What is the TRUE meaning of Zoso?

PlantOneOnMe

Sozo has the basic meaning of rescuing one from great peril. Additional nuances include to protect, keep alive, preserve life, deliver, heal, be made whole.

Sozo is used 108 times in the NASB (Click following for all 108 uses in NT: 14x Mt, 13x Mk, 16x Lu, 6x Jn, 13x Acts, 8x Ro, 8x 1Cor, 1x 2Cor, 2x Eph, 1x 1Th, 1x 2Th, 4x 1Ti, 2x 2Ti, 1x Titus, 2x Heb, 5x Js, 2x in 1Pe, 2x Jude) and is translated as: bring...safely, 1; cured, 1; ensure salvation, 1; get, 1; get well, 2; made well, 5; made...well, 6; preserved, 1; recover, 1; restore, 1; save, 36; saved, 50; saves, 1; saving, 1.

Sozo is sometimes used of physical deliverance from danger of perishing (see Mt 8:25; Mt 14:30; Lu 23:35; Acts 27:20 27:31), physical healing from sickness (Mt 9:21-22; Mk 5:23, Acts 4:9), and deliverance from demonic possession (Lu 8:36).

More often sozo refers to salvation in a spiritual sense as illustrated in the following passages: Matthew recorded the angel's conversation with Joseph declaring

"She (Mary) will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save (sozo) His people from their sins." (Mt 1:21)

Here sozo is equated with deliverance from sins (guilt and power of) with Jesus' name being a transliteration of Joshua meaning "Jehovah is salvation".

Jesus warned His disciples "And you will be hated by all on account of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved (sozo)." (Mt 10:22, cf Mt 24:13) Note it is not one's endurance (self effort or works) that save them but that one is able to endure because of the fact that they are saved. Again Jesus was teaching His disciples about salvation and declared

"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." And when the disciples heard this, they were very astonished and said, "Then who can be saved?" (Mt 19:24-25)

Here He equated entrance into the kingdom of God with being saved. In explaining to His disciples and the multitudes what it meant to come after Him, denying self, taking up one's cross and following Him, Jesus declared that

"whoever wishes to save (referring to one's physical life) his life shall lose it (eternally); but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's shall save (spiritually) it (eternally)." (Mk 8:34)

Jesus speaking to a

"woman in the city who was a sinner" (Lu 7:37) "said to her ""Your sins have been forgiven" (Lu 7:48) and then

"Your faith has saved (sozo) you; go in peace." (Lu 7:50).

In these passages Jesus equates sozo with forgiveness of sins, confession of faith and experiencing peace! In a parable explaining the role of the Word of God and the character of the "soil" in salvation, Jesus taught that

"those (people) beside the road are those who have heard (the seed, the Word, the Gospel); then the devil comes (Mark's gospel adds "immediately", "at once") and takes away (present tense - continually) the word from their heart, so that they may not believe and be saved." (Lu 8:12)

This is so awesome, thank you. And thanks to Evster, too. Great stuff.

Hmmm... interesting, a japa malas, used in meditation for centuries (and the inspiration for the rosary) has 108 beads.

To quote a lovely recent book, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert: "Amid the more esoteric circles of the Easter philosphers, the number 108 is held to be most auspicious, a perfect three-digit multiple of three, its components adding up to nine, which is three threes. And three, of course, is the number representing supreme balance, as anyone who has ever studied the Holy Trinity or a simple barstool can plainly see."

(I've tried several times to count the beats when Page does his bow ritual because it's asymmetric syncopation that I'm sure is done on purpose, but I always loose count because I love it and get lost in it, which may be its intent...)

Thanks Sun Child!

It appears my links have failed. Here are the images.

ledragontitle.jpg

Note the last set of sigils on the page on the right. You can clearly see at the top of the that they represent Saturn. The page on the left, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus.

ledragonrouge.jpg

Edited by Evster2012

I cannot say why Page chose that particular sigil, besides astrological connections, but I can say that in Thelemic ritual, it is your focal point. You choose a sigil, and it's what you meditate on during ritual practice. It's your ground, so to speak. What it represents to him personally, or why he chose it, only he can say.

:beer:

I appreciate that.

To have the sigil around and begin to not pay attention to it so that it's meaning is there even when you're not conciously aware is another use, such as:

led-zeppelin-colour452.jpg

Thanks for the links, too.

And now people will go forth and ignore this entire thread... ;)

Edited by SunChild

(I've tried several times to count the beats when Page does his bow ritual because it's asymmetric syncopation that I'm sure is done on purpose, but I always loose count because I love it and get lost in it, which may be its intent...)

That's a tough one. Do we count the repeats from the Echoplex? :lol:

Well, it's A,G,D,E four times, followed by an ascention and decention of F#,G,A,B,C,B,A,G,F#,D,C,B, and rest. With the Echoplex, that is doubled. So you have 40. 10 cycles of four. Dunno what that means, I've just played it enough times to pick up a guitar a count it out! :lol:

Edited by Evster2012

Hi Diana! How go things in Lebanon? Sorry, but as an American, all we hear is the bad on the news. Is it a beautiful day? Is the weather nice for April?

Apologies for going off topic everyone, but it's not every day you can talk to someone halfway around the planet!

Okay, I guess you can. Now. :lol: But it's still new to me.

