Jimmy Page & Chris Cornell To Collaborate In 2015

brettwb1

My husband joked that JP should do a collaboration with Bjork titled "We aren't Asian"

Holy shit, I love it.

Actually, I think that would work musically. Bjork is REALLY out there and has done some amazing stuff, it could really pull Jimmy into a wonderful direction.

An album of minor league shit? Why would he want to do that. Jimmy needs a hit song...rock and roll of course and he aint gonna write it. So what does Jimmy bring to the table? Certainly not virtuoso lead guitar technique at age 70. He won't draw big crowds unless the song(s) are of very high quality. And if he had that, LZ would be reforming right now.

Oh yes, the people of the world are such musical connoisseurs. I have two words which disprove this: Taylor Swift.

Now I understand there is a world of difference between the two but all Jimmy would have to do is collaborate with Lady Gaga or One Direction and Jimmy will be on top again. Of course on top of what is the question.

Of course on top of what is the question.

On top of a heap of shit with his integrity sliding down the sides just beyond his grasp. :)

If jimmy did a collaboration with Chris Cornell I have no doubt that it would be great. He could collaborate with a whole range of singers and musicians and come up with some truly great work, if he wanted to, or wasn't afraid to.

Unfortunately the only collaborating he seems to be doing at the moment are with book stores, Ross halfin, dinners, that scarf bloke and with a range of airlines aquiring air miles on the promo tours.

I'd love him to release some new material but until I have something in my hand I'm resigned to the fact that he's retired, and that's absolutely cool. He's earned it and has delivered some of the most timeless material ever.

If he spends the rest of his time tweaking the zepp catalogue that's absolutel cool. If he wants to share some live remasters with us then that's absolutely cool too.

It is unfortunate but if that's how it is then so be it.

So now I just don't really trust any sources about collaborations or new material or playing live, particularly when they come from the man himself.

That would be at distinct odds with their very recent public conversation and "agreement" to work together. It would be interesting to read if you have a source for your claim. I've previously read an interview with the drummer disparaging LZ back in the 90s.

I think he may be talking about Kim Thayil from Soundgarden not Chris Cornell

On top of a heap of shit with his integrity sliding down the sides just beyond his grasp. :)

If jimmy did a collaboration with Chris Cornell I have no doubt that it would be great. He could collaborate with a whole range of singers and musicians and come up with some truly great work, if he wanted to, or wasn't afraid to.

Unfortunately the only collaborating he seems to be doing at the moment are with book stores, Ross halfin, dinners, that scarf bloke and with a range of airlines aquiring air miles on the promo tours.

I'd love him to release some new material but until I have something in my hand I'm resigned to the fact that he's retired, and that's absolutely cool. He's earned it and has delivered some of the most timeless material ever.

If he spends the rest of his time tweaking the zepp catalogue that's absolutel cool. If he wants to share some live remasters with us then that's absolutely cool too.

It is unfortunate but if that's how it is then so be it.

So now I just don't really trust any sources about collaborations or new material or playing live, particularly when they come from the man himself.

I am beginning to believe Ross Halfin may in fact be some infernal succubus which has attached himself to Jimmy and is slowly draining him of his life force & creative spirit. He sure looks like one. Ross is what, 4' tall with a face that looks like it has not cracked a smile is 200 years, and they eyes of Old Scratch himself. Blech, how Jimmy stands to be in the same room as that noxious dwarf is beyond me. Would not doubt if it was old Ross was behind his collaboration with Puff Daddy.

I am beginning to believe Ross Halfin may in fact be some infernal succubus which has attached himself to Jimmy and is slowly draining him of his life force & creative spirit. He sure looks like one. Ross is what, 4' tall with a face that looks like it has not cracked a smile is 200 years, and they eyes of Old Scratch himself. Blech, how Jimmy stands to be in the same room as that noxious dwarf is beyond me. Would not doubt if it was old Ross was behind his collaboration with Puff Daddy.

What is it about Ross Halfin that gets so many Led Zeppelin fans in a snit? I don't much about the man other than that he is originally from Australia and works as a rock photographer.

Why do so many JP fans hate Ross? I think he's hilarious. I love his diary. He lives a glamorous life most people would kill for.

I saw him in NYC 11/5. I wanted to go up to him and tell him I loved his photo of the tiger and shadow. He said he took it in his apartment on a rainy day. It makes me think of spirit in inanimate objects. Anyway when I went to walk towards him he was chatting it up with this hot Asian girl. I'm sure he would not have wanted to be interrupted.

JP never seems to look like he's being held against his will with Ross. They are probably much more alike than JP fans would like to admit. I can just hear them now sitting down to a full English bitching about if the blueberries are fresh or frozen.

