Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Fire is like some other booted tracks which Page has left out, although he has included other booted tracks which he said he was

never going to do. Right. Actually correct me if I am wrong, but way before Traveling Riverside Blues was officially released, I

could have sworn that I heard on the radio a few times a version that is 2-3 minutes longer than the "original". Either I imagined

it or it had a Lemon Song type breakdown. Experts, remove this possibility.

I make one statement after not saying anything even remotely negative about the remasters for 2-3 months and someone is waiting to jump on it...I am just buying the singles and wanted that one song that USED to be on Coda in the box sets...geez I wish HHWCID was on Coda- It's no big thingMeanwhile there's a ton of posts about Fire, Swan song and other songs that I guess aren't as seriously offending as my one sentence,,,,It's not like i condemned the whole remaster series for that one thing in this post. I keep silent on rough mixes and such because I know they thrill other people and that's great.I am happy jimmy got these out and they have an edition that suits everyone... but I just regret Coda not being the box version of 50+ minutes. maybe if i say I am a Yankees fan too I can at least get a point back in my favor.

I make one statement after not saying anything even remotely negative about the remasters for 2-3 months and someone is waiting to jump on it...I am just buying the singles and wanted that one song that USED to be on Coda in the box sets...geez I wish HHWCID was on Coda- It's no big thingMeanwhile there's a ton of posts about Fire, Swan song and other songs that I guess aren't as seriously offending as my one sentence,,,,It's not like i condemned the whole remaster series for that one thing in this post. I keep silent on rough mixes and such because I know they thrill other people and that's great.I am happy jimmy got these out and they have an edition that suits everyone... but I just regret Coda not being the box version of 50+ minutes. maybe if i say I am a Yankees fan too I can at least get a point back in my favor.

Almost every post you make comes across as negative, your constant whining about how you can't afford the 2 CD deluxe sets, how you have never had a decent system to play music on. If you can afford the internet surely you can afford the insignificant miniscule few extra coppers to get the 2 CD sets over the single discs. I cannot see the point of even buying the single CDs, except maybe to have the LP replica sleeves.

Almost every post you make comes across as negative, your constant whining about how you can't afford the 2 CD deluxe sets, how you have never had a decent system to play music on. If you can afford the internet surely you can afford the insignificant miniscule few extra coppers to get the 2 CD sets over the single discs. I cannot see the point of even buying the single CDs, except maybe to have the LP replica sleeves.

:goodpost:

:goodpost:

Maybe it's quite obvious, but you could buy HHWCID on iTunes or elsewhere. No, it won't be on a disc with the other tracks, but you'd have it.

To be diplomatic, I kinda see where ksgemini is coming from; I haven't bought any of the deluxe editions to date because thry just didn't do it for me, and with the exception of 'Key to the Highway/Trouble in Mind' on the LZIII companion disc, none of the rest of the material was substantial enough to warrant the added cost, plus the entire Paris '69 show has been widely available for years, so again, not worth the additional cost. But with the remastered Coda, in order to get all the material previously released and compiled on that album, I'm going to have to fork out for the deluxe edition with rough/alternate mixes that I neither want nor will listen to, and I think that's what ksgemini is talking about.

To be honest, when you take away rough/alternate mixes and rehearsal/demo outtakes that have already been widely circulated on the bootleg market (tracks like 'Fire' and 'Swan Song'), the number of substantial new previously-unheard material that should rightly have all been included on the remastered Coda boils down to about four tracks total; 'Sugar Mama' from the debut album sessions, the aforementioned 'Key to the Highway...' and 'St Tristan's Sword' from the LZIII sessions, and '10 Ribs and All/Carrot Pod Pod' from the Presence sessions... added to the four bonus tracks from the 1990's edition, that's no more than a second disc's worth of material. If Jimmy had done that, then left alternate/rough mixes, the Bombay '72 sessions and what have you for a companion disc, I don't think anyone would be complaining about that... I certainly wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT complaining here, just voicing some thoughts and observations, these remasters have all sounded stellar so far and are the best the Zep canon have ever sounded (at least on my format of choice, namely CD), so how could I complain...?

Hermit, it's only the incessant complaining that wears me out. Everyone has their niche when it comes to buying these and everyone has their own expectations and hopes, obviously there is nothing wrong that.

I can't wait to finish out the collection, have just enough room for the last three where I have the other 6 on display. I'm definitely going to try and avoid hearing anything from these discs until they come out in July. The anticipation is worth it, for me.

Canada seems to be getting the shaft. Over 28(!) hours since official pre-order gone live and latest remasters STILL not up on Amazon.ca -- LedZeppelin.com urls redirecting me to Amazon.com instead of .ca. Outrageous. There's a glitch somewhere...there's gotta be. Anyone here know how Amazon smart urls work? -- is the problem at Amazon end? (please dont suggest i get on a proxy server.)

