Old Newbie

Daksy

Morning. Just found this forum & I'm glad to be here. 62.5 year old LZ fan from New York. Been a fan since the first album &, in fact, my first ever cassette tape was LZII. Got to see them live in Offenburg Germany, 24 Mar 73, when I was US Army stationed in West Germany.

Setlist that night was: Rock & Roll, Over the Hills & Far Away, Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've Been Loving You, Dancing Days, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, The Song Remains the Same, Rain Song, Dazed & Confused (including San Francisco), Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love (medley, including Everybody Needs Someone to Love, Turn on Your Love Light, Let that Boy Boogie (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care, Let's Have a Party, I Can't Quit You Baby, & Heartbreaker. 4 of us paid a GI bud with a car to drive us 116 miles from Cambrai-Fritsche Kaserne in Darmstadt, but we hadda hitchhike part way back, We got ticketed & an on-the-spot fine of 50pf each by the Polezei for hitching on the Autobahn...They made us stand on the entrance ramp... Woman driving a Fiat (something or other) picked us up & drove at 200kmh (124mph!) up the Autobahn. First time I ever wore a seat belt in a car. She dropped us at Karlsruhe, where we caught a train back to Darmstadt.

Great memories from a SUPER band, The Almighty & Powerful, Led Zeppelin.

BTW, the Avatar is from back then when I was a tad younger...

Morning. Just found this forum & I'm glad to be here. 62.5 year old LZ fan from New York. Been a fan since the first album &, in fact, my first ever cassette tape was LZII. Got to see them live in Offenburg Germany, 24 Mar 73, when I was US Army stationed in West Germany.

Setlist that night was: Rock & Roll, Over the Hills & Far Away, Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've Been Loving You, Dancing Days, Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, The Song Remains the Same, Rain Song, Dazed & Confused (including San Francisco), Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love (medley, including Everybody Needs Someone to Love, Turn on Your Love Light, Let that Boy Boogie (You're So Square) Baby I Don't Care, Let's Have a Party, I Can't Quit You Baby, & Heartbreaker. 4 of us paid a GI bud with a car to drive us 116 miles from Cambrai-Fritsche Kaserne in Darmstadt, but we hadda hitchhike part way back, We got ticketed & an on-the-spot fine of 50pf each by the Polezei for hitching on the Autobahn...They made us stand on the entrance ramp... Woman driving a Fiat (something or other) picked us up & drove at 200kmh (124mph!) up the Autobahn. First time I ever wore a seat belt in a car. She dropped us at Karlsruhe, where we caught a train back to Darmstadt.

Great memories from a SUPER band, The Almighty & Powerful, Led Zeppelin.

BTW, the Avatar is from back then when I was a tad younger...

Nice! you got to see Led Zeppelin during one of their best concerts.

You know you can relive this show and hear it in very very good audio quality.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived