Jimmy Page - Sound Tracks: Box Set

sam_webmaster

Really want this set (the CDs, I suppose) but it clashes too much with the Zeppelin releases for me (or at least my budget for them).

EDIT: Holy crap, it would cost me $97 for the CD set. Definitely side-lined (for now).

my cd package was only 78 bucks with shipping to the US.

my cd package was only 78 bucks with shipping to the US.

I ordered the cd package as well and that's what mine cost. The site is a bit of a pain, when putting in all your info as there is a separate box for the number of your address and the name of street. Kind of weird? Is that the way it is done in the UK/Europe regularly?

It is kind of weird, you have to include the start date of the credit card but that box is after the expiration date box which kind of makes it confusing. Do they want the date the credit card became valid or is it something else that I am missing.

either way, I really can't wait. I loved the music on the Death Wish II album although, imho, it doesn't go with the movie very well. Its also weird that they used the same soundtrack for Death Wish III which I have never actually watched all the way through.

I may plump for the CD collection, but it could sit there gathering dust after one play, so I will hold off until hopefully a member of this site gives their impressions of the release.

Does anyone know if the track listing has been published.?

I may plump for the CD collection, but it could sit there gathering dust after one play, so I will hold off until hopefully a member of this site gives their impressions of the release.

Yes, a track listing is on the Page website, along with a bunch of samples.

Finally i think as the remaster represent a lot of work and there shall not be a huge amount of sales in comparison to LZ reissues, this box(basic quadruple cd's) will be available through Amazon

at more affordable price _ exactly as for the book JP BY JP!

I decided to wait

Email just received:

Dear James,
We are emailing to let you know that you have been SUCCESSFUL in the ballot to purchase a signed, deluxe edition of Jimmy Page: Sound Tracks!
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
------------------
On the morning of Friday, 20th February 2015 at 10:00 GMT (UK Time) you will be emailed a unique link to this email address (XXXXXXXX) which will take you through to JimmyPage.com to be able to purchase a signed, deluxe copy of Jimmy Page: Sound Tracks.
It is important to tell you that we cannot GUARANTEE that you are able to purchase a Deluxe edition but you and 108 other successful applicants will gain priority access to do so during the exclusive purchase window (outlined below) or until all copies have subsequently sold out.
NUMBERED COPIES
For fairness, we will fulfil all orders in a completely random numerical order and so you will not be disadvantaged by time zone differences if you order later during the purchase window than others. Each Gustave Dore print within each boxset is uniquely numbered to denote which edition of the 109 copies you have received. Unfortunately, we cannot reserve individual numbers.
DESPATCH DATE
All signed, deluxe editions of Sound Tracks will be despatched up to a fortnight later than the unsigned, standard editions for logistical reasons. We shall email all 109 customers when their signed deluxe editions have been dispatched from the UK.
PURCHASE WINDOW
The exclusive purchase window will be open from Friday, 20th February 2015 until Sunday, 22 February 2015 at 16:00 GMT. After this time, any remaining copies of the signed Deluxe editions will return to General Sale.
ONE COPY PER CHECKOUT
Each customer is restricted to purchasing one copy of Sound Tracks: Deluxe edition per user account, per checkout. You will need to login in to JimmyPage.com in order to complete your checkout, so please make sure that you know your password and login information for the website in advance in order to make the process as smooth as possible.
PLEASE KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR EMAILS FROM 10:00 GMT ON FRIDAY, 20TH FEBRUARY FOR YOUR UNIQUE ACCESS LINK TO PURCHASE.
Thank you,
The JimmyPage.com Team

Dude if you click on the link Sam provided to Jimmy's website the tracks are all listed.

I'm just trying to think sensibly: what do you get for 400 bucks? a leather box (it looks great, granted), 4 vinyls, a booklet and a print of an eagle..But all this, except for the leather box and the signature, you can get for 90 quid (which is quite a lot too compared to other releases)..I just cannot acquaint myself with the idea that I should pay 300 extra bucks for a signature and a leather box..I have to pay nearly 600 euros for this and I think it's just too much for me..I think I'll go for the 90 Pounds-option..

I'm just trying to think sensibly: what do you get for 400 bucks? a leather box (it looks great, granted), 4 vinyls, a booklet and a print of an eagle..But all this, except for the leather box and the signature, you can get for 90 quid (which is quite a lot too compared to other releases)..I just cannot acquaint myself with the idea that I should pay 300 extra bucks for a signature and a leather box..I have to pay nearly 600 euros for this and I think it's just too much for me..I think I'll go for the 90 Pounds-option..

What you get is one of 109 box sets that will have been handled/signed by Jimmy Page! If you have to think about the cost why register? I tried and was one of the unsuccessful ones,presumably because it was clogged up by people like you

£400...just typing that makes me feel ridiculous.

Why ? you get the artwork print 4cd and 4 vinyl plus the leather box

and Jimmy signs it.There are only 109.The Genesis book superdeluxe was 350 copies

and that cost over£750 . If people can't afford it fair enough lots of people can't afford a Ferrari.

Does that make it a ridiculous purchase ? No its a piece of art you can listen to,sanctioned

by the man (if you are a Zep fan) who is the greatest guitar player that ever walked the earth.

Personally i am disappointed (i loathe the word gutted) not to have a chance with the other 108

on Friday.Whoever they are will be getting something special.Rant over!

Why ? you get the artwork print 4cd and 4 vinyl plus the leather box

and Jimmy signs it.There are only 109.The Genesis book superdeluxe was 350 copies

and that cost over£750 . If people can't afford it fair enough lots of people can't afford a Ferrari.

Does that make it a ridiculous purchase ? No its a piece of art you can listen to,sanctioned

by the man (if you are a Zep fan) who is the greatest guitar player that ever walked the earth.

Personally i am disappointed (i loathe the word gutted) not to have a chance with the other 108

on Friday.Whoever they are will be getting something special.Rant over!

Property is theft man, £400 would feed a lot of starving children in Afrika and that leather take it you're not a vegan :D

Archived