Physical graffiti Remastered

appiantiqua

• 2 weeks later...

The more I listen to Everybody Makes it Through (In the Light), the more I love it. The keyboard intro is so cool, like a haunting music box. Has the same effect as the music box on Phantom of the Opera and to me, makes the song really special. So glad it was released. And the drums on this version...Ahhhh! :D

With bonhams drums on, everybody makes it through, its like some jazz music where the space is just forever before a drum fill or its just an accent or something. The anticipation is like that now with this track for me, along with the whole song ofcourse, its just great.

In regards to the drums on the album, there are times im cranking the volume and expecting bonzos drums to be pounding like the old record, but there is more clarity here and everything sounds more equalized, that i am appreciating the dynamics more of the songs as a whole, even the mechanics of bonhams playing, without the pummeling effect so much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At this point i am thinking a version of kashmir on the companion disc, without any strings and brass, just the band...guitar, bass, drums and vocals, would have rounded out that companion disc better. The more raw and live studio sounding stuff is much preferred. I appreciate how they used an orchestra in such rough and beautiful way with the sound of this song. But with the studio sound of tuf and everybody makes it through..,i am wanting to hear a different version of kashmir...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Pre-order on Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Physical-Graffiti-Led-Zeppelin/dp/B00RUT3DTE/ref=sr_1_3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1420633677&sr=1-3

i found the tracklist of the companion disc just two hours ago on Amazon France and the link was since removed and doesn't work anymore ......

I suppose that Amazon have the informations but is not allowed to display this before official update : Wait and see for confirmation but
the tracklist could be true !

1. Brandy & Coke (Trampled Under Foot - Initial Rough Mix)
2. Sick Again (Early Version)
3. In My Time Of Dying (Initial Rough Mix)
4. Houses Of The Holy (Rough Mix With Overdubs)
5. Everybody Makes It Through (In The Light Early Version/In Transit)
6. Boogie With Stu (Sunset Sound Mix)
7. Driving Through Kashmir (Kashmir Rough Orchestra Mix)

91q8z0JtvsL._SL1500_.jpg

I was disappointed with physical graffiti, why put driving through Kashmir? What's the point? The companion disks are not very interesting. I completely understand the remastered version is kinda clearer but not that big of a difference from the other remastered versions. 

Archived