G&L

Maaike Roeleveld

Hi all,

I recently purchased a G&L ASAT tribute bluesboy semi hollow (Tobacco sunburst) and am loving it!

It's (as many guitar players know) basically a tele thinline, but made after Leo Fender sold his company.

That however, does not mean it's quality is less. It's a very well built guitar that is versitile enough to be used for many different sounds and genres.

G&L_Tribute_ASAT_Classic_Bluesboy_Semi_H

Anyone else own a G&L guitar? Love to hear about the experiences of others.......

Maaike

• 1 month later...

I have an ASAT classic, which is basically a revamped telecaster. It's a great instument and acoustically it's the most "live" electric I have ever come across, a really versatile quality instrument. The sad thing is these have less recognition and resale value than Fenders. On the bright side it means they are good value when buying.

• 9 months later...
On 20-3-2015 at 9:08 PM, Sandey said:

I have an ASAT classic, which is basically a revamped telecaster. It's a great instument and acoustically it's the most "live" electric I have ever come across, a really versatile quality instrument. The sad thing is these have less recognition and resale value than Fenders. On the bright side it means they are good value when buying.

Yup, mine too, is truly a quality instrument! You are right, they have less resale value and recognition than orginal Fenders...., I totally think I received a great guitar for my money! Ha ha, even my guitar teacher thinks it's a great guitar. I bought it because I wanted a guitar that isn't too heavy and is comfortable to play. I am pretty short, so something like a Les Paul would be too bulky and heavy for me......

• 1 month later...

I have the same one as you, but in the blonde finish. Really nice playing guitar and sounds great, especially the bridge pickup. The neck is a bit too thin for my hands, though. I'm thinking of selling it and getting a different tele. I'd like to keep the bridge pickup for myself, though, because I really like it. 

Archived