2015 Grammy Awards...the Yays, the Nays, the Boos.

Strider

13 hours ago, ScarletMacaw said:

Sorry to be grumpy middle aged woman again.

Isn't that the Grammys target demographic? ;)

I fell asleep watching the Grammys...I made it to the first commercial break before losing consciousness.

Taylor Swift is definitely easy on the eyes. It's a shame her songs are so banal, but at least she doesn't dress like a crack-whore like so many of the other pop tarts out there. Every time I see Rihanna I want to throw up.

Why, oh why, do the Grammys stick with the insufferably bland and smug LL Cool J as host? It's complete bollocks. He's part of the reason the Grammys are such a snooze.

Year after year, it's becoming clear that most of today's pop culture is filtered through the worst of ghetto tastes and sensibilities. 

I am watching the repeat telecast, as I write this. Taylor Swift sounded flat. The Eagles sounded surprisingly good. That new kid Tori something, sounded really good. Adele, well, all I can say is yikes! :wacko: 

Waiting now, for the tributes to David Bowie and Lemmy.

I'll definitely be changing the channel for a few minutes when the Canadian Beaver comes on! Sheesh! 

Wow! Lady Gaga seriously had an off night! Again, as someone mentioned, the songs chosen for the tribute were fantastic, but the performance, well, the less said about it, the better! :unsure: 

I really loved the B.B King tribute though! 

Edited to add: The Lemmy tribute was definitely the highlight of the Grammys, this year, IMO! 

18 hours ago, ScarletMacaw said:

Bowie tribute awesome. I have always liked Lady Gaga.

Now just saw a commercial from Church of Scientology. I guess there is no shame.

She has a great voice.  I missed it but have it on tape.  I watched Jackson Browne do a great job on Take it Easy but I felt they should have done more for Glen Frey.  They can shove the Grammys and their Rap shit.  Don Henley is better than any of those people on and I have no interest in most of it.  I will watch Lady Gaga's Tribute  at some point.  I am disappointed that more was not done in memory of Glen Frey

A few of my impressions from last night:  Gaga's tribute was good, it's almost impossible to do a Bowie tribute - but she made a good attempt with so many different songs/styles.  She could've easily brought the house down with just doing "Heroes" with many images behind her, but she spread it out with style.  The Eagles were alright, don't know what I was expecting, but it seemed like it was short of what they could've done for him.  I can't believe Duff and Matt were there to do a Lemmy tribute, but couldn't show any sort of tribute for Scott Weiland, their singer in Velvet Revolver.  Not saying performing a song in memory - just at least a megaphone on the amp or drum riser.  The rap, etc has taken over this show, which is a shame, and is why I rarely ever watch it anymore.   

On February 16, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Walter said:

A few of my impressions from last night:  Gaga's tribute was good, it's almost impossible to do a Bowie tribute - but she made a good attempt with so many different songs/styles.  She could've easily brought the house down with just doing "Heroes" with many images behind her, but she spread it out with style.  The Eagles were alright, don't know what I was expecting, but it seemed like it was short of what they could've done for him.  I can't believe Duff and Matt were there to do a Lemmy tribute, but couldn't show any sort of tribute for Scott Weiland, their singer in Velvet Revolver.  Not saying performing a song in memory - just at least a megaphone on the amp or drum riser.  The rap, etc has taken over this show, which is a shame, and is why I rarely ever watch it anymore.   

Well Don Henley looked like he was not happy with it.  Like, WTF?  Is this all you can do for Glen Frey?  That is my attitude.  I am not surprised Felder was not there but was not sure.  I thought it was great that Walsh and Timothy B Schmidt were both there, two fabulous musicians.  I really wanted Don Henley to do one song.  Someone should have done a rendition of Lyin Eyes or Tequila Sunrise for Gods sake.  Pure shit is right Strider.

Lady Gaga's Bowie tribute was OK. I hate medleys and would rather hear one or two songs done properly than 10 seconds worth of a dozen songs crammed into 5 minutes. She tried to sing in Bowie's range too and sounded a little odd.

I liked the Glen Frey tribute. I wouldn't be surprised if The Eagles do more with Jackson Browne. Shame Don Felder wasn't invited, but I can't say I'm all that surprised.

Hollywood Vampires were good, not great. At least it was a good band playing real instruments, which for some of these types of shows is getting scarce. I agree with Walter that some sort of nod towards Scott Weiland would have been nice, especially with 2 of his former Velvet Revolver band mates onstage.The Lemmy tribute was very cool, but guitars were messy. 4 guitars aren't needed for Ace Of Spades. 

Luckily, I DVR'd it and skipped over most of the bullshit. 

Archived