Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Pagemeister

Eagles

59 posts in this topic

On February 21, 2016 at 7:38 PM, IpMan said:

Don Felder himself sent condolences and wanted to be part of the tribute to Frey, it was Henley who never replied to Felder's offer. That's Don for ya, ever the class act.

Well  the biggest fighting if you will was between Frey and Felder.   Henley said in response to Felder wanting more vocals, "its like me playing lead guitar on Hotel California".  How can you argue with that statement?  You can't.  Henley is a great great artist.  Timothy B Schmidt is a great artist and he never "rocked the boat" nor did Joe Walsh who is also a great artist but he came right out and said "I could never write songs like Don and Glenn".  I think "Get over It" from Hell Freezes Over was likely partly directed at Felder?  Maybe not?  But make no mistake about it, Henley and Frey were the Eagles for the most part.  The masterminds behind the success.  

Felder didn't want to come back to the Eagles as a hired musician, which is what was offered to him.  He thought the band should split everything as 1/5, they way they did when he entered the band.  Frey and Henley countered with "we kept the Eagles name going with our solo careers" and said they should get the lion's share.  Felder disagreed and wouldn't take the deal and was eventually kicked out/left the band.

I have always loved the Eagles.  They are staple in my catalog of music and I am so fortunate to have seen them once again, just months before Glenn died.  They were nothing short of fabulous.  

This was an incredibly tight band and one of my favorite groups.  That being said the way they handled Don Felder was crap.  He didnt always get along with the 2 headed monster and had a legitimate gripe about the business side and the money.  Before Felder came in the clock was ticking on the Eagles. .Ive read his book and seen interviews and he seems like a class guy. . He was a part of the classic line up and a huge part of their sound. He deserved better and ultimately got his due in court. That always bugged me about these guys that they always had to be the kids with the most toys. . Now with Glen gone one original member (Don) theyre no better than Foreigner or Boston or Deep Purple. . Don's sitting on a pile of money. . Its over let go and dont water down the legacy of the greatest American group of all time. . 

4 hours ago, Bozoso73 said:

This was an incredibly tight band and one of my favorite groups.  That being said the way they handled Don Felder was crap.  He didnt always get along with the 2 headed monster and had a legitimate gripe about the business side and the money.  Before Felder came in the clock was ticking on the Eagles. .Ive read his book and seen interviews and he seems like a class guy. . He was a part of the classic line up and a huge part of their sound. He deserved better and ultimately got his due in court. That always bugged me about these guys that they always had to be the kids with the most toys. . Now with Glen gone one original member (Don) theyre no better than Foreigner or Boston or Deep Purple. . Don's sitting on a pile of money. . Its over let go and dont water down the legacy of the greatest American group of all time. . 

Completely agree with all of your points made.  Let it go Don.  No Don Felder, no Randy Meissner, no Glenn Frey, no Eagles.  End of story.