ISO: 1980 newspaper ad for Joe Louis Arena, Detroit date

Hi. just wondering if anyone has a scan of the 1/4 page newspaper ad for the Joe Louis Arena show. I had cut it out and saved it in a scrapbook but it is long gone. I've seen similar ads for other cities posted but never this particular one. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have not seen any ad for the 1980 Detroit shows, but have heard before one was published. I have also heard a ticket refund notice was published soon after. If no one posts these here I'll put forward an inquiry to the Detroit News & Detroit Free Press archives for assistance.

• Administrators

Hi. just wondering if anyone has a scan of the 1/4 page newspaper ad for the Joe Louis Arena show. I had cut it out and saved it in a scrapbook but it is long gone. I've seen similar ads for other cities posted but never this particular one. Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is the ad. (There were similar ads for Chicago, Buffalo and Cleveland).

Also have an original Detroit ticket. I've got the article about the show being cancelled somewhere around here.

post-5-0-06519400-1426869742_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-61702300-1426869742_thumb.jpg

I never saw anyone with an actual Detroit 1980 ticket. Our money order was returned about 3 weeks after Bonham died. I still vividly remember my best friend handing me my money back in his driveway. As he handed me the cash he said, "well...at least we got to see them once." Still a sad day and memory...and I still say that someone had a screw loose for scheduling a Zeppelin show on Devil's Night in downtown Detroit. It would have been a classic affair one way or another !

Archived