.jpg

http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/led-zeppelin-was-once-presented-with-their-gold-albums-at-a-live-sex-show-in-sweden-nsfw

Hello this is my first post on the forum so am rather nervous. Been looking at Robert's videos from the early 1980's and noticed a mark on the on the lower right side of his back. Is it a tattoo, birthmark or scar. Yes it is trivial but it has bugged me for some time.

Best Wishes.

Anniemouse.

If I recall correctly it's a birthmark - definitely NOT a tattoo or a scar. It think there is a '69-'70 photo of a nude Robert poolside which further substantiates it is a birthmark. Anyway, it prominently visible from 4:20 to 4:25 in the promo video below. The swimming pool scene was filmed at the long since-demolished Glass Pool Inn near Las Vegas.

Led Zeppelin Was Once Presented with Their Gold Albums at a Live Sex Show in Sweden

ObHrZHT.jpg

http://www.nerve.com/entertainment/led-zeppelin-was-once-presented-with-their-gold-albums-at-a-live-sex-show-in-sweden-nsfw

Jeez Louise...I have not seen this before :o That situation seems like a complete nightmare to me. To be the couple getting stared at or the band watching them. All levels of awkward. Good lord. But that's just me, I'm sure there were all perfectly fine, haha.

Notice Jimmy seems to be looking at the woman's face...

Jeez Louise...I have not seen this before :o That situation seems like a complete nightmare to me. To be the couple getting stared at or the band watching them. All levels of awkward. Good lord. But that's just me, I'm sure there were all perfectly fine, haha.

Notice Jimmy seems to be looking at the woman's face...

:lol: It is certainly bizarre.

What amazes me is that if one of the principle reasons for the fallout was that the musicians thought it was a demo then their work is astounding.

It really floors me that they could produce that level without trying.

Out of curiosity what would you say was the band best bootleg and concert performance. Watched a clip of the band in Europe with men in dinner suits looking through keyholes and they sounded fantastic even then.

What amazes me is that if one of the principle reasons for the fallout was that the musicians thought it was a demo then their work is astounding.

It really floors me that they could produce that level without trying.

Out of curiosity what would you say was the band best bootleg and concert performance. Watched a clip of the band in Europe with men in dinner suits looking through keyholes and they sounded fantastic even then.

June 21, 1977

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Listen_to_This_Eddie

Here's the opening two numbers:

• 2 weeks later...

To Mr Willoughby and other who have been so kind to reply on this thread. Can I enquire about the following.

For those who saw the band play live I notice from the clips and the movie TSRTS that the band did not seem to have a lot of stage props with just lighting rigs to illuminate the stage. Was this usual for the times (no reliance on giant spiders or spaceships) so what was it that created such an wonderful atmosphere in these large stadiums.

Was John Paul Jones wearing a wig in the TSRTS and what did fans think of Plant as the warrior and the psychedelic trip sequence.

Do you think their desire to not do too many interviews was a mistake or added to their mystery.

Also did they ever appear on TOTP on the UK as that would make them easily the most famous band never to do the show.

Still looking for the Robert Plant interview on Whistle Test with Mark Ellen and David Hepworth.

Thank you for reading.

I think I can answer a few of these!

Was John Paul Jones wearing a wig in the TSRTS?

Yes.

Subsequent filming and release[edit]

Dissatisfied with the progress of the film, Grant had Massot removed from the project and Australian director Peter Clifton was hired in his place in early 1974. Massot was offered a few thousand pounds in compensation. Peter Grant later sent someone to Massot's house to collect the film. However, Massot had hidden the film elsewhere and so instead an expensive editing machine owned by Massot was taken as collateral. Massot served a writ, leading to a period of stalemate which was finally broken when Grant and Led Zeppelin's lawyer Steve Weiss agreed to pay Massot the money he was owed, after which he delivered the film to the band. Massot was not invited to attend the premiere of the film at New York but he attended anyway, buying a ticket from a scalper outside the theatre.[3]

Clifton, realising that there were crucial holes in the concert footage, suggested that the entire show be recreated at Shepperton Studios in August 1974, on a mock-up of the Madison Square Garden stage. Close-ups and distance footage of the band members could then be slipped into the live sequences, which made up the bulk of the concert footage seen in the film. When it was agreed that the band would meet at Shepperton Studios for filming, Jones had recently had his hair cut short, so he had to wear a wig.[3][6] Robert Plant's teeth had also been fixed between the 1973 and 1974 filmings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_Remains_the_Same_(film)#Subsequent_filming_and_release

Still looking for the Robert Plant interview on Whistle Test with Mark Ellen and David Hepworth.

Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wtkJ8j1Uc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll3osZF_b9I

I think the old timers could answer your other questions, I was still a twinkle in my Dad's eye when they were active!

Just been reading a few things about the band and what strikes me is that due to some writers playing up their raucous reputation do the band historically get a undeserved bad rap. They were no saints but some stuff seems really cannot have happened as described. Oakland does seem a low point though.

Archived