Have you ever seen the original Led Zeppelin live?

metalmaz

Have you seen the original Led Zep live?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen the original Led Zeppelin live?

• Yes - lucky me
    • No - sadly not

were you lucky enough to see the original Zeppelin back in the day. Sadly I never did. Although I was 15 when Bonzo died, I never really discovered them until after that.

I did consider adding the 02 reunion, but decided to stick to the glory days!

Yes, Liverpool Stadium 1971, Liverpool Empire 1973 and Earls Court London 1975. Because I am an old B*stard and also very lucky to be around at the right time.

I was quite interested in the 1971 gig having read your post, I come down to Liverpool a lot (from Scotland) to watch the Football & hadn't heard of Liverpool stadium before, interesting article here you might enjoy:-

http://www.catalystmedia.org.uk/issues/misc/articles/liverpool_stadium.php

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only in my dreams  - sadly I have never in my life had the opportunity to ask anyone in person questions who were there in person at a Led Zeppelin gig.  I did watch the O2 gig after the fact at the cinema and began to get teary eyed as they began Kashmir.

I tried to get tickets for the O2 gig but it sold out in minutes - the phone lines were busy.

• 6 months later...

MSG June 13, '77 - my girlfriend passed out during No Quarter and missed most of the show (she was not a huge fan)...I documented the show with notes the next day on each song but lost it somewhere over the years.  And I have no idea why I didn't try to see the '75 tour.  Saw Page/Plant in '98 in Philly which was an awesome show. Also was at Deep Purple Radio City Music Hall in '76 the night Bonzo strolled out on stage which was very cool...

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:04 PM, LAP99 said:

MSG June 13, '77 - my girlfriend passed out during No Quarter and missed most of the show (she was not a huge fan)...I documented the show with notes the next day on each song but lost it somewhere over the years.  And I have no idea why I didn't try to see the '75 tour.  Saw Page/Plant in '98 in Philly which was an awesome show. Also was at Deep Purple Radio City Music Hall in '76 the night Bonzo strolled out on stage which was very cool...

What are your recollections of Bonham's stage invasion at the Purple gig?

I've always wanted to hear more about this.

5 hours ago, Mook said:

What are your recollections of Bonham's stage invasion at the Purple gig?

I've always wanted to hear more about this.

I wish I could remember more other than him strolling out saying something about Presence coming out soon, he was pretty drunk...I will see if a friend of mine remembers more

14 hours ago, LAP99 said:

I wish I could remember more other than him strolling out saying something about Presence coming out soon, he was pretty drunk...I will see if a friend of mine remembers more

Thank you.

I'm guessing there probably wasn't an awful lot more to it than that, it's a pity there's no pictures circulating.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:48 AM, EaglesOfOneNest said:

Too young; I was 6 when Bonzo died. If I had a time machine, the ONE thing I would do is go see Zep live!

I was 5. So yeah, never seen ‘em. Saw Page and Plant in 1998 though in Manchester, England. 

3 hours ago, badgeholder said:

I thought he also said "...and Tommy Bolin can't play guitar for shit" 

Yes, I heard that as well. Bonzo must have been pissed as hell to say something so stupid, especially since he was playing Mind Transplant non-stop during the 75' tour.

9 hours ago, IpMan said:

Yes, I heard that as well. Bonzo must have been pissed as hell to say something so stupid, especially since he was playing Mind Transplant non-stop during the 75' tour.

I think it might've been said in jest, I read a great story recently about a night out they'd (Bolin & Bonham) had in LA together (with Glenn Hughes if I remember correctly).

The surviving members of Deep Purple all speak very highly of Bonham so it doesn't seem to have left any sort of bitterness.

Archived