Songs That Have Grown On You

BlackDog71

I'm going to be pretty honest and say that I used to find 'Whole Lotta Love' pretty annoying, when I first really started paying attention to the music of Led Zeppelin from the age 16 (I discovered Zep when I was 12 years old, all thanks to my dad, but I somehow, started paying attention to them only 4 years later :blink: ) , but as I grew older, this song became more and more appealing! B)

Also, another song that took some time to grow on me, was 'Hats Off To (Roy) Harper'. I nearly jumped out of my skin (when I heard this song for the first time), when the first notes to this song just crept out of nowhere and pretty much, caught me unawares! :wacko: But now, having been introduced to the music of legendary slide guitar bluesmen such as 'Son House', 'Blind Willie Johnson' and Robert Johnson (to name a few!), 'Hats Off To (Roy) Harper', has become one of my favourite Led Zeppelin songs, of all time! :D 

I'm going to be pretty honest and say that I used to find 'Whole Lotta Love' pretty annoying, when I first really started paying attention to the music of Led Zeppelin from the age 16 (I discovered Zep when I was 12 years old, all thanks to my dad, but I somehow, started paying attention to them only 4 years later :blink: ) , but as I grew older, this song became more and more appealing! B)

Also, another song that took some time to grow on me, was 'Hats Off To (Roy) Harper'. I nearly jumped out of my skin (when I heard this song for the first time), when the first notes to this song just crept out of nowhere and pretty much, caught me unawares! :wacko: But now, having been introduced to the music of legendary slide guitar bluesmen such as 'Son House', 'Blind Willie Johnson' and Robert Johnson (to name a few!), 'Hats Off To (Roy) Harper', has become one of my favourite Led Zeppelin songs, of all time! :D 

That's what makes Zeppelin such an amazing band. There's songs in their catalog for pretty much anyone, and even huge fans of the band can disagree on certain songs. It doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan. 

Like me, personally....I think "Hats Off" is the worst song in their catalog. I have never liked it, and I probably never will. How that got onto Zep III instead of "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do" still confuses me to this day, But, they must have know it would appeal to a certain audience because they put it on the record for a reason. 

I also like that the song means something to you after discovering some classic slide and blues players. Cool story. 

That's what makes Zeppelin such an amazing band. There's songs in their catalog for pretty much anyone, and even huge fans of the band can disagree on certain songs. It doesn't make anyone more or less of a fan. 

Like me, personally....I think "Hats Off" is the worst song in their catalog. I have never liked it, and I probably never will. How that got onto Zep III instead of "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do" still confuses me to this day, But, they must have know it would appeal to a certain audience because they put it on the record for a reason. 

I also like that the song means something to you after discovering some classic slide and blues players. Cool story. 

Absolutely, BlackDog! I couldn't have put it better myself! There is indeed something for everyone in the Zeppelin catalog. Take my mom, for instance. She loves bands like the Bee Gees, ABBA and so on and loves genres like Disco, Country and Calypso music, but I never ever thought that I would see the day, when she specifically told me that she loved a couple of songs by Led Zeppelin, those being 'Hot Dog', 'D'yer Mak'er' and 'Fool In The Rain'! :D 

Another song that has really grown on me these past couple of years, is 'The Crunge'! It is just so funky!!! :bubble:

Archived