Jimmy Page & Chris Cornell To Collaborate In 2015

brettwb1

Being indifferent to Grunge would be understandable.

But disparaging generalizations directed towards the varied music of an entire genre says more about the critic than the music. In this case, it says the critic can't explore and own up to certain truths about himself and reacts by directing hostility toward those who can tread that territory.

Shit, the biggest crybaby of the Grunge era was Vito Bratta. Blaming everyone but himself for his career's downward trajectory.

How unfortunate that Jimmy Page settled for the likes of David Coverdale, The Black Crowes, fucking P Diddy and missed the opportunity to collaborate with Chris Cornell.

4 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

But disparaging generalizations directed towards the varied music of an entire genre says more about the critic than the music. In this case, it says the critic can't explore and own up to certain truths about himself and reacts by directing hostility toward those who can tread that territory.

So in other words, suicidal addicts who blew their own brains out or hung themselves in hotel rooms were hardwired into essential truths about themselves and the universe that us mere listeners simply can't fathom. Give me a fucking break.  

4 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

Being indifferent to Grunge would be understandable.

Shit, the biggest crybaby of the Grunge era was Vito Bratta. Blaming everyone but himself for his career's downward trajectory.

How unfortunate that Jimmy Page settled for the likes of David Coverdale, The Black Crowes, fucking P Diddy and missed the opportunity to collaborate with Chris Cornell.

The whole P Diddy thing is EVERYTHING that represents and symbolizes Led Zeppelin.  Led Zeppelin has always been about improvising and finding ways to make the song continue on.   I don't really care for Grunge and only reason I kinda got into it is because Mtv and the Radio during that era played the garbage several times each hour every day.  Smashing Pumpkins had more talent than Soundgarden.

I liked his collaboration with The Black Crowes even though I'm not a fan of them. I saw that Miles Kennedy said he recorded two new songs with Led Zeppelin when they were thinking of touring in 2008 when Plant said he wouldn't tour with Zep.

Anyone heard any of this or think it'll be released?

led zeppelin autographs

7 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

...us mere listeners simply can't fathom. 

I must have missed the part where you contemplated the social commentary and political statements inherent in the brand and the "grunge movement" :)

80's hair metal was frivolous and shallow - Seattle's grunge was dark and brooding. Personally I enjoy the depth of the majority of the grunge bands songwriting skills as opposed to the vapidness of hair metal, but I can appreciate both. One of the glaring differences between the two is how they handled success. Hair bands loved every second of it. Grunge bands never embraced being successful, cause ya' know, being rich and happy just aint cool anymore man. 

Grunge killed Hair metal, and then rap killed grunge...and rock music in general. 

I wouldn't classify The Cult and Badlands as "hair metal". But if they officially are, both were / are great bands. 

This whole thing is stupid. There's good and bad in all genres.  

Sad to say there have also been suicides in all musical genres.. Wendy O'Williams, Brad Delp and Keith Emerson weren't Grunge.. 

I'm listening to Chris Cornell cover Thank You on The Howard Stern Show as I type this. Such a shame this talented artist is gone.. That's all. 

1 hour ago, the chase said:

I wouldn't classify The Cult and Badlands as "hair metal". But if they officially are, both were / are great bands. 

This whole thing is stupid. There's good and bad in all genres.  

Sad to say there have also been suicides in all musical genres.. Wendy O'Williams, Brad Delp and Keith Emerson weren't Grunge.. 

I'm listening to Chris Cornell cover Thank You on The Howard Stern Show as I type this. Such a shame this talented artist is gone.. That's all. 

Well put Chase

Depression and loss is not exclusive to any one genre of music

14 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

Smashing Pumpkins had more talent than Soundgarden.

Errr...no. Billy Nosferatu Corgan is the biggest whiner in rock and roll. 

6 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I'm sorry, but 80's hair metal >>>>>>>>Seattle grunge. I'll take Whitesnake, The Cult or Badlands over Nirvana, Soundgarden or Pearl Jam any day!

Of course you do.

