69 Denmark vs 70 Royal Albert Hall

McSeven

Just curious. With the exception of Babe. Do you all see major progression with Zep songs such as Communication Breakdown/Dazed and Confused and How Many More Times from Denmark May 19/1969 to Royal Albert Jan 6 1970.

What are the the things that you think separates the performances and whats the big difference.

Robert Plant voice seems more dry and rough in 69. More fluid and sparky in 70. Wow what a difference in about 9 months or so.

Even Page sounds more Mage like with his usual tricks.

Bonzo and Jones are solid. Bonzo looks like he about to destroy that drum kit in 69 where as in 70 I feel like he drumming on some classic car like a cadilac. JPJones is great on both.

For some reason with the Denmark show. Zep sounds dry and scratchy. Royal Albert more exotic voodoo safari. On The Song Remains the Same. Zep sound more Slick. Like a well oiled Magic Show.

I am just trying to gauge the Trajectory of Zeps live show documented on Video.

Just curious. With the exception of Babe. Do you all see major progression with Zep songs such as Communication Breakdown/Dazed and Confused and How Many More Times from Denmark May 19/1969 to Royal Albert Jan 6 1970.

What are the the things that you think separates the performances and whats the big difference.

Robert Plant voice seems more dry and rough in 69. More fluid and sparky in 70. Wow what a difference in about 9 months or so.

Even Page sounds more Mage like with his usual tricks.

Bonzo and Jones are solid. Bonzo looks like he about to destroy that drum kit in 69 where as in 70 I feel like he drumming on some classic car like a cadilac. JPJones is great on both.

For some reason with the Denmark show. Zep sounds dry and scratchy. Royal Albert more exotic voodoo safari. On The Song Remains the Same. Zep sound more Slick. Like a well oiled Magic Show.

I am just trying to gauge the Trajectory of Zeps live show documented on Video.

To be completely honest with you, I have no idea what you mean besides the title of this new topic that you started. '69 Denmark vs'70 Albert Hall. I have NO idea of what you mean by your own words "Royal Albert more exotic voodoo safari".

What does that even mean? You even throw in the "Song Remains the Same". These are all three different and videoed and documented shows that constitute a different "era" of Live Led Zeppelin, and Their ever evolving live show.

Here is proof of what I am saying:

I totally get what you mean! "Exotic Voodoo safari" indeed! Listening to bootlegs through their career, I can really hear a progression of confidence, unity, and skill. When I first heard April 27th, 1969, I was so surprised to hear how reserved Robert sounded when apologizing for an equipment caused delay; "Hang on a tick, we've got a little trouble with the snare." In later shows he's the supremely confident Master-of-ceremonies.

Their live show certainly developed!

In 1969 it had a lot energy already but at a TV perfomance, they were not fully able to achieve their sound! But their sound was also not fully developed! At Albert hall there is more confidence, but the set has also developed in terms of improvisation and tighthness and sound and it also got a bit more colourful! By 1973 everything was fully developed and it was indeed a vodoo safari, as Zeppelin have taken so many shapes and colours in their compositions and sound and a lot of it was just achieved through the way they played, they didn't have many effects!

I absolutely love the Danish tv performance, I used to have it on videotape and I literally wore it out. Plant's voice was so powerful and Bonham's drumming changed my life (I used to play a bit).

They were different every time they played which is one of the reasons they were so good.

Archived