Looking Ahead: the Next Three Releases - Presence ITTOD and Coda

Presence MAY be the most interesting re-mastered release of all. Recorded under extraordinary circumstances Presence stands

alone as Zeppelin's statement of solidarity, focus, and determination to survive the moments of trial.

Robert is in a wheelchair, tax exiled from his family and country, and the Band has had to postpone a major Tour.

Recording Presence is their answer to the doubting fans, press, and in some respects - their inner circle.

And in true Zep fashion - they succeed in every manner and produce a dynamic, focused, and powerful album.

IMO Achilles Last Stand, For Your Life, Nobody's Fault, and Tea for One are among Zep's most powerful and urgent

recordings.

These must be getting announced pretty soon, really looking forward to seeing what we get with Presence in terms of Campanion material.

Well, Jimmy did say in an interview that he discovered something from the Presence sessions. Can't recall if it's one or two tracks, but others here think that will end up on Coda. I FIRMly believe it will be on the Presence Companion disc.

Or maybe tomorrow since it's March 31st. The anniversary of the release of Presence

That supposed release date is given on Wikipedia, but it's inaccurate; according to Dave Lewis in his Tight But Loose: The Led Zeppelin Files book, the actual release date for Presence was April 6th, 1976... so it really WAS an April morning, in both song and reality!!!

Still nothing on the Presence release. Figured they would post something for the anniversary of Presence being released but nothing from that either. Still hope for tomorrow

It's a bank holiday - too many people on holiday over Easter. Give it a week or so.....

For what it's worth and that's probably little Warner told me July-Aug for next 2 Coda in oct hope that's wrong and it was just some phone help without a clue

Is that all we had to do? Ring Warner and ask "when are these coming out?"

I hope those dates are wrong. :)

The best outcome would be if coda is released on its own. That would imply that there's potentially some seriously interesting things on it.

Agreed - a stand-alone release for Coda would I think suggest some stronger material than previously anticipated. And it's worth remembering that although the first three albums were re-issued at once, only two of those contained previously un-released studio material, so maybe Jimmy thinks Presence and ITTOD will be enough to digest at one sitting. If Coda contains several new tracks, as opposed to simply new mixes, then I think it could justify a stand-alone release. Remember Jimmy's quote to Dave Lewis, about 'taking the original concept of Coda and extending that' or words to that effect.

Coda released alone, and in the late fall, will be perfect for Christmas marketing, and for 2016 album sales (after Oct 31). If there's anything on it that makes it noteworthy or more desirable, the best strategy is to wait and release it later in the year.

Coda released alone, and in the late fall, will be perfect for Christmas marketing, and for 2016 album sales (after Oct 31). If there's anything on it that makes it noteworthy or more desirable, the best strategy is to wait and release it later in the year.

If Coda is released on its own, without anything "new", it will be a huge flop - sales wise - and a horrific ending to this magickal ride we've been on since last year!

If Coda is released on its own, without anything "new", it will be a huge flop - sales wise - and a horrific ending to this magickal ride we've been on since last year!

Agreed. It all will depend on whether Coda contains the secret sauce or not. If yes, a pre-Christmas release would be good strategy. If not, then it doesn't really matter. I personally think that Jimmy has sort of hit and sort of missed the mark on these releases, but I would like to think that he is strategic enough to know that this project needs to end with a bang, and not with a fizzle. Fingers crossed for a great Coda.

Agreed - a stand-alone release for Coda would I think suggest some stronger material than previously anticipated. And it's worth remembering that although the first three albums were re-issued at once, only two of those contained previously un-released studio material, so maybe Jimmy thinks Presence and ITTOD will be enough to digest at one sitting. If Coda contains several new tracks, as opposed to simply new mixes, then I think it could justify a stand-alone release. Remember Jimmy's quote to Dave Lewis, about 'taking the original concept of Coda and extending that' or words to that effect.

That's what I was thinking/hoping! Maybe some new goodies, eh?

Not sure exactly what will be on the companion disc for Presence. There's only 7 songs, so unless there's quite a bit we haven't heard, I'm not expecting a whole lot out of it. Same with ITTOD. Both are amazing and Presence is is definitely up there as far as my favorite Zeppelin albums go...which is hard enough anyway because all of them are my favorites. Just not sure what to expect from these last three.

Archived