Your Led Zeppelin live recording dreams come true

NealKenneth

CQOyWznVEAAo0pm.jpg:large

Some twitter banter has revealed a WLL/BD medley which means it's probably 75. It's also supposedly a board for a show without an AUD.

01/11/1975 Rotterdam, Netherlands - Ahoy 
01/18/1975 Minneapolis, Minnesota - Metro Sports Center 
02/01/1975 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Civic Arena 
02/02/1975 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Civic Arena 
02/27/1975 Houston, Texas - Sam Houston Coliseum 
03/03/1975 Fort Worth, Texas - Tarrant County Convention Center

http://www.led-zep.info/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=91

Thanks to Glyn for the info.

If Led Zeppelin was going to come out with another live Album. 

I would love to hear Zurich 1980 concert. Very good, very tight, very raw zeppelin.

There's NO FUCKING WAY Jimmy Page would allow that disasterous performance they did of "Kashmir" on the night to be officially released. He's too much of a 'perfectionist' for that...

As much as any new soundboard is welcome, '75 is much of the same sadly. Unless it is an early show with HMMT and WTLB that is.

In saying that I am partial to '75, the versions of NQ especially. Some of the best they ever did. I know some people don't like Dazed from '75 either, but there's something about the brooding atmosphere of some '75 versions that I love, especially the first 10 or so minutes before the bow solo.

I would choose something from 77.  I love some of those shows, and Plant's voice is not that high pitched mess from the early 70's.

I like Strider's idea...sounds like  a goldmine!

Although I have to admit the HMMT that Sathington posted is pretty freaking amazing!!  Course, it's one of my absolute face LZ tunes.

I know some people don't like Dazed from '75 either, but there's something about the brooding atmosphere of some '75 versions that I love, especially the first 10 or so minutes before the bow solo.

A million times yes...especially later in the tour...the March shows, when Jimmy would do some solitary noodling before Robert jumped back in with Woodstock or whatever it was that night. 

Ihave said this many times to pepole that if I could hear anyhting by thyem it would be the first time they met up and played together and their first full rehearsals as they worked on the first album and then ready to tour.

Ihave said this many times to pepole that if I could hear anyhting by thyem it would be the first time they met up and played together and their first full rehearsals as they worked on the first album and then ready to tour.

Absolutely, to have been a fly on the wall at that first Gerrard Street rehearsal would have been fantastic!

There's NO FUCKING WAY Jimmy Page would allow that disasterous performance they did of "Kashmir" on the night to be officially released. He's too much of a 'perfectionist' for that...

What about any of the first four shows of the 80' tour or even better, Frankfurt? Frankfurt was a brilliant show, plus, if Jimmy were to squeeze the Heartbreaker from the Rotterdam gig in there...oh baby!

What about any of the first four shows of the 80' tour or even better, Frankfurt? Frankfurt was a brilliant show, plus, if Jimmy were to squeeze the Heartbreaker from the Rotterdam gig in there...oh baby!

Frankfurt would be a possibility, it's a good, pretty much error free 1980 performance (arguably the "best" gig of the tour) it's just that there's no way Page would use the "Kashmir" from Zurich '80 any more than he'd use the version from June 23 '77...unless he were to use those as an illustration that Led Zeppelin were actually four human beings who were capable of fucking up from time to time :lol:

I hear a ton of great choices, but I was thinking why not try to put one of the early 73' German shows, say

Munich or Vienna, in 5:1 home theater sound. Properly done it would be astounding. I'm sure there are

Zep "techies" possibly attempting this stuff now, but this is much more complex than EQ'ing or adjusting

instrument levels on a boot.

• 4 weeks later...

nutrockers right… Frankfurt is the night for tour over Europe 80

Archived