First of all, this was hilarious, especially the part about the "scarf bloke" and the air miles. Secondly, Ross, given his "glamourous life," whines like he's been forced to work in a sweat shop for below minimum wage. He also has the impression that he's incredibly witty (e.g., see his November 19 "diary" entry in which he apparently thinks writing out the broken English of others is hilarious -- no, I'm not offended, it's just stupid). But I'll admit it takes the right person for me to find whining funny. Finally, his photos of JP are awful given JP's tendency to excessively mug for Ross's camera and RH's liberal retouching of every photo. And I'm absolutely willing to believe JP and RH have many similarities, or maybe RH just tickles the sweet spot of JP's ego. I don't, however, think RH has had much of an impact on JP's "career" of the last 14 years.

Why do so many JP fans hate Ross? I think he's hilarious. I love his diary. He lives a glamorous life most people would kill for.

I saw him in NYC 11/5. I wanted to go up to him and tell him I loved his photo of the tiger and shadow. He said he took it in his apartment on a rainy day. It makes me think of spirit in inanimate objects. Anyway when I went to walk towards him he was chatting it up with this hot Asian girl. I'm sure he would not have wanted to be interrupted.

JP never seems to look like he's being held against his will with Ross. They are probably much more alike than JP fans would like to admit. I can just hear them now sitting down to a full English bitching about if the blueberries are fresh or frozen.

Blueberries with a full English? Never in a million years in England! :rolleyes:

Haha! You are correct. I supposed I should have said "Sit down to tea".

After a few weeks in the UK I was no longer grossed out by beans for breakfast.

Oh yes got to have baked beans with your full English. And black pudding. (blood sausage)

I would love to see this happen. Now call John Paul Jones and Dave Grohl.

Matt Cameron from Soundgarden was also listed (along with Ringo and a few others) as a guest at Jimmy's dinner party recently....

While it's all just speculation at this point, if he does collaborate with Cornell, Matt Cameron may be a candidate as well...who knows.

He might do something with none of the above.

Pearl Jam is the top of the heap when it comes to Grunge. Period.

Neil Young influenced many early Grunge bands in the early 90's.

Flannel shirts, ripped jeans, t-shirts, and a million watts of distorted Fenders....

Jimmy and Chris could be good, Jimmy and Jack White would be awesome,

Jimmy and Gary Clark Jr will be phenomenal !

Jimmy's recent Quote from the Newsweek interview....

"But that's what the future holds!

It holds all these surprises, endless, really.

The only thing that's stopping those possibilities is your imagination.(??)

Mind you, I've started racing against Time now.

That's when it gets REALLY exciting.."

While anything with Jimmy would be great, Chris Cornell would be my least preferred choice.

The only singers I've liked since LZ are Chris Farlowe followed by Paul Rodgers. Did not like coverdale or black crow stuff.

and for the record:

Loved Nirvana

Liked Pearl Jam

Hated Soundgarden

Saw Robert Fripp at the Great American Music Hall 1990? - no vocals BTW - and have only gone to small venue concerts since. Never looked back.

Saw Robert Fripp at the Great American Music Hall 1990? - no vocals BTW - and have only gone to small venue concerts since. Never looked back.

Just speaking for myself, rock, as a music genre, doesn't lend itself to instrumental only concerts. The compositions aren't strong enough or complex enough to stand alone for a 90 minute set. It's one of the reasons I've never been able to warm up to Jeff Beck. I know he's a great guitarist; but much of his catalog leaves me cold. I can appreciate the excellence of his guitar playing but without the hook of good vocals; I start tuning out after a couple of songs.

I appreciate that. That is what it is all about - our own opinions:-)

Love Jeff Beck, particularly his older stuff. Love contemporary jazz, classical etc.

I agree, a full band with vocals and good lyrics adds another dimension - Led Zeppelin had that at all four corners - speaking to the choir here -lol

The large stadium venues though, that puts me to sleep.

That would indeed be a good musical pairing.....

If for the fun of it, we are thinking out loud about who JImmy could work together with....., how about Joe Bonamassa.....?

Maaike

That would be brilliant! Joe could really get some great blues out of Jimmy!

^ Imagine this with Jimmy... :veryhot:

I think if I had to put together a three or four piece band for Jimmy, it would be:

Jimmy on guitar (of course)

Dave Grohl on drums

John Paul Jones on bass, keyboards

now here is where I'm stuck, if there would be another guitarist that sings lead it would either be Josh Homme, Jordan Cook (Reignwolf), or Jeff Martin, but if it was just a singer then I'd be happy with Chris Cornell

Archived