G-1275 Double Neck

osoz

I've just put down a deposit on one of these

G-1275DblNck_Splash.jpg

I kind of knew before going into the shop I was going to buy it, it played superbly and I just had to have it, first time I've ever tried out a 12 string guitar and it seemed natural enough.

Any other G-1275 (or EDS) owners out there?

The quality is not as good as a Gibson, but still a very good guitar. The neck and fretwork is better on the Gibson along with the pickups. You can however, change the pickups but all around a very good guitar. I own other Gibson Les Pauls and they put Gibson 57 P.A.F. (Patent Applied For) pickups in those guitars or Burstbucker (1, 2 or 3) pickups. I own the first Jimmy Page Les Paul model back in 90's and that guitar had Seymour Duncan Pickups. My favorite pickups for Gibsons are the Burstbuckers with Seymour Duncan a close second.

The quality is not as good as a Gibson, but still a very good guitar. The neck and fretwork is better on the Gibson along with the pickups. You can however, change the pickups but all around a very good guitar. I own other Gibson Les Pauls and they put Gibson 57 P.A.F. (Patent Applied For) pickups in those guitars or Burstbucker (1, 2 or 3) pickups. I own the first Jimmy Page Les Paul model back in 90's and that guitar had Seymour Duncan Pickups. My favorite pickups for Gibsons are the Burstbuckers with Seymour Duncan a close second.

Ok, I will come back when I quit drooling all over my keyboard...

Get busy Osoz, we want to hear both TSRTS & Carouselambra within a week :toast:

but... but... I've not finished learning Stairway yet! :blush:

I'll have to let Jimmy and the boys stand in for me:

:yesnod:

Epiphones are great guitars I have a les Paul jr,it has the one pick up but iam geting the

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plustop PRO - Heritage Cherry SB or dirty Lemmon color

A new Gibson lets paul is over 3 grand.

Sweetwater has these double necks in stock

I've got a Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth, it's a fantastic guitar. The Plustop PROs are gorgeous lots of temptation to get one in Iced tea and 'Jimmy Page' it

Epiphone Iced Tea

LesPaulStandPlusPRO_IT.jpg

Could be fun changing the pick ups and wiring it up with the extra switches etc.

I've got a Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth, it's a fantastic guitar. The Plustop PROs are gorgeous lots of temptation to get one in Iced tea and 'Jimmy Page' it

Epiphone Iced Tea

LesPaulStandPlusPRO_IT.jpg

Could be fun changing the pick ups and wiring it up with the extra switches etc.

That's nice is that color ice tea?. Is this the LP u got congrats honey burst is nice aslo

My main guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Studio w / coil tapping. I love this damn guitar and was lucky to buy it used from Sweetwater for $800 including a hard case. I just cannot rave enough about this guitar. I have played standards & customs and for me, I will take my studio over either two any day. This guitar can play anything and sounds great, never had a problem with it in any fashion. My other giging guitars are an American Standard Tele and my PRS Custom 24 also w / coil tapping but the LP is by far my favorite and for $800 (normally $1,500) it just can't be beat...and not a damn scratch on it. Whoever traded this baby in seems to have barely played it.

As far as I am concerned, scoring this guitar at this deal was my winning the lottery moment.

Excuse me, I must go now, the Muse is calling me. Gonna grab the LP, switch to single coil, and jam me some Prelude!

That's nice is that color ice tea?. Is this the LP u got congrats honey burst is nice aslo

Yep the picture is the iced tea finish - The guitar I have is the Studio Gothic:

PB_Splash.jpg

Which plays superbly.

I'm just very tempted by the Epiphone Plustop Pro in iced tea as it is very Jimmy Page looking. Not a very expensive guitar, so taking it to a luthier for a neck shave, re-wire and change of pick-ups etc to replicate Jimmy's No 1 or No 2 Les Paul becomes a very tempting project. Would be a fraction of the cost of the Gibson official replicas.

The former bass player of my bandcoaching-band (yes, he also plays the guitar) owns a Epiphone Les Paul.

He let me borrow it once, boy did I need to get used to it. At the time I mainly played my Yamaha Pacifica (strat-model), so

suddenly playing a Les Paul was quite different.....

I loved the sound, but I thought it was heavy and had a broader neck then I was used to.

Nowadays I mainly play my new G&L (Tele). The G&L is great, light and has a thinner neck (better for my relatively small hands...).

Oh well...., next time I go for a new guitar I should give the Les Paul another chance.....

Maaike

The studio is a brick, for comparison the twin neck feels lighter, my Gibson SG is much lighter- making the studio by far the heaviest guitar I own. Great tone though and fast fret board. Good to hear the standards are lighter, even more of an excuse to get yet another guitar I can't really afford.

The studio is a brick, for comparison the twin neck feels lighter, my Gibson SG is much lighter- making the studio by far the heaviest guitar I own. Great tone though and fast fret board. Good to hear the standards are lighter, even more of an excuse to get yet another guitar I can't really afford.

Seeing you're in the UK, have you tried Gumtree? You can get some great deals on there. I actually bought my Guitar and amp from there

Archived