Feb 3 Jimmy Page Promises 'Quite Different' Direction With New Music

Megalodon

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/11/2016 at 4:56 PM, woz70 said:

If you mean the "I'm free in 2014" comment, then you didn't watch the comment in the context of the interview.  Plant was clearly taking the piss, and put it out there as a "please don't ask me about a reunion - ever" jibe.  I'm beginning to think you just have to be British to get his sense of humour - he was being deeply sarcastic.

Imho I reckon Bob would have been up for it if page had provided him with some genuinely original material, something new. Something worthy. We know plant doesn't mind singing the zeppelin songs most of his act is doing just that. I think the ball has been in pages court to produce the goods . It's clear A never ending tour repeating the classics is out of the question. Plant has said that it has to be fresh a new for him to engage.  In some ways I think it's pages only chance to get back out there and do it justice. But the bar is incredibly high now. Having said that I though embryo 1 and 2 had some bloody potential. 

3 hours ago, JAP said:

Imho I reckon Bob would have been up for it if page had provided him with some genuinely original material, something new. Something worthy. We know plant doesn't mind singing the zeppelin songs most of his act is doing just that. I think the ball has been in pages court to produce the goods . It's clear A never ending tour repeating the classics is out of the question. Plant has said that it has to be fresh a new for him to engage.  In some ways I think it's pages only chance to get back out there and do it justice. But the bar is incredibly high now. Having said that I though embryo 1 and 2 had some bloody potential. 

Mate, it was a throwaway comment from Plant. The whole interview he had been batting away her questions about Zep with his trademark British wit. 

Don't read anything into this at all. The media desperately jumped all over it for a headline.

"Zep" had new material after the O2, but Plant wasn't interested.

For better or worse, he's incredibly selfish, a bit like Neil Young, who goes back to CSN and Crazy Horse, when he feels like it.

In Plant's case, he has gone back to Zep when his solo career had been in the stinker.

Too bad the general public as opposed to us "forumers" don't see what Jimmy has turned himself into. Perhaps he has

some ailment, but still he has in many fervent fans' perception really cheapened himself. He has to rehabilitate his image

as a new year's resolution. Ha Ha. As the one poster before mentioned who spoke to Page, originally wanted inquiries

about future projects/ current playing status(2012)Ha Ha,, Jimmy does have occult powers. That power is to somehow

never get anyone to seriously question Jimmy about the coming projects, tours, etc. Has anyone at all, even politely,

ever said, "Jimmy , you're one of the greatest rock guitarists ever, why haven't you played in so long?" Of course, the 

endless remasters, blah, blah. Still, I think many fans who may have met him probably didn't feel like taking him to task,

which should be done. But those occult powers.......Big joke.

I have little doubt "the vaults" - while may be low on unreleased studio stuff now (stuff worthy of actual release), are CHOCK FULL of live stuff. Some of which could easily be released (release quality equal to or better than some of the live stuff out on BBC disks, LZ1 companion).

So 2017 has JP facing a fork in the road - actually get on with a project for playing - or - another excuse not to and a live release program that "takes all his time and energy" - either way, to be honest, I win so I don't really care. JP Live again - great! Official live releases from various periods, great!

I really hope it is one or the other.

On 9/26/2016 at 2:54 AM, SteveAJones said:

Fairly certain he will perform in Tokyo on 11/11. What, with whom and for how long remains to be seen.

Hi SAJ:)

Your info says your in "TOKYO" and from what I gather JP played there 11/11. . Did you get to go to the show? For what reason did he perform? If he did play, how was the press after the show?

THX

1 hour ago, Bozoso73 said:

Your info says your in "TOKYO" and from what I gather JP played there 11/11. . Did you get to go to the show? For what reason did he perform? If he did play, how was the press after the show?

THX

Page didn't play.
I suggest you read this thread, where everything that didn't happen is covered in great detail:

THX

Wow, you were late to the party! ?

2 hours ago, rm2551 said:

I have little doubt "the vaults" - while may be low on unreleased studio stuff now (stuff worthy of actual release), are CHOCK FULL of live stuff. Some of which could easily be released (release quality equal to or better than some of the live stuff out on BBC disks, LZ1 companion).

So 2017 has JP facing a fork in the road - actually get on with a project for playing - or - another excuse not to and a live release program that "takes all his time and energy" - either way, to be honest, I win so I don't really care. JP Live again - great! Official live releases from various periods, great!

I really hope it is one or the other.

Ribs, sausages and mash potatoes, or whatever it's called was proof that there's still stuff in the archives nobody has a scooby-doo about.

So live stuff we've never heard on soundboard before is possible. The probability of it being released by Page is a whole other kettle of sushi though.

With the live stuff, the hard yards have been done as the Caveman transferred everything that was gathering dust in boxes onto a hard disk.

For me, new old stuff would be great.

The whole live resurrection. Let's not go there...

The reason I insist on other stuff, even very good stuff being out there, is that Jimmy was a master guitar orchestrator,

and there is no other surefire way to test if those interlocking parts work other than recording them , playing them back,

then mixing them, etc. Yes, yes, the tales of tape reels barely pulled out of garbage bins minutes before the tapes would

be thrown out. I really think what happend with the companions is that Jimmy is healthy, but slowing down, and there

was probably so MUCH stuff he got option anxiety. Page just left the alt versions with different parts, overdubs, for

anyone to take in the studio, or threw the tapes away ?? BS, BS, BS , even a junked out Page wouldn't do that. Yes, Jimmy did leave that box of live and studio stuff in plain sight in his house. I also would love more official live stuff, but higher

fidelity won't magically turn a good show into a great one.

54 minutes ago, Mithril46 said:

I also would love more official live stuff, but higher

fidelity won't magically turn a good show into a great one.

True that. There is however the mixing magic that can and does turn good into great (amalgamating best bits from various nights, that sort of stuff) Not like it hasn't been done before. ;)

2 hours ago, SymphonyX said:

Since Fake News is such a hot topic now a days I think it's appropriate and candidly speaking everything in this thread is fake news?

I suspect there might be a tiny amount of speculation mixed in too. 

Think we all are hoping for more stuff. Not sure we will get it for a few Months (at least). Because of the recent BBC release. Maybe on a anniversary. I would like extra live stuff. I am going back right now with plenty of things that i have not heard. But you cannot beat physical copies. That will never change with me.

2 hours ago, craigled said:

Think we all are hoping for more stuff. Not sure we will get it for a few Months (at least). Because of the recent BBC release. Maybe on a anniversary. I would like extra live stuff. I am going back right now with plenty of things that i have not heard. But you cannot beat physical copies. That will never change with me.

Yeah I'm hoping. I'd like some of the later songs live on official release. 

Also this thread runs on phantom power. This is an electrical jargon stating a electrical device doesn't need to be actually

plugged into a outlet etc. for power. It can be plugged into another electrical device for power. A microphone for example.

So this thread is a parasite not running on it's own energy. Some thread on this site is being cannibalized by this black

hole thread.

On 11/5/2016 at 5:02 AM, SteveAJones said:

Well, he alluded to "intentions" to dive into a second solo album as far back as Autumn 1988. I may be able to find quotes. Of course, he attempted to reform Led Zeppelin in January 1991 instead, and when that went nowhere he opted to begin a collaboration with David Coverdale in March 1991.

I didn't know about the 1991 Led Zeppelin reunion attempt.  Can you share any details about this? 

Archived