So, is the weather nice? It was 98 degrees here today, and we have fires in the mountains.

That's a tough one. Do we count the repeats from the Echoplex? :lol:

Well, it's A,G,D,E four times, followed by an ascention and decention of F#,G,A,B,C,B,A,G,F#,D,C,B, and rest. With the Echoplex, that is doubled. So you have 40. 10 cycles of four. Dunno what that means, I've just played it enough times to pick up a guitar a count it out! :lol:

I don't know whether to count the repeats or not, LOL!! :D After some thought, well, yes, we count them. I think he does.

So thank you, you've done my work for me and I appreciate it.

Well, four members, Four Sticks, four runes, LZ IV has four songs to a side, "we've done four already..." etc. (By god we'll put meaning on it whether it's there or not. :lol: )

Hi Diana! How go things in Lebanon? Sorry, but as an American, all we hear is the bad on the news. Is it a beautiful day? Is the weather nice for April?

Apologies for going off topic everyone, but it's not every day you can talk to someone halfway around the planet!

Okay, I guess you can. Now. :lol: But it's still new to me.

So, is the weather nice? It was 98 degrees here today, and we have fires in the mountains.

hi... well what can i say, there's no future in lebanon,bad news all the time and they will continue forever i guess... that's why im getting the hell out of here as soon as i finish my interior design diploma project :) ... after two months maybe... it's nice of you to ask by the way:)

Of course he didn't make it up. It says that all the mystical stuff he was into he had each member of Zeppelin pick out a symbol out of a book. You guys probably know but he did own a whole book store on the stuff.

The store was called Equinox, and I posted the book on the previous page. :lol:

thanks for all the time you spent on relaying the info, i never thought from way back in the day it meant anything evil . hes just to beautiful of a man to even go there!!!jimmy just seams to care for life!!!!

Hi Gina! Yeah, I never though it was anything sinister either. However I am waithing for people to start jumping on the book and saying "Ah ha!", because it is afterall The Red Dragon aka: The Grand Grimoire, possibly the most evil book in existence (depending on your point of view). But let's face it, just cause you find a magick book in someone's collection doesn't mean you actually use it! :lol:

Hi Gina! Yeah, I never though it was anything sinister either. However I am waithing for people to start jumping on the book and saying "Ah ha!", because it is afterall The Red Dragon aka: The Grand Grimoire, possibly the most evil book in existence (depending on your point of view). But let's face it, just cause you find a magick book in someone's collection doesn't mean you actually use it! :lol:

true, true!!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I dont know if anyone has said this yet, but one thing that I heard was that he only ever told one person, Robert Plant. And he has "since forgot." he said once in an interview

another one of those amazing Zep mysteries :blink:

A well known quote, but I think the pics from the books it came from answer the question. Funny how this keeps going on when the answer is "Look, there it is!" and already posted twice in the thread. Why go on supposing rather than discussing it's already established meaning? Beats the hell out of me. I keep coming back to this thread hoping for meaningful dialogue, and all I see is "Oh, I heard this..." The bloody thing's already been solved. Why not go from there instead of backwards? Thelema. Ritual magick. Personal sigils for focus during meditation. Anybody?

PS, no offence, but as someone who has studied these books and understands the concepts, it's a bit frustrating that no one out of the thousands here seem interested in moving forward in the discussion other than perpetuating a mystery that's already been solved. Peace. Ev :beer:

Hi Zeppies,

This book called Led Zeppelin Talking by Lewis/Kendall.

It's all in there. Or almost. Bonzo's symbol, Robert's, JPJ's are explained.

Except of JP's.

I've been told that only Page and Plant knows the true meaning of Zoso. Jimmy told Robert the meaning when he was drunk, and forgot all about it later.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever know the true meaning of Zoso. At least not Page's meaning of it.

I've been told that only Page and Plant knows the true meaning of Zoso. Jimmy told Robert the meaning when he was drunk, and forgot all about it later.

Personally, I don't think we'll ever know the true meaning of Zoso. At least not Page's meaning of it.

Hey, Evster......ready for repeating yourself yet again?

Notice in the copy of Dragon Rouge you've got the "Zoso" insignis on page 91. Now if you add 9+1, that makes 10, and wasn't that the date of the reunion, December 10th? Coincidence, or what? Jimmy is more in control than we realize. Much more in control...much much more... or maybe his pinky is really ruling the world.

:blink:

• 5 weeks later...

I've got to say.. the only person who seems to know what they're talking about is Evster.

Though, why can't this symbol have multiple meanings...

Maybe theres a reason for him picking the symbol that can be interpreted in so many different ways...

I mean, wheres the mystery in Robert, John Paul, or Bonzo's symbols? Those are no fun...

I've got to say.. the only person who seems to know what they're talking about is Evster.

Though, why can't this symbol have multiple meanings...

Maybe theres a reason for him picking the symbol that can be interpreted in so many different ways...

I mean, wheres the mystery in Robert, John Paul, or Bonzo's symbols? Those are no fun...

all symbols have multiple meanings, that is their purpose. the meaning of the designator, and the meaning of the observor(s).

symbols are fun, but as joe perry once said "let the music do the talking".

or, as the late george carlin once said: "symbols are for the symbol-minded."

Edited by beatbo

• 2 weeks later...