Feb 3 Jimmy Page Promises 'Quite Different' Direction With New Music

Megalodon

Jeff deals in technique, but Jimmy has always dealt in emotion. I imagine it's very difficult to conjure emotive qualities in one's playing when one's heart isn't in it.

exactly, JP's guitar feel is incomparable but he also had a group with feel, anything below that wont work, outrider is predictable, C&P is better but dated. he might as well just say he aint up to much rather than taking so long to bring out music, all a bit GN

I have seen Beck 6 times, although only starting in 83' with the ARMS shows. Some of the comments from the poster's, you must

be talking about Beck in the Yardbirds and on into the 70's. He did in fact have a very shaky reputation live either playing brilliantly

or trying out new ideas in songs on the spot, completely angering audiences.

However out of the 6 shows I saw, 4 were near brilliant and the others maybe mediocre. I am absolutely baffled by anyone who says

Beck plays with no feel. He has extensive technique, but it would be blasphemy to put him in with the metal shredders. If you go by

his studio output, there is definetly some over technical stuff, absolutely. I mean I guess some people think EVH plays with no feel,

either. Page has even lauded Beck's talents, but also pointing out Beck's earlier problems with on-stage self destruction.

And for a truly retired guitarist, Page keeps showing up in a lot of magazines. To sell the next three "nothing's" ?? Their not going to

sell anyway, and Page knows that.

I love the work of Jimmy Page but I've been hearing this kind of stuff out of him for years! I'm not getting my hopes up again and then be disappointed. But if anything does come out then I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Anyone find it odd that JP's "On this day" website feature has been non-functional these last few days AND that we're approaching the equinox?

Maybe he's on vacation? Also, I think you meant to write the Summer Solstice. June 21 is the longest day of the year. Beginning on June 22 the days will begin to grow shorter until we reach the Winter Solstice on December 21; the shortest day of the year. The spring and vernal equinox (March 20 and September 22 respectively) are when the daylight hours and nighttime hours are exactly the same.

Maybe he's on vacation? Also, I think you meant to write the Summer Solstice. June 21 is the longest day of the year. Beginning on June 22 the days will begin to grow shorter until we reach the Winter Solstice on December 21; the shortest day of the year. The spring and vernal equinox (March 20 and September 22 respectively) are when the daylight hours and nighttime hours are exactly the same.

You're absolutely right. I don't know how I could have used the wrong word. Anyway, solstice is now behind us and nothing new.

However, the JP store is down for maintenance. Any meaning behind that?

why all this fascination with solstices? everyone seems to get their hopes up twice a year, why? no Zep stuff was ever released on these dates

Aye it's all bollox. I've got a mate who has been trying to get me to "Do Henge" for years now I'm to polite to tell him I'm not in the least bit interested, couldn't be done with all those freaks and weirdos.

...it's very difficult to conjure emotive qualities in one's playing when one's heart isn't in it.

100%

hours of new music in the can is a waste when the delivery smells like obligation and servitude. ProTools can't fix that.

Jimmy seems to be reiterating the point about new music more often (not sure whether or not it's prompted by direct questions), so I just want to say that whatever new musical ventures he puts out I support 100% and would love to hear it (except if he works with Ditty again/jk - well sort of, but not really... :) )

• 2 months later...

Mmmm...., maybe people see too much into this (or maybe not....), but on FaceBook someone posted a picture of some guitar straps that JImmy supposedly recently purchased.... Somehow there is a small spark of hope in me, that JImmy would actually pick up a guitar again (even if I know all to well that's not very realistic.......)

Mmmm...., maybe people see too much into this (or maybe not....), but on FaceBook someone posted a picture of some guitar straps that JImmy supposedly recently purchased.... Somehow there is a small spark of hope in me, that JImmy would actually pick up a guitar again (even if I know all to well that's not very realistic.......)

He also sent one of his acoustic guitars to the US for some repair jobs on it. I saw a bit of hope in that, too. Maybe, just maybe, he's getting his guitars up in order and some new straps ready for playing again..... fingerscrossed.gif

This just in!!!

Jimmy is writing and recording new music with Bjork & Yoko Ono...Kanye is also slated to contribute as well.

Joking, I hope.

I'll believe it when I see it.  Having said this...Bjork is talented and her otherworldly persona might be a good fit with Page's elusiveness.  A collaboration between them could be interesting.  

I'll believe it when I see it.  Having said this...Bjork is talented and her otherworldly persona might be a good fit with Page's elusiveness.  A collaboration between them could be interesting.  

Actually as weird as it might sound, I believe you are right. Bjork is very interesting and talented, her and Jimmy could make quite the duo, though I would definitely draw the line at Yoko & Kanye.

I would much rather have him start releasing the live soundboard stuff he has. I'll take like "75 San Diego, Long Beach or "77 LA Forum. 

My guess is that if Page hasn't released live soundboards by now, he probably never will.  Also, wouldn't John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and John Bonham's estate have to sign off on any soundboard releases?
Page may not be the only holdout.  

• 1 month later...

I've signed up for the pessimists club as well. Been hearing about new music at least once or twice a year for a long time. I believe he intends to create new music, I just wonder why a completed project has not been released. Still hoping but I won't be holding my breath.

Archived