Jimmy Page @ Barnes & Noble in L.A. Nov. 11, 2014

Strider

But then, Jimmy looks at you with those twinkling eyes that have seen a million stages and rocked them harder than Bon Jovi could ever conceive and you feel your hand in Jimmy's grip, with those fingers that coaxed millions of sounds and notes from his guitar that seared your mind and stirred your soul, and all of your pretense of calm is lost and you become an awestruck 13-year-old schoolgirl.
That line alone gave me a HUGE grin when I read it!!
What a wonderful ending to a great day Strider!
Loved the fact you had the idea to carefully choose some 45's for Jimmy's jukebox....or stereo!
Maybe he wanted your 45's to stay away from Ross!! ;)
Thanks so much for sharing such an awesome experience with us!

But then, Jimmy looks at you with those twinkling eyes that have seen a million stages and rocked them harder than Bon Jovi could ever conceive and you feel your hand in Jimmy's grip, with those fingers that coaxed millions of sounds and notes from his guitar that seared your mind and stirred your soul, and all of your pretense of calm is lost and you become an awestruck 13-year-old schoolgirl.

That line alone gave me a HUGE grin when I read it!!

Me, too! :D

Strider, thank you for sharing your story with such detail and honesty. I felt like I was right there with you! Congratulations on fulfilling what would be a lifelong dream!

Have you really seen Jimmy in concert 25 times?? And now you've actually shaken his hand. WOW, I've got some catching up to do.

Strider: 25

Debbie: 0

Hoping to turn that around in 2015!! :)

Strider, that was fantastic!

"I tried out several versions thru the afternoon before settling on what I thought was a concise yet heartfelt message. Simple and direct". - I loved this comment and had to smile as I could completely understand how I would want to say just the right thing if I ever had the opportunity:-)

^^Like 60blues stated ..a really huge smile with that comment!

I would say that Jennings Farm Blues takes on a whole new meaning for you! How great that your 45's will be on his jukebox:-) Thank you for such a great write up :thumbsup:

Strider, that was a lovely account of your experience. Thanks for letting us all experience it with you. I'm sure Mr. Page will enjoy listening to your 45s back home. He'll probably think to himself "These came from that very nice chap in Los Angeles" while he listens to them.

Thanks for taking time to take us with you Strider! Just to add to the suspense as I was reading it, my phone's battery died just as I came to the part where you said it was finally your turn.

So pleased you had the chance to regroup and let him know how you felt. How wonderful to be able to give him something he will enjoy.

A lot of 'important' people shaking a lots of hands in my home town (Brisbane) last week-end, but I can tell you whose hand I'd rather shake.

Strider, thank you for your most memorable journey with "James Patrick Page"; you truly remain "Honorary Member"; all of your journeys.. time stands still and that is so fascinating...I hope that you will continue to write...perhaps a book even from Fan's point of View all about "Led Zeppelin"...

That was so cool and congrats on meeting jimmy page. Not only are you a real writer, with your very real accounts of seeing zep and meeting jimmy page here, but you being a fan and sharing your experiences on a forum like this, is a great thing. Much appreciated.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but could JP possibly give his fans any LESS?? Can't even be bothered to sign his name, I will push down this plunger thingy and stamp your book.

I don't think I've ever heard of another "book tour" where the author was not scribbling (I've seen a few and some were illegible).

What a wonderful ending to a great day Strider!

Loved the fact you had the idea to carefully choose some 45's for Jimmy's jukebox....or stereo! Maybe he wanted your 45's to stay away from Ross!! ;)

Thanks so much for sharing such an awesome experience with us

You know, in all the hubbub it completely slipped my mind to look for Ross Halfin! D'oh!

Anybody else go to the Los Angeles Barnes & Noble event? You're certainly welcome to post your pictures and words about your visit with Jimmy.

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. Glad you liked it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this great experience with us Strider. You're a very good writer and have enjoyed this as well as some of your past concert experience write ups! Very well done and you really grab the reader to take them there!

Those were very cool gifts for JP and that they would be part of his home jukebox. I think he'll forget about meeting most people here, but not so much you as yours was much more unique and personal. I'm sure that's why he spent more time with you and shook hands again with you as you left the table.

Archived