Jimmy Page Vs Robbie Williams

apantherfrommd

Looks like he's not just annoying Jimmy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4506444/Robbie-Williams-s-neighbours-anger-shed-stilts.html

Robbie Williams has sparked a fresh row with neighbours over plans for a summerhouse in the garden of his £17.5million mansion.

The former Take That singer - who already has a pool, gym and cinema room at his west London home - unveiled the plans for the huge shed on stilts earlier this year.

The 43-year-old says the stilts are needed to protect tree roots and the 28ft by 16ft structure will provide a place for his children Teddy, four, and Charlton, two, to play.

MailOnline can reveal local residents are furious the modern-looking summerhouse could cut out light to their gardens and spoil the surroundings - but neighbour Jimmy Page, who has previously clashed with Williams over planning, isn't one of them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4506444/Robbie-Williams-s-neighbours-anger-shed-stilts.html#ixzz4hGTlZFFj 

• 1 month later...

Sounds like Williams has had a threat of legal action and his lawyers have told him that seeing as he actually did say that stuff, Jimmy's got him bang to rights, so grovel and retract.
Either that or Choronzon's had a word... ;) 

7 hours ago, Brigante said:

Sounds like Williams has had a threat of legal action and his lawyers have told him that seeing as he actually did say that stuff, Jimmy's got him bang to rights, so grovel and retract.
Either that or Choronzon's had a word... ;) 

You bet, the UK has far stricter label and slander laws than the US, hence Williams apology. If Williams would have made that comment to US press, or made its way into US press I doubt Williams would have apologized.

This whole row between them never should have happened and I blame this whole thing on the local P&Z who it seems were paid off by Williams in order for Williams projects to be approved. The reason I say this is because this is a historical neighborhood of which in the past, no such improvements or modifications were ever approved due to the possibility of damage to surrounding homes (from my research that is). One of the reasons people buy historic homes is because they know the surrounding homes will remain as is to ensure the historic nature of the area. For the local P&Z to approve Williams projects runs counter to the very reason historic homes and neighborhoods are designated. 

If the shoe were on the other foot my opinion would be the same, I have nothing against Williams personally and if it were Jimmy trying to pull this on Williams or the prior owner, Winner, I would be against Page's proposal.

What I just fail to grasp is why anyone would move into a historic home in a historic neighborhood and then wish to make such drastic changes and improvements which would run counter to the homes design and neighborhood history and charm. 

What I just fail to grasp is why anyone would move into a historic home in a historic neighborhood and then wish to make such drastic changes and improvements which would run counter to the homes design and neighborhood history and charm.

Because that person has no class or character?

On 28/06/2017 at 5:54 PM, 76229 said:

........... or taste, or talent, or brains. contd p94

I don't know...I'll just say that I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy set up a state of the art recording studio in HIS historic mansion.. I wouldn't think it would be anybody's business in the neighborhood either. But then again Jimmy would do it with respect to the historical relevence of the home and surroundings. 

On 6/28/2017 at 0:54 PM, 76229 said:

The dangerous mix in that is money. Not unlike our mentally retarded and 100% flawed US President Donald "pussy grabber" Trump.  Morons with money are the most dangerous animals on earth. 

5 hours ago, Silverseas said:

Morons with money

That's Robbie Williams in a nutshell. Ipman's right, though - Williams couldn't have done any of it if the council hadn't been 'flexible' with the planning legislation...

Edited by Brigante

42 minutes ago, Boleskinner said:

Chase, that is your funniest joke ever!

Right... I try to stay optimistic and not insult my favorite studio guitarist / producer in every other post. 

I think he should have put in a home studio years ago.. after he sold Sol Studios. Anyone can have a professional sounding recording studio in their home these days for a reasonable price. 

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

He's an absolute wanker. I cannot stand the guy 

I have to turn the telly off whenever I see him on it, his face makes steam come out of my ears.

I was describing how I felt about him to someone once & came up with the phrase, 'The Musical Antichrist', which I think fits him perfectly.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

I have to turn the telly off whenever I see him on it, his face makes steam come out of my ears.

There actually are faces that make you just want to punch them - and Williams has one!
It may not be big, it may not be clever, but by Christ it'd be well-deserved...    

1 hour ago, Brigante said:

There actually are faces that make you just want to punch them - and Williams has one!
It may not be big, it may not be clever, but by Christ it'd be well-deserved...    

Yep. Prince Edward is another one

10 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Yep. Prince Edward is another one

Prince Philip, another smug sonofabitch. I would add Theresa May bit one should never strike a woman...ever. That being said May comes across as wanting to be the next Maggie Thatch, however, unlike the Ice Queen Thatch, May is lacking the giant balls and dick old Thatch had.