Forum member levee RIP.

ledded1

It's with a heavy heart that I am announcing the extremely sad passing of a friend and fellow forum member known as levee.

He like the rest of us joined .com because of his love of the band Led Zeppelin and the music they created that still touches us.

He was a kind gentle man and a gentleman.

He and many others here became friends first on the forum and then later on facebook. I never got to meet him in person sadly but I know others did and we were all proud to call him our friend.

We can't begin to know the pain his family are feeling at this time but as his friend my thoughts are with them.

He was also loved and respected by his Zeppelin friends and I can tell you that having been in contact with many of them today that love and respect has shone through. All of us are in shock but we wanted levee to be remembered here on the forum where most of us first met and became friends and I think we all agree that we can often take friendships for granted until times like these arise to make us realise that.

So here is to the memory of a lovely guy who will be missed by many of us. For those who never got to know him I can say that you too would have liked him, been proud to have known him and to have him as a friend.

To you levee, our dear friend.

Led Zeppelin will live on in us all with your passing.

I am proud to say that Levee was a friend of mine, one I made in the old led zeppelin board, one of the most gentle souls I have ever met. His sense of humor was unique, we had some great conversations and I feel so sorry he's gone, I can't even put into words how bad I feel. Levee, my friend, RIP. And make the angels laugh as you made me many, many times.

ledded1, well put, Beautiful indeed.

Levee.....

:toast:

Levee was a thoughtful and generous person to talk to. Always offering his kind words and support. He'd find a way to bond with us over our favourite bands, listening to a ton of albums as much as he listened to Led Zeppelin!

Can't believe it's been a little over 10 years since I first joined this place and Levee's humour was always a daily pleasure to have when I posted quite often after. So many great memories and conversations.

RIP and thank you.

I must say that I did not know the man personally but I always enjoyed Levee's posts and his sense of humour. Definitely one of the good guy's here . It saddens me to hear of his passing and I'm saddened for his family and friends who will miss him dearly. RIP Levee

Perfectly said, Paul. While I didn't meet him personally, I did have the pleasure of speaking with Levee this summer. I am crushed that this gentle, sweet man is no longer with us. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Rest in peace, dear friend. You will be missed by all who loved you.

While I never had the pleasure, he was obviously an extraordinary person. Look at all of the folks who haven't been here in ages who've returned to mourn his passing. Amazing.

Best to all of his family and friends.

While I never had the pleasure, he was obviously an extraordinary person. Look at all of the folks who haven't been here in ages who've returned to mourn his passing. Amazing.

Best to all of his family and friends.

+1

A lot of us were friends of his on facebook and kept in touch.

I'm going to miss his wit and our college basketball and baseball chats. He was a Kentucky Wildcat fan and I a Tarheel fan. We had lot's to talk about!

Most of all, I'm going to miss his friendship and the love he had for all his Led Zeppelin friends, it was extraordinary!

Very sad to read the news of Levee's passing.
I do remember his posting but was not personally familiar with him.

To see some of the folks resurface after long abence to comment on his passing speaks huge to what kind of person he was.

Rest in Peace, our brother.

Archived