What about Swan Song not being on there..always hoped it would see an official release..

The fact that "Swan Song" was officially released as "Midnight Moonlight" with The Firm pretty much told me that it would not be released on any of the Zep companion discs. I get why many would want it, but it's been around now for close to 20 years and it's just a few minutes in length on each take... so not surprising to me at all that it was not released.

Canada seems to be getting the shaft. Over 28(!) hours since official pre-order gone live and latest remasters STILL not up on Amazon.ca -- LedZeppelin.com urls redirecting me to Amazon.com instead of .ca. Outrageous. There's a glitch somewhere...there's gotta be. Anyone here know how Amazon smart urls work? -- is the problem at Amazon end? (please dont suggest i get on a proxy server.)

Same here in Canada waiting very impatiently for the pre-order pages to arrive on amazon.ca, we got the previous 6 pre-ordered on Amazon.ca at around $115-$120 CAD, doubt they'll be close to that now, with 139.99 and 159.99 on Amazon USA and the exchange rate at 1.24.....

Led Zeppelin to release India recordings

Legendary rock group Led Zeppelin are to unveil previously unheard tracks recorded with Indian musicians during a visit more than four decades ago.

The two tracks - reworked versions of their songs Friends and Four Sticks - are among the songs contained in the band's reissues of three studio albums.

The English rock group were known for their pounding, blues-influenced songs and explosive stadium shows.

They broke up in 1980 following the death of drummer John Bonham.

Led Zeppelin's best-known songs include Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love, Rock and Roll, Kashmir and Communication Breakdown.

The band's website said that singer Robert Plant and guitarist Jimmy Page "took a fabled trip to India to perform with the Bombay Orchestra and now, for the first time, recordings from

will be officially released with dynamic takes on Friends and Four Hands (Four Sticks from Led Zeppelin IV album)".

Band members visited India a number of time during 1971-72 during their tours in Asia and "during one of those trips Plant and Page participated in a session with a group of veteran Bollywood session musicians that resulted in reworked versions of Friends and Four Sticks," according to Rezaul H Laskar in the Hindustan Times newspaper.

"Led Zeppelin had not officially released any tracks from the Mumbai session till now though several bootlegs have emerged of the recording. In one bootleg, Page can be heard explaining bars and scales to [late Indian flautist] Vijay Raghav Rao, who gamely tries to convey his instructions to the Indian musicians who had clearly never collaborated with rock musicians".

The songs will be contained in the reissue of Coda, one of the band's final three studio albums that are being released in July. The other two albums are Presence and In Through The Out Door.

All the three albums have been remastered by 71-year-old Page.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-33002262

Same here in Canada waiting very impatiently for the pre-order pages to arrive on amazon.ca, we got the previous 6 pre-ordered on Amazon.ca at around $115-$120 CAD, doubt they'll be close to that now, with 139.99 and 159.99 on Amazon USA and the exchange rate at 1.24.....

From Toronto and also waiting. Can't wait to grab the super deluxe version of these.....as with all of them !! Love the packaging and the better clearer sound. Cheers

I can't wait to record the upcoming releases on my multiple CD burner. Friends snapped up all the previous deluxe issues, and are

planning to get the new ones as well. Obviously encryption matters are off limits. No postage, no fussiness taking care of the

cases/artwork/books etc.,. The reissues and companions are cool, but is anybody really going to listen to them in 2or 3 yrs ??

Looks good overall and can't wait for Coda! I said previously, that this would be the gem of the last three as it was a harder sell (out takes release). So to sum it up this would have the best of the unreleased material and would have been surprised if it didn't! Was hoping for Bombay sessions and glad we'll get them! Only disappointment for me is no "Swan Song". At least I have it in bootleg. Probably as others have said is with The Firm's MM version, otherwise we'd have it. All in all these look good. We'll see how ITTOD and Presence pan out with the different takes!

I can't wait to record the upcoming releases on my multiple CD burner. Friends snapped up all the previous deluxe issues, and are

planning to get the new ones as well. Obviously encryption matters are off limits. No postage, no fussiness taking care of the

cases/artwork/books etc.,. The reissues and companions are cool, but is anybody really going to listen to them in 2or 3 yrs ??

So you're going to copy someone else's?

And yes, I will still be listening to the companion audio. Not all of it (i.e., the tracks with minute variation from the originals), but much of it.

I bet you are not the only one here who will be listening to home burned discs/files rather than retail purchases, at least you are being honest about it.

As for listening in two/three years time, I will, not often but I'll be blowing the (hypothetical) dust off them now an then.

Archived