Your favorite guitar players (better than Page)

Kroeger_Chad

I don't have anyone over Page, to my ears he did it all from Sitar to 12 string to Mandolin. However, I think Steve Clark was a very special guitar player that had some really cool guitar structure ideas, and of course Jeff Martin from the The Tea Party is like Jimmy Page part 2 to my ears. Slash is up on that list as well. Vivian Campbell and Phil Collen are pretty great and unique with there day job and solo projects and so on. Vernon Reid was great. Mick Ronson had a distinctive sound in all of his projects. Gordie Johnson was/is great except for when he stoned out his mind on pot and eating tons of food which is sort of sad, because I love the guy to bits, despite him harming himself. Randy Bachman was great as well. Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody were and are wonderful. Andy Scott was awesome to my ears as well. George Harrison was pretty cool.

Well, you're kinda asking two questions here: 1) your favorite guitarists and 2) guitarists better than Page. So I'll take this in the two bits here.

1) Favorite guitarists other than Page would have to be

Jeff Martin (The Tea Party, Charles :toast: )

Dave Grohl

Josh Homme (Queens of the Stone Age)

Kevin Parker (Tame Impala)

Pete Townshend

Jack White

Joe Bonamassa

David Gilmour

Jordan Cook (Reignwolf)

2) guitarists better than Page

lol none, Page is honestly the best to my ears. Nothing I've ever heard other people do can compare to what Page can do. And like Charles said, Jeff Martin is like a Jimmy part 2

Nah. I just wanted to get some of you guys riled up. Putting a ridiculous list is an easy way to do it That being said I think Page is very good but he's far from my favorite. My favorite guitar players would be

Trey Anastasio

David Gilmour

Robert Fripp

Mark Knopfler

Duane Allman

Larry Campbell (love his diversity)

Dimebag Darrell

Mikael Akerfeldt

Paul Waggoner

Pat Metheny

Nah. I just wanted to get some of you guys riled up. Putting a ridiculous list is an easy way to do it That being said I think Page is very good but he's far from my favorite. My favorite guitar players would be

Trey Anastasio

David Gilmour

Robert Fripp

Mark Knopfler

Duane Allman

Dimebag Darrell

Mikael Akerfeldt

Paul Waggoner

Pat Metheny

All good choices, Gilmour understood mood and vibe which is something I liked about him a lot. Robert Fripp was fun. And yes, I think Edge is great. He wrote some great bits as well, I prefer guys who get feel and vibe over pure power or speed.

Trey Anastasio

David Gilmour

Robert Fripp

Mark Knopfler

Duane Allman

Dimebag Darrell

Mikael Akerfeldt

Paul Waggoner

Pat Metheny

:rolleyes: I knew it. :P Your username and location also smelled a bit fishy...

Ok I'll play along. Page is my all-time, undisputed fav, but I also like:

Jimi Hendrix

Larry LaLonde

John Lennon

George Harrison

Alex Lifeson

Tony Iommi

Eric Clapton

Stevie Ray Vaughan

Syd Barrett

As Gandalf said: "Aim for the trolls!"

Anyone who posts their location as "your moms [sic] bed" is still struggling with the developmental tasks of early adolescence as well as literacy.

No one who was really a Zep fan would start this topic.

There are several other guitarists who are my faves but because I am female I'm not so into comparing. Womenfolk generally prefer just enjoying people's different talents rather than this measuring and comparing that some men are obsessed with.

No one is better than Pagey! Exclamation mark!

No one is better than Pagey! Exclamation mark!

Agreed. There is no one better. Only Hendrix comes close.

As Gandalf said: "Aim for the trolls!"

Anyone who posts their location as "your moms [sic] bed" is still struggling with the developmental tasks of early adolescence as well as literacy.

No one who was really a Zep fan would start this topic.

There are several other guitarists who are my faves but because I am female I'm not so into comparing. Womenfolk generally prefer just enjoying people's different talents rather than this measuring and comparing that some men are obsessed with.

Agreed

Archived