Jimmy Page - Sound Tracks: Box Set

sam_webmaster

Property is theft man, £400 would feed a lot of starving children in Afrika and that leather take it you're not a vegan :D

Take it you can't spell Afrika or would that be mr Bambaattaa rather than the continent .

Vegan shmegan not eating the box am i ?

Take it you can't spell Afrika or would that be mr Bambaattaa rather than the continent .

Vegan shmegan not eating the box am i ?

Well if I'd put Africa you may have thought I was being serious. So Bambaattaa will do.

Happy to say that I was successful. I must has some kind of good luck with Led Zeppelin (and bad luck everywhere else) because I also was able to purchase the white lp of remastered The Song Remains The Same a few years back.

Do you know how much that is worth now? One sold for £800 recently, on that basis this set should be an

excellent investment and a lovely thing to own. I am officially jealous!

What you get is one of 109 box sets that will have been handled/signed by Jimmy Page! If you have to think about the cost why register? I tried and was one of the unsuccessful ones,presumably because it was clogged up by people like you

My darling Andrew, I have 2 photos with the man himself and lovely memories of a great conversation on a wonderful summer's day..You can't put a price tag on that..

Although I do understand your frustration there's no need to take that tone with me. I didn't seriously consider that I could win and if I should opt out there's still a chance for you to buy yours when they go on general sale..so stay smooth :-)

Don't get me wrong guys, I do feel privileged and it makes me very proud that I could be one of only 109 people to be owning this set worldwide, it's just so much money and the things I could buy for this load of money..the orignal albums on vinyl...the new Earl's Court picture book..and so many other things. I don't know yet..

I'd like the CD set but I think I'll bide my time until it's on Amazon for half the price, I've been bitten by things like this before where I've paid £40 & you can get it elsewhere for £15 a couple of months down the road.

I'd like the CD set but I think I'll bide my time until it's on Amazon for half the price, I've been bitten by things like this before where I've paid £40 & you can get it elsewhere for £15 a couple of months down the road.

I agree and will do the same!!

I just can't believe there's over 109 people taken in by this. Maybe this music does cast an evil spell because having heard awful bits from both soundtracks over the years it's the only explanation for paying 800 usd for this Even 80 is stretching it

So this release is what Jimmy Page was talking about on the first day of 2014 on his website when he said "I've also been working on some of my own material from the archives that will be unleashed in 2014". I'd like to know how limited this release will be, there was no indication about how many copies will be made as far as I know.

So this release is what Jimmy Page was talking about on the first day of 2014 on his website when he said "I've also been working on some of my own material from the archives that will be unleashed in 2014". I'd like to know how limited this release will be, there was no indication about how many copies will be made as far as I know.

Yes, you are likely correct about that press release.

I just can't believe there's over 109 people taken in by this. Maybe this music does cast an evil spell because having heard awful bits from both soundtracks over the years it's the only explanation for paying 800 usd for this Even 80 is stretching it

Are the Sonic Textures not doing it for you? On a serious note, somebody elsewhere brought up the suggestion that some tune he posted a link to was an anonymous Jimmy Page composition, which got me thinking about that kind of vehicle being a true litmus test for musicians and fans alike, showing whether and to what extent people really like, connect with or are touched by a musical creation (though it's obviously not a viable option for singers). If people want to buy something because it's from Page or whoever they happen to be really into, that's fine (though a separate issue than the one I mean). Other than the snippets that have been recently released to promote this boxed set, my only other familiarity with the material is a vague memory of the soundtrack for DWII itself, so I'll be curious to read the reviews of Soundtracks from those who haven't heard them before and/or are buying them for the music/soundscapes themselves.

I have heard and listened to the Death Wish soundtrack many times. I love it. I spun the vinyl around until it was worn out. Did the same with TSRTS. I have also listened to lucifer Rising many many times over the years and although the quality of the recording is not very good in the bootleg, with this version I am hoping the LRst sounds better.

As for the newer stuff, I did listen to some of the samples but did not spoil it for myself by listening to the whole thing. This way I will have something new to listen to when I get it..

Anybody?

rmatisse_blue_damask_shop_preview.png

My darling Andrew, I have 2 photos with the man himself and lovely memories of a great conversation on a wonderful summer's day..You can't put a price tag on that..

Although I do understand your frustration there's no need to take that tone with me. I didn't seriously consider that I could win and if I should opt out there's still a chance for you to buy yours when they go on general sale..so stay smooth :-)

Don't get me wrong guys, I do feel privileged and it makes me very proud that I could be one of only 109 people to be owning this set worldwide, it's just so much money and the things I could buy for this load of money..the orignal albums on vinyl...the new Earl's Court picture book..and so many other things. I don't know yet..

Am not your or anybody's darling you may not like my attitude but at least i'm not patronising!

My point was i never understand people who enter any on line competition /auction, with no intention of pulling the trigger.

"It's£400, its too much, i will leave the field clear for someone else" Clear? Notice how smooth i stayed, like a strawberry shake.

Darling.

Signed Sound Tracks

That's just not right this person should have his "offer to buy" removed. Can he be reported. He hasn't even paid for it yet the cheeky fucker.

Oh yeah, the bidders are just as bad they only encourage this obnoxious behaviour. Don't get me started on ticket touts/scalpers, scum the lot of them.

To quote Roger Waters "If I had my way, I'd have all of yer shot"

Archived