18 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

It's truly sad the opportunities Jimmy Page has passed up. I have tried to keep my hope alive that Jimmy will play guitar again in some shape or form. But that hope pretty much died recently when Jimmy Page was in Seattle the same time Chris Cornell and Temple of the Dog were playing a concert. Temple were even doing "Achilles Last Stand" every night on the tour, so what a perfect opportunity for Jimmy to do a guest spot. Instead...nada. 

If Jimmy couldn't be inspired to play one of his favourite compositions with someone he says he admired, one wonders if he will ever be inspired to take the stage again?

10 hours ago, greig1983 said:

I saw that Miles Kennedy said he recorded two new songs with Led Zeppelin when they were thinking of touring in 2008 when Plant said he wouldn't tour with Zep.

Anyone heard any of this or think it'll be released?

led zeppelin au

37 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

BTW The Cult, hair metal? And wtf is Badlands?

Muttley, Badlands was Jake E Lee's first post Ozzy Osbourne project. Featuring the late Ray Gillen on vocals. Ray was an incredible singer. Future Kiss drummer Eric Singer was also on their first album. The debut was real good, almost Southern Rock, but much heavier. 

On 5/30/2017 at 6:07 AM, SteveAJones said:

I loathe grunge for a lot of reasons, but predominantly because it's a loser's soundtrack for suicide written and performed by the suicidal. Say what you will about Ratt, Quiet Riot, Cinderella, Poison, etc. they have several hits that are great to crank on the open road. Grunge? It's all nothing but "my stomach hurts, wha wha wha, I'm contagious, wha wha wha". I was living in California at the time and good grief, between the grunge losers and the hip hop assholes it's a miracle I didn't take hostages. You mentioned Black Sabbath. It's funny, I can't stand them but I really enjoy Ozzy as a solo artist.    

I have no problem when people dislike a genre of music. Taste is subjective, but I resent being referred to as a loser or asshole because I and others listen to both grunge and hip hop. You seem to often take the stand your opinion is fact and it's just your opinion, which everyone is entitled to but it would be nice if you would stop adding nasty comments to them.

9 hours ago, Stryder1978 said:

I'm sorry, but 80's hair metal >>>>>>>>Seattle grunge. I'll take Whitesnake, The Cult or Badlands over Nirvana, Soundgarden or Pearl Jam any day!

Does Neil Young and Crazy Horse fit in here anywhere?  To me, THAT is grunge and I freakin love it!  I guess NY&CH are sort of California grunge, maybe...

I totally agree that Page and Cornell could have been pretty amazing.

10 hours ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

I have no problem when people dislike a genre of music. Taste is subjective, but I resent being referred to as a loser or asshole because I and others listen to both grunge and hip hop. You seem to often take the stand your opinion is fact and it's just your opinion, which everyone is entitled to but it would be nice if you would stop adding nasty comments to them.

YOU are a loser and an asshole regardless of what you listen to. :P Come on man, I'm just doing my show. You shouldn't take it so personal.

9 hours ago, in_the_evening said:

Does Neil Young and Crazy Horse fit in here anywhere?  To me, THAT is grunge and I freakin love it!  I guess NY&CH are sort of California grunge, maybe...

Some of Young's work arguably fits the grunge genre, and some of it is closer to folk or country rock. I can stand Neil Young in small does. Two or three songs tops, which is two or three more than I can stand of Cornell. To each their own.

12 hours ago, tenyearsgone21 said:

:goodpost:

14 hours ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

BTW The Cult, hair metal? And wtf is Badlands?

Try pulling your head out and do some research.  Badlands is one of the most under-rated groups of that decade. 

1 hour ago, Stryder1978 said:

For the uneducated.....or just plain stupid:

What the hell man, give it a rest already with the endless insults. You know not everyone is going to be familiar with Badlands so stop being so pretentious about it. Can't you just answer a question without being a jerk about it?

Same with Steve and his "show." Insulting people for the sake of your own entertainment and gratification on a forum is not a show, its called trolling. Unless you are on TV with an actual show of which case that would either be Fox News or InfoWars.

Grow up

Archived