2015 MLB BASEBALL THREAD

Strider

The World Series is over (Congratulations San Francisco) and the awards have been passed out. 2014 is in the books and in the rear-view mirror. It is time to look forward to 2015...

And Nelson Cruz and the Seattle Mariners just dropped a bombshell to start the new season off. I can hear Rick and ebk screaming from here.

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=11963217

The World Series is over (Congratulations San Francisco) and the awards have been passed out. 2014 is in the books and in the rear-view mirror. It is time to look forward to 2015...

And Nelson Cruz and the Seattle Mariners just dropped a bombshell to start the new season off. I can hear Rick and ebk screaming from here.

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=11963217

I'm too tired to scream that loud :)

Honestly not all that surprised. We only had him because he had the "trouble" before. I have every confidence that Dan Duquette and Buck will figure something out.

How did that sound? Convincing? ;)

I'm too tired to scream that loud :)

Honestly not all that surprised. We only had him because he had the "trouble" before. I have every confidence that Dan Duquette and Buck will figure something out.

How did that sound? Convincing? ;)

I really am not surprised they only offered him one year. It does not look good now but the pick and the money involved down the road we will look back and likely say they did the right thing not overpaying him. He cannot play the field. His bat is the only thing he has to offer and its a great bat last year. If Davis can regain his form, its no sweat. And we get back three all stars. They have to make sure they address the pitching staff first and foremost. I guess he thought we would offer him a multi year deal. But the Orioles realize he is not going to have years like this beyond next season most likely. Keeping Hardy was a very big deal. Machado and Wieters will make up for his bat.

The Sawx made a bit of offseason noise signing Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez. Still have to wonder about the shape of their pitching if they want to challenge the O's for the AL East crown. Every team seemingly needs pitching, but Boston may be shorter than most as far as dependable arms in their rotation...

The Sawx made a bit of offseason noise signing Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez. Still have to wonder about the shape of their pitching if they want to challenge the O's for the AL East crown. Every team seemingly needs pitching, but Boston may be shorter than most as far as dependable arms in their rotation...

CBS just posted "Yankees worst team in East". Sweet music

I hear it--I just have a hard time believing it, unless of course you're going to argue that "Father Time" will catch up with the Cards; just like it has for the Spurs and Patriots... :P;)

They have made alot of good moves and have some real good horses like Rizzo. New manager that knows how to win

The Cubs will win the Central. Hear that?

I hear what you are saying, however, do you really think that the Chicago Cubs can turn around a decade (more or less) of having losing seasons year after year and then become the team to "unseat" a team as formidable and consistent as the Saint Louis Cardinals? I will say that almost anything is possible in the game of Baseball but to make a bold claim like that seems to be unlikely or a very longshot at best.

You, of all people, know how I feel about the St.L Cardinals. I am in no way starting any arguments with you about the 2015 Baseball Season because it is still 2014 and the "reigning" champions are the San Francisco Giants.

I will say this even though it is way to premature, I do believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals will again make it way deep into the 2015 Post-Season and hopefully have a chance at a sort of revenge against the Giants.

With Me saying all that about the Saint Louis Cardinals, let Me also be the one to say Good Luck to your Baltimore Orioles and Good Luck to every Team in Major League Baseball.

I cannot wait till Opening Day!!!

I hear what you are saying, however, do you really think that the Chicago Cubs can turn around a decade (more or less) of having losing seasons year after year and then become the team to "unseat" a team as formidable and consistent as the Saint Louis Cardinals? I will say that almost anything is possible in the game of Baseball but to make a bold claim like that seems to be unlikely or a very longshot at best.

You, of all people, know how I feel about the St.L Cardinals. I am in no way starting any arguments with you about the 2015 Baseball Season because it is still 2014 and the "reigning" champions are the San Francisco Giants.

I will say this even though it is way to premature, I do believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals will again make it way deep into the 2015 Post-Season and hopefully have a chance at a sort of revenge against the Giants.

With Me saying all that about the Saint Louis Cardinals, let Me also be the one to say Good Luck to your Baltimore Orioles and Good Luck to every Team in Major League Baseball. S

I cannot wait till Opening Day!!!

The long suffering Cubs have a better team now than many people realize. I do not think they are even close to being finished making moves and they have a manager that is proven now. I like their chances big time. They have two former Orioles that Baltimore developed in Hammel and Arrieta that can be effective pitchers in the NL. To me St Louis is their only real competition in that division. The time has come for the Cubs

Those deals kind of suck, though...Boston won't be seeing much production out of either of those two pickups.

The Cubs will win the Central. Hear that?

The Cubs? Why? Just because they hired Joe Maddon? Here's the problem I have with that and the questions that should be running through anyone's mind who thinks Joe Maddon automatically makes the Cubs a contender. Does hiring Joe Maddon mean his baseball knowledge and managerial expertise will lift the lowly Cubs to his level? Or will the stench of inept, incompetent loserville status that has surrounded the Cubs for more than a century drag down Maddon to their level?

My bet is on the Billy Goat Bartman curse to continue. Besides, St. Louis ain't going anywhere...as long as they are in the NL Central, they will reign.

The Cubs? Why? Just because they hired Joe Maddon? Here's the problem I have with that and the questions that should be running through anyone's mind who thinks Joe Maddon automatically makes the Cubs a contender. Does hiring Joe Maddon mean his baseball knowledge and managerial expertise will lift the lowly Cubs to his level? Or will the stench of inept, incompetent loserville status that has surrounded the Cubs for more than a century drag down Maddon to their level?

My bet is on the Billy Goat Bartman curse to continue. Besides, St. Louis ain't going anywhere...as long as they are in the NL Central, they will reign.

I know you and I don't agree on much, however, I will agree with on this. They will reign and "Reign Supreme".

No and its very sad to see Nick go. I loved the guy. As for Strider and his negative comments on the Cubs, Madden's hiring had nothing to do with me picking them. They have been making good moves and have improved drastically if you had not noticed in the second half last year. Its a weak division and they will win it

It's official now:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11978465/seattle-mariners-sign-nelson-cruz-4-year-deal

I still have to wonder how Cruz's power numbers will be affected playing in the spacious ballpark in Seattle as compared to the bandbox in Baltimore?

The Orioles do not believe he can do it again is what I am guessing or they would have given him the keys to the city as he was demanding. he will help them. But not for 4 years. They over paid him. He cant play defense. If he goes into a slump it will be relentless second guessing. Baltimore is still loaded when you look at their lineup. I am more upset at losing Nick. I am really surprised Nick left. I really believed he was a loyal guy. I am wondering if Buck is going to sign anyone? Like Miller. He is the one I am really wondering about. Or is he gone already too? I cant keep up with baseball in the winter. Too much else going on

Archived