Jimmy dating again.

slave to zep

daily mail draggin up maddox, fuck sake, different times! i thnk they should get back on the prince andrew sex scandal, oh no, paris got in the way of that story

Glad to see someone on here is astute enough to have picked up on the terribly convenient diversion tactic... a ploy used time and time again by the Establishment.

Cheers,

Indi

I really hate the nasty manner in which the Daily Mail and other tabloids are treating JP. Just some really negative, pitiful collection of every nasty, bitter piece of gossip and comments that they could find and spinning it into a story worthy of just being burned than read. The Daily Mail is even trying to justify Robbie Williams plans for his place and down playing the impact it could have on the Tower House.

Yes and they are getting worse ! This rubbish about slamming him for dating a woman that is well past the age of consent is just down right vengeful !!!!!!

I'm just going to put this out here

The remaster of Physical Graffiti is due out in a few weeks, and yet I am not aware of the level of promotion by Jimmy that went along with the prior releases, or his book.

And the schedule to do said promotion has got to be pretty grueling.

Combine that with an aspiring actor/poet and their desire to achieve some degree of notoriety, and it seems to be a win for both parties.

There certainly is a lot of free press, and while not specifically related to the remaster, it keeps JP's presence front and center.

After all, business is business. :-)

Mack ,

No matter what hyperbolic nonsense anyone ever, ever said about Jimmy and Satanism , to collude with the Daily Mail would absolutely be supping with the Devil . To look at this latest piece, it's inconceivable that he would invite that.

Of course it was Jimmy and not the Daily Mail who first hinted at their relationship, and named her, on his website. If that decision has come home to roost, let's hope today we've seen the end of it and the Mail will leave him alone.

As for publicity, he's shown that he has plenty of stamina for that. If he wanted to boost it by making a splash with some parallel publicity, well I'm sure he has the opportunity for that, and for it to be more focused on his music. If he would take it.

Yes it sucks but the articles are pointing out a pattern. There would be no such articles if JP was pulling a George Clooney and dating a super hot, super accomplished woman within a few decades of his own age. But he's repeating the pattern he's had his entire life. His breakups with Charlotte, Patricia & Jimena all occured when they reached their 30s. Mid 30s seems to be the cut off for Mr. Page. So this new one has a good 10 years before she's turned out.

Mack ,

No matter what hyperbolic nonsense anyone ever, ever said about Jimmy and Satanism , to collude with the Daily Mail would absolutely be supping with the Devil . To look at this latest piece, it's inconceivable that he would invite that.

Of course it was Jimmy and not the Daily Mail who first hinted at their relationship, and named her, on his website. If that decision has come home to roost, let's hope today we've seen the end of it and the Mail will leave him alone.

As for publicity, he's shown that he has plenty of stamina for that. If he wanted to boost it by making a splash with some parallel publicity, well I'm sure he has the opportunity for that, and for it to be more focused on his music. If he would take it.

I never implied that this was an alliance between JP and the Mail.

More like him using the tabloids, which would certainly be fitting.

Turn about is fair play.

Yes it sucks but the articles are pointing out a pattern. There would be no such articles if JP was pulling a George Clooney and dating a super hot, super accomplished woman within a few decades of his own age. But he's repeating the pattern he's had his entire life. His breakups with Charlotte, Patricia & Jimena all occured when they reached their 30s. Mid 30s seems to be the cut off for Mr. Page. So this new one has a good 10 years before she's turned out.

The above assumes that he always did the dumping. I don't know who called it quits in any of his long-term relationships and neither do the tabloids.

Exactly.

Also, speaking of the negative tabloids, I find Janine Safer's past comments about Jimmy to be beyond negative. If she had that much of an issue regarding him, why did she stay on at Swan Song?

The answer to your question may lay in a comment Safer made in Barney Hoskyn's book. She mentioned that when men learn she used to work for Led Zeppelin the first thing they ask her is if she fucked Jimmy Page (her words; not mine). She said it never even came up. Safer was a young woman working in a very macho industry. She may have decided that as badly as Page behaved around her at least he wasn't sexually harassing her.

Much of the speculation/commentary above is ridiculous. Women of all ages are attracted to Page like flies to honey -- and deservedly so!! He has the right to date whomever he likes!!

All ages may be attracted to him but he one can see he has a preference for des femmes d’un certain âge.

Relax, nobody is trying to take away his "right to date whomever he likes." People are gossping as humans are wont to do, have the right to do, and do all over this forum. If things gets too close to the bone as sometimes happens when the topic is S E X, the thread will be deleted until another similar thread pops up. FFS, it is a LED ZEPPELIN forum. Sex is in the mix. Always.

The answer to your question may lay in a comment Safer made in Barney Hoskyn's book. She mentioned that when men learn she used to work for Led Zeppelin the first thing they ask her is if she fucked Jimmy Page (her words; not mine). She said it never even came up. Safer was a young woman working in a very macho industry. She may have decided that as badly as Page behaved around her at least he wasn't sexually harassing her.

She was also working for five other men (JB, JPJ, RP, Peter Grant, and Danny Goldberg) so one bad apple may not lead to leaving an employer. She seemed to have a great esteem for JPJ. From other accounts, she, Neal Preston, and Goldberg formed a strong bond. She also speaks about the unforgettable experience of seeing LZ live and what a privilege it was regardless of the other challenges of working for the world's biggest rock band when she was 19.

Exactly.

Also, speaking of the negative tabloids, I find Janine Safer's past comments about Jimmy to be beyond negative. If she had that much of an issue regarding him, why did she stay on at Swan Song?

Jimmy sued and won his case against the tabloids shortly after Bonham's death. Maybe its time for him to sue them again.

In the end, she didn't: "The band were very unhappy when I left Swan Song. When I said I was leaving, it was incomprehensible to them. It was like the Mafia. I wanted to go to work for Rockpile and Elvis Costello and Stiff Records, because that was cool. "

"Jimmy made Janine's life miserable. He was out of control, insane" - Sam Aizer.

Archived