JP back in London

henrybonzo

9781905662326.jpg
Meet Jimmy Page

Jimmy Page by Jimmy Page

WATERSTONE'S PICCADILLY
Tuesday, 2 December 2014, 1:00PM

We’re delighted to host one of the world’s most iconic guitar players, who will be hand stamping his book 'Jimmy Page' with a stamp unique to this event. Access to the queue will be on a first come first served basis. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment. The queue will be restricted to a maximum of 250 people. Jimmy Page will hand stamp one copy per person. There will be no opportunity for photography at this event. No merchandise or memorabilia will be signed at this event.

Further details: 02078512400

Hey fantastic. I will be there. Though I thought Waterstones was on Deansgate not Piccadilly. Oh no !!! IT'S LONDON. What a shock.

I don't need to arrive early to avoid disappointment. Come on Jimmy do the rest of the country a favour and come up North?

The North of England is treated much like Atlantic Canada when it comes to bands and gigs. I feel your pain my friend!

The North of England is treated much like Atlantic Canada when it comes to bands and gigs. I feel your pain my friend!

Oh it's worse than that C. This country is actually London and the rest. Take money for example. We have a Heritage Lottery Fund in this country. If it was a toss up for a local brass band from Doncaster or the arts in London - no brainer. Here's the cheque "Camden centre for arts from Tibet".

The amount per head spent on transport in this country is hilarious.

Take a look at this table:

TRANSPORT SPENDING PER HEAD
  • London - £2,731
  • South-east of England - £792
  • East Midlands - £311
  • West Midlands - £269
  • Yorkshire and Humberside - £201
  • North-west of England - £134
  • Eastern England - £43
  • South-west of England - £19
  • North-east of England - £5

except its only 200 miles from Manchester to London, nothing in North American speak

A bit shy of that HB but it might as well be in Timbuktu.

I just checked the Train costs: £226. I can fly to Portugal and back and have change for a few bottles of wine for that.

Edited because as I typed the price has gone up by a tenner ;)

Oh it's worse than that C. This country is actually London and the rest. Take money for example. We have a Heritage Lottery Fund in this country. If it was a toss up for a local brass band from Doncaster or the arts in London - no brainer. Here's the cheque "Camden centre for arts from Tibet".

The amount per head spent on transport in this country is hilarious.

Take a look at this table:

TRANSPORT SPENDING PER HEAD
  • London - £2,731
  • South-east of England - £792
  • East Midlands - £311
  • West Midlands - £269
  • Yorkshire and Humberside - £201
  • North-west of England - £134
  • Eastern England - £43
  • South-west of England - £19
  • North-east of England - £5

That sounds very much like the state of New York over here in the states - most of the revenue goes towards supporting New York City and it's citizens as opposed to the rest of the state. Upstate New Yorker's are very resentful about that.

That sounds very much like the state of New York over here in the states - most of the revenue goes towards supporting New York City and it's citizens as opposed to the rest of the state. Upstate New Yorker's are very resentful about that.

They're always welcome to pay New York City taxes... (edited to add >) :)

They're always welcome to pay New York City taxes... (edited to add >) :)

They certainly pay their share - especially considering how much fewer services, social and otherwise, are used upstate compared to the city. Either way, glad I live in the "Sunshine State"! :suntan::)

They certainly pay their share - especially considering how much fewer services, social and otherwise, are used upstate compared to the city. Either way, glad I live in the "Sunshine State"! :suntan::)

City residents pay more, share more, and cost of living is much higher but I'm okay with that. it's a personal choice to live in an expensive city. I can accept the bad with the good. You should especially feel happy about Florida life today as curent NYC temp is 36 (feels like 25)!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for posting the video Deborah J!

Sometimes, it must be pretty hard being Jimmy Page, he shook three different peoples hands in that short walk and seemed to have a smile on his face for each of them--what a nice guy!!

I really don't have a problem with any of his choices. It's really none of our business. Whatever he does in his personal life , as long as he is happy and enjoying himself, who are we to judge? Last I heard.. the same scenario worked out just fine for Eric Clapton...and fwiw...I am a woman.

• 1 year later...

I don't like the whole "book stamping" thing.  It's just me, but for God's sake, you can't be bothered to SIGN a freakin book live everyone else does?  A stupid stamp???

Jimmy isn't the only one who has done a book stamping instead of a book signing. In this case, some consideration was given to the fact the Genesis book was originally offered to collectors as a very expensive signed limited edition. How would you like to be someone who paid top dollar for an original, only to have the book republished and signed for free en mass a few years later? 

Jimmy isn't the only one who has done a book stamping instead of a book signing. In this case, some consideration was given to the fact the Genesis book was originally offered to collectors as a very expensive signed limited edition. How would you like to be someone who paid top dollar for an original, only to have the book republished and signed for free en mass a few years later? 

Amen!

Perhaps because Jimmy doesn't play guitar anymore(???) his hands or fingers have literally frozen up

and from arthritis, tendinitis, blah, blah he actually cannot sign books anymore. All things are possible.

Why not just a fingerprint, fully backed up by Scotland Yard ?? HA HA.

Archived