Feb 3 Jimmy Page Promises 'Quite Different' Direction With New Music

Megalodon

Jimmy really will surprise us all, and different he shall be !!! The project is taking so long because Jimmy will no longer be playing

guitar.......He never could be satisfied with his post-Zep drummers.....So Jimmy will be on drums !!!!!

^^^ Genius!!!!

I like to think positively and give Mr. Page the benefit of the doubt. Maybe in the past when he announced the probability of new music and a tour he was indeed being honest, however health issues may have been the problem. We are all aware of Jimmy's back problems, at least three occasions where he has broken fingers on his fretting hand which over time will usually result in arthritis to one degree or another. This could be the first time since the 2007 reunion that he is physically able to undertake a real tour, thus the long wait. Maybe the reunion waited until 2007 because of undisclosed health issues of Jimmy? Jimmy can be very private and unlike a Kardashian does not feel the need to tweet whenever he is taking a shit, much less suffering from a malady.

Jimmy I believe is very concerned about his legacy and wants to make damn sure that if he puts out new music he can tour and perform it. He is after all Jimmy Page, not Donald Fagan.

Finally,someone gets it right who other than thedark lord ,he replys with a 100% accurate post and everyone slams him ,keep up the good work Dark Lord your darn tootin dead on we all would have gotten " something quite different" . here's a cool joke , If Page makes good on this new material, do we have to wait 10 yrs for the companion disc. Hee-hee Ha-ha!

Finally,someone gets it right who other than thedark lord ,he replys with a 100% accurate post and everyone slams him ,keep up the good work Dark Lord your darn tootin dead on we all would have gotten " something quite different" . here's a cool joke , If Page makes good on this new material, do we have to wait 10 yrs for the companion disc. Hee-hee Ha-ha!

Thanks kind sir, but I suppose that since Jimmy is such a private person and doesn't like to tweet, we need to be cognizant of the possibility that he was abducted by aliens years ago, and the person we know is an imposter. :peace:

I tend to agree with the Lord of Darkness. I just shake my head every time I read about Jimmy's market-ready projects for some

future date. Oh Jimmy! Here we go again....

If and when he releases his "Moby - the DJ" like Project - we can all laugh in celebration. Who cares whether we are doubters or

supporters of Jimmy, when that day comes - we will all be winners.

And Lo! It came to pass that upon occasion one contributor should disagree with another in the deep tomes of lore that were the Led Zeppelin (official) Forum. And there was much gnashing of teeth, and wringing of hands, and the tears of rage and frustration that flowed were plentiful and saltier than the very oceans themselves. And even the veracity of the word of the Lord Jimmy was taken into question, which caused much vexation and wailing. Yet Jimmy still did not take up his holy guitar, but said 'Oh ye of little faith - I shall play upon the stage and manifest new music upon the masses.... this time next year. Be thankful'. And the prophet Del Boy did agree with him and added 'this time next year we'll be millionaires'. And there was much rejoicing.

:goodpost:

Ha ha well said woz70

He has not talked up a solo project to this degree in years. Yes, I know he has talked em up before... Not like this. I'm not holding my breath but, I am feeling confident he means it... Something is up. Jimmy Page, I think was half holding out waiting for something to happen with you know who.. He has finally accepted it's not going to happen. The re-re-masters are almost all out and then ... Solo album time.. Again, not holding my breath but, I hope it happens and it is Page at his most experimental.... I also agree with the "fool me once" rule. But, he's never really fooled me.

WHO knows .. I think the intention is there but other things get in the way.

But the quote which started this thread is just another brief quote : a necessary answer to a question at a press event. After all he said in the autumn he's committed to keeping the idea running. And looking at what he said in the autumn, that also began with a casual suggestion at a press event, but in the slew of interviews which followed, his comments became more embellished, perhaps under pressure from interviewers. We may see that this time, as he's obviously embarking on many more interviews. It must become impossible as enthusiastic questions and follow-ups are asked, to say " well let's not get carried away here ..".

