Page/Plant '88

Paul

Does anyone know where I can get a recording of Page/Plant at the Hammersmith Odeon April 17, 1988, on CD?

As far as I know this has only been available on a vinyl bootleg called After the Crash. This was one of their earliest stage appearances together after Led Zeppelin, and they played Trampled Under Foot, a medley called Gamblers Blues, and Rock and Roll.

Does anyone know where I can get a recording of Page/Plant at the Hammersmith Odeon April 17, 1988, on CD?

As far as I know this has only been available on a vinyl bootleg called After the Crash. This was one of their earliest stage appearances together after Led Zeppelin, and they played Trampled Under Foot, a medley called Gamblers Blues, and Rock and Roll.

To answer your question, I do not know where you can get or find this recording on CD. Sorry! But I must say that I have the vinyl bootleg of this gig. My record is called, "A Zen Master and His Page" and it does include the "Gamblers Blues" medley and the other two as these were encores of Robert Plant that Jimmy Page played with Robert and his band. To tell you the truth, I am looking at my bootleg album right now, but I have not heard or played this album in over 20 years because I have not had a record player in that same time span of over 20 years.

I know that this does not help you in terms of hearing this, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one who is curious about this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a correction actually Page actually got up and played some covers with Plant and his band late in Dec' 83, but I can't remember

The exact date. At this time Plant was ABSOLUTELY not doing any Zep songs in his set.

He and Robert reportedly jammed with Foreigner on 'Lucille' in Munich on May 12, 1982. Photos confirm Page joined them but I've yet to see any with Robert. I do know they spent time together in Munich, having agreed to go there as a break from their solo work.

You're thinking of when Jimmy joined Robert for 'Treat Her Right' as an encore at the Hammersmith Apollo on December 13, 1983. Jason Bonham was also in attendance (but did not appear onstage).

Archived