Robert Holding a Blimp Onstage 1977

lcondo123

I'm looking for any other photos of Robert holding that black inflatable blimp with LED ZEPPELIN stenciled onto it. Reason I ask is because that was my dad's blimp that he got earlier that day at a Goodyear and he painted it black and put the stencils on. He snuck it into the show, re-inflated it, and threw it up on stage at Robert. I know there are more than one circulating online but I can't find them. I remember seeing a few more of Robert with it then one of him and Jimmy with it. I'll attach the one I have below and if anyone has the other photos that would be great if you could post them. Thanks!

btw the show was at the Richfield Coliseum on April 28, 1977

Photo%20May%2010%2C%208%2047%2024%20PM.j

also, if anyone has this pic in a higher resolution, I would greatly appreciate it if that could be posted too

I'm looking for any other photos of Robert holding that black inflatable blimp with LED ZEPPELIN stenciled onto it. Reason I ask is because that was my dad's blimp that he got earlier that day at a Goodyear and he painted it black and put the stencils on. He snuck it into the show, re-inflated it, and threw it up on stage at Robert. I know there are more than one circulating online but I can't find them. I remember seeing a few more of Robert with it then one of him and Jimmy with it. I'll attach the one I have below and if anyone has the other photos that would be great if you could post them. Thanks!

btw the show was at the Richfield Coliseum on April 28, 1977

Photo%20May%2010%2C%208%2047%2024%20PM.j

also, if anyone has this pic in a higher resolution, I would greatly appreciate it if that could be posted too

Cool story!

Any idea where I could find any more pics, Steve? Thanks for the confirmation btw :peace:

I believe the photographer is the great Cleveland-based Janet Macoska and I seem to recall I got my print from her. You could contact Janet to inquire if any other images of Robert with the blimp were taken, but I don't think there were.

I believe the photographer is the great Cleveland-based Janet Macoska and I seem to recall I got my print from her. You could contact Janet to inquire if any other images of Robert with the blimp were taken, but I don't think there were.

Alright thanks for the help Steve, I appreciate it.

Steve, just for an update: I did call Janet and I ordered a print of that from her and we got to talking about the show, so thank you for pointing me towards her.

Archived