Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

All of the companion discs to date have not included any previously officially-released material. I believe that will continue to be the case for Coda. My prediction for Coda:

Disc 1

The original 8 tracks

Hey Hey What Can I Do

Baby Come On Home

Disc 2

Walter's Walk (early version no vocals/overdubs)

Alternate takes of Ozone Baby, Darlene, Bonzo's Montreux and Wearing And Tearing

Swan Song

One or two unused tracks from Presence

One or two unused tracks from In Through The Outdoor

I still find it hard to believe that Traveling Riverside Blues will not find its way onto the remastered Coda. I understand that's its already been released on the BBC sessions but it would help give Coda a bit more oomph. Can't wait to find out along with the companion book for Coda.

Cheers

I would almost put money on there being a unheard track on Presence companion disc. No hard evidence, but I really have a strong feeling that there will definitely be. I just highly doubt Zep went in 1976, wrote and recorded 7 tracks, released the album, done. And I think it will be something decent that just didn't fit in the list and time capacity of the album, and also never got released until now because they completely forgot about it until Page found it recently. This is just my prediction.

As Coda is only 30 minutes long, they could fit anohter 50 minutes on there. I would suggest it being:

Disc One

12+ tracks including the 1990 bonus tracks and adding the extra songs rumoured to be on there. They could fit quite a few on there.

Disc Two

Alternate mixes of those tracks incluidng alternate mixes of the extra new ones.

I would like to see Jimmy include Led Zeppelin's last show from Berlin, July 7, 1980. "Coda is a term used in music in a number of different senses, primarily to designate a passage that brings a piece to an end."

Is it assumed Presence / In Through The Out Door / Coda will be released in June 2015 and together?

We shall see...

Announcement should be in April/May for the next release(s).

I see a lot of folks here seem to feel that all three will be released at once. I highly doubt this. The sticker price alone prohibits this. If you want maximum album sales you don't flood the market with three high priced albums at the same time, you stagger them so people can absorb the hit their wallets are taking so they can buy the next one a few months later.

I will be highly surprised if they all come out at once.

I see a lot of folks here seem to feel that all three will be released at once. I highly doubt this. The sticker price alone prohibits this. If you want maximum album sales you don't flood the market with three high priced albums at the same time, you stagger them so people can absorb the hit their wallets are taking so they can buy the next one a few months later.

But how do you explain last years release of Zeppelin 1,2 and 3 simultaneously? I say all three together at the same time in June. Then Page will get on with his next venture.

I understand the rationale for giving PG it's own Spotlight, but can't see this happening for their remaining albums. They're not quite in the same league.

I see all three being announced just like the first 3. Alternatively, and depending on the quality of the extras on coda I see a double and a single release. But coda in the spotlight would have to have some pretty special content, else I doubt it would really shift that well.

except Page has done that with 1, 2, and 3. and those were all classic albums.

these last three have significantly less popularity among the masses and he'd surely sell more selling them as the last collection of the group's last hurrah.

besides, he can count me (and a few other folks here) as getting all three day 1 of their release. so make it happen, Jimmy!

For In Through The Out Door, I really, really hope Jimmy includes the unedited 7 to 8 minute version of All of My Love (with the studio banter and aborted start or not).

I do recollect an instrumental AOMY outtake version was loaded up on the pre-official ledzeppelin.com website, which had a simply exquisitely gorgeous extended bluesy outro solo by Jimmy. I couldn't even trace it on YouTube now. Whoever says Jimmy was off the rails with his playing capability at this point needs a lobotomy!

Cheers,

Indi.

During Planet Rock's Liz Barnes video chat with Jimmy Page about the new, remastered version of Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti, at the 24:15 mark she says,

" Now, emm, the next time we will meet will be for the final releases of the final three..."

http://youtu.be/2ufATqLWonw

This could be a strong indication Presence, ITTOD and Coda will be released simultaneously.

Cheers,

Indi

Except for that time when the first three were all released at once.

I still like the idea of the last three coming together, in June. And with a June release, the announcement would be on "an April morning." It fits! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

What would have been great to see in the books in the super delux versions these is some concepts and alternative directions for the artwork.

Presumably they didn't strike gold in the first attempt and there would be numerous work in progress shots/illustrations etc. has any of this previously surfaced anywhere (maybe hipnosis books or similar)

Except for that time when the first three were all released at once.

I still like the idea of the last three coming together, in June. And with a June release, the announcement would be on "an April morning." It fits! :thumbsup:

It makes more sense sales wise to keep the ball rolling until the holidays. I feel it would generate more sales for CODA being near Christmas and all.

It makes more sense sales wise to keep the ball rolling until the holidays. I feel it would generate more sales for CODA being near Christmas and all.

Really depends on the content of Coda. Imagine little Johnny's disappointment on Christmas morn when he runs downstairs to see what Father Christmas has bought him, and opens it up only to discover Darlene (rough mix with cowbell) and Bonzos Montreaux (rough mix, no drums)

Really depends on the content of Coda. Imagine little Johnny's disappointment on Christmas morn when he runs downstairs to see what Father Christmas has bought him, and opens it up only to discover Darlene (rough mix with cowbell) and Bonzos Montreaux (rough mix, no drums)

Look at it this way, if he didn't have to pay for then its a plus isn't it?

Can't see Coda being a big draw for holiday dollars (pounds, euros). If it's released in June, it will still be available for holiday purchases. What would a release closer to Christmas accomplish?

The release of PG was only two months after Christmas. If having things available for the holidays is so important, why wasn't it shared with fourth album and Houses in time for holiday shopping?

Archived