Rock Band with Violin 1980s

in_the_evening

I was telling someone the other day about this band my brother liked, it had to have been the ealry 1980s, like 1980-3. I believe the band was a 3 piece, they played rock, sort of like a metal fusion I guess, but made extensive use of the violin in the music. They sounded awesome.

It is driving me crazy that I can't remember their name....can anyone think of who I am talking about? I know if I hear the name, I will jump and say "that's it"!

Thanks for any help!

I guess he means UK, Strider, with Eddie Jobson on violins and keys.

I *KNEW* someone on here would know them! Thanks reswati! Boy that was driving me nuts that I couldn't remember their name....I kept thinking UFO, but no, they're totally different!

Not for everyone's taste, I am sure, but that's what's so great about music!

Thank you again reswati!

The original UK line up was AWESOME!!! John Wetton from King Crimson, Roxy Music and Uriah Heep on bass and vocals, Eddie Jobson from Curved Air, Roxy Music and Frank Zappa on keyboards and violin, Allan Holdsworth from Soft Machine and Gong on guitar and the great Bill Bruford from Yes, King Crimson and Genesis on drums. So much talent in one place!

Oooh, my ears. Good god, it is like bad Asia. Oh wait...that's redundant.

You may or may not know, one of the guys in Asia (The singer/I forget which instrument he plays) is in this band! I do like UK alright. I don't understand why people are obsessed with Asia though. Their first album is okay, some of it. After that they sucked hard. Just my opinion.

Archived