Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

CODA – Super Deluxe Edition Box coming July 31st.

Details on all other formats (including vinyl and CD set) available here: http://ledzeppelin.com.

Interesting to hear Desire (The Wanton Song) and When the Levee Breaks. Sounds like The Wanton song has no bass; JPJ is only playing the clavinet and Levee is almost an entirely different arrangement. (different drum patterns and bass lines) I look forward to listening to them in their entirety.

Leevee early version is already on The Guardian (UK only). Very stripped down and even a bit funky too. Plant sings almost dummy vocals and bass is upfront. Not echo'd or phased.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/23/led-zeppelin-hear-an-unreleased-version-of-when-the-levee-breaks

What I've heard sounds good so far.

Leevee early version is already on The Guardian (UK only). Very stripped down and even a bit funky too. Plant sings almost dummy vocals and bass is upfront. Not echo'd or phased.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/23/led-zeppelin-hear-an-unreleased-version-of-when-the-levee-breaks

Wow, this is so different from the Levee on IV! Would love to know the story of how and why it transitioned from this version to the final. The heavy, slower final version is a perfect match of lyrics, rhythm and sound.

Whoa is right! Thanks for posting, Sath.

:o

Wow, this is so different from the Levee on IV! Would love to know the story of how and why it transitioned from this version to the final. The heavy, slower final version is a perfect match of lyrics, rhythm and sound.

To me, this "new" version of Levee sounds like it was recorded before Bonham's drums were set up in the main entry way to Headley Grange. The drums on the original take sound so massive and I'm sure that changed everyone's perspective on how the song should be played and sung. While this "new" Levee is interesting, it has nothing on the original and that's all because of Bonzo's drums. Can't beat perfection!

To me, this "new" version of Levee sounds like it was recorded before Bonham's drums were set up in the main entry way to Headley Grange. The drums on the original take sound so massive and I'm sure that changed everyone's perspective on how the song should be played and sung. While this "new" Levee is interesting, it has nothing on the original and that's all because of Bonzo's drums. Can't beat perfection!

That makes sense, and I can see where hearing those massive drums could change everything! It's a remarkable shift in tone and feel, so grateful for the magic of Headley Grange and Bonzo!! :)

Jimmy talks about this during the 7/22/15 IHeartRadio online presentation. This version was recorded in the studio before the band went to Headley Grange.

Jimmy talks about this during the 7/22/15 IHeartRadio online presentation. This version was recorded in the studio before the band went to Headley Grange.

Thanks for confirming what I knew. I haven't yet heard that Page interview.

Hi Dr Death!

While I am excited about the new remasters I totally agree with you and you stated it perfectly :drumz:

The vocal line on If It Keeps On Raining (When the Levee Breaks) is almost the same as Black Country Woman in a different key!!!!

Wow true! Very good ear, appiantiqua. Now next up, Record Store day item will be Black Country Levee (mashup rough mix):

Hey hey levee... Is it rainin' here?

Hey hey levee... Is it rainin' still?

You could've just told me you were gonna break,

You could've just told me that flood just wasn't fake.

Hey hey levee... is it rainin' still?

I guess down South's alright... But they got no work to do...

:stereo:

I absolutely love Bonham's drumming on this alternate take, he's the most soulful drummer in the history of rock music, I think people are still trying to catch up with him now in that respect.

I have no problem with mixing them back some to capture the darkness vibe, but they are too far back. I have always felt this way. I mean you need to hear the lyrics to some extent. I spent years thinking on "So Don't You Let Her..." was "So Don't You Run or So Don't You Laugh" among other misheard lyrics before the internet. As for Carouselrambra, I never had any clue what the lyrics were because of the mix.

I will leave my take on the lyrics to Carouselambra for anyone who needs a laugh. :hysterical: The mix does seem to be at the heart of the reason, some flak is aimed at ITTOD.

I absolutely love Bonham's drumming on this alternate take, he's the most soulful drummer in the history of rock music, I think people are still trying to catch up with him now in that respect.

It really does sound good, one of the more work in progress tracks of companions.

Mr. Page interview in The Guardian for the last three: http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/24/jimmy-page-interview-robert-plant-led-zeppelin-remasters

Q: Are the Zeppelin archives now closed?

A: As far as that side of the recording world of Led Zeppelin [goes], yeah. I’ve done a really thorough job.

Do we read something there between the lines? "That side" of the recording world? Could "the live side" be up next? :beat:

Whoa is right! Thanks for posting, Sath.

:o

Killer version of WTLB, love the mood.

Cheers,

Indi

Archived