I've heard of two one-off projects he might have been involved in, coinciding with the last and with the present publicity campaign, each of which didn't come to pass, presumably because his publicity was put first. If he does have a concrete plan, the point will come where THAT takes precedence.

Meanwhile he's seemingly embarked on a new relationship. Let's hope that in spite of having an apparently serious girlfriend, he'll still call his guitar, as he has many times, "my wife and my mistress" .

If "Zeppelin time" was not long enough "Jimmy time" seems to go even further than that. I am sure next year we will hear the exact same statement, maybe it is a stock response when asked by a journalist if he has any solo plans.

No need to jump to conclusions. It's only been 17 years of promises. ;)

I think the quite different " new direction" is a album which nobody can find on sale anywhere ever..

17 years of the triumph of hope over exprience...... :yesnod:

Mind, he didn't say WHICH year... :zzz:

That is true!

I'm pretty sure he's been playing as of late over the last several months, but not in public. So that's good! I know he did at Berkeley College in Boston with some of the students. Probably, just some jamming!

You never know...Page could be serious and actually have a plan together. The problem isn't him -- it's all this media BS that takes pieces of what he said, hyping up a Zep Reunion, following him around with cameras, etc, and making the five hundred thousandth "newest" Rolling Stone article.

What we're seeing is the effects of overexposure. Be it interviews, news articles, or random videos. It's promising, and a little bit too much. Personally, I keep to dabbling in historical LZ stuff because it's a guaranteed enjoyment. The future? That's a mystery.

You never know...Page could be serious and actually have a plan together. The problem isn't him -- it's all this media BS that takes pieces of what he said, hyping up a Zep Reunion, following him around with cameras, etc, and making the five hundred thousandth "newest" Rolling Stone article.

What we're seeing is the effects of overexposure. Be it interviews, news articles, or random videos. It's promising, and a little bit too much. Personally, I keep to dabbling in historical LZ stuff because it's a guaranteed enjoyment. The future? That's a mystery.

All he had to do was say 'I've got no firm plans for any solo stuff at the moment. Let's get this Led Zep promo stuff out of the way first and then maybe I'll see how I feel about it'.

Simples.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been piecing together some strands of possible evidence which may inform Jimmy's next musical direction.

Jimmy confirms, in numerous past interviews, his appreciation for Soundgarden's music - check.

Jimmy seen backstage at several Soundgarden shows, including last summer's Hyde Park gig with Sabbath - check.

Jimmy interviewed recently by Chris Cornell - check.

Ross Halfin currently on tour with Soundgarden, photographing the Australian and New Zealand legs - check.

Jimmy on the final leg of the reissues and, post book launch and previous campaigns, keen to enter the next stage - check.

Jimmy has a young girlfriend, an arty type. Motivation to run over a new leaf and rekindle some of the adulation from peers and fans by throwing out some new tunes, letting her see what the fuss is about - check.

All of this information leads me to believe that Page will accompany Soundgarden on some select date and, true to form, will indeed take on new sounds. Thayll and Cornell provide sufficient guitar firepower upfront.....so Jimmy will cameo on the spoons during the midsection of their Spoonman track. I have it on good authority that Jimmy was bashing out some pretty epic spoon rhythms whilst in Nandos with his latest squeeze.

Sounds garden, Page, Spoons. I'm sallivating at the prospect.

If this doesn't come to fruition then I, for one, will be distraught. The time is right for him to awaken from his creative slumber. A few gigs with them and, who knows, a world of spoon-related session work could follow, bringing the great man back full circle.

Eat that Robbie Williams!!

Hmmmmm I don't know it sure has been a long hiatus from solo work for Jimmy.... I remain skeptical while hoping I am wrong and something is just around the corner....

Ps rap and Gaga would not have been my thing when I was 15 I am 52 now I was listening to PG and Presence when I was in high school... I don't own rap but some earlier stuff was listenable but not what is out there now... Don't think I could relate at any age to Jay z or Gaga....

Archived