How The West Was Won Vinyl

Why should there be? The CDS and DVDA are good enough

Hmm.. Okay I get you don't like vinyl, but my question was why is it the only one of the later releases not to be released on vinyl. Both the Early Days and Latter Days comps were released in this format. BBC, Mothership and TSRS all had it.

• 3 months later...

I'm probably just dreaming however a vinyl box set of both complete shows direct from analog masters would be a huge seller! I would prefer if Acoustic Sounds/Analog Productions or another company that cares about quality could handle this project. Just release the shows with warts and all.

• 1 month later...

The Hendrix at Winterland box set was like 8 discs, and retailed for 129 bucks, later could be gotten for as low as 80. I dunno why we can't get this one on the black wax, but it would be quite welcomed!

The dream release as far as How The West Was Won.....

Side 1: 22:06

LA Drone 0:14

Immigrant Song 3:41

Heartbreaker 7:24

Black Dog 5:40

Over The Hills And Far Away 5:07

Side 2: 23:15

Since I've Been Loving You 8:01

Stairway To Heaven 9:37

Going To California 5:37

Side 3: 23:18

That's The Way 5:53

Tangerine 4:14

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp 4:51

What Is And What Should Never Be 4:39

Dancing Days 3:41

Side 4: 25:25

Dazed And Confused 25:25

Side 5: 19:23

Moby Dick 19:23

Side 6: 23:07

Whole Lotta Love [Medley] 23:07

Side 7: 20:21

Rock And Roll 3:55

The Ocean 4:19

Louie Louie [Organ Solo] 4:08

Thank You 7:59

Side 8: 17:14

Communication Breakdown 4:47

Bring It On Home / Bring It On Back 9:29

Weekend 2:58

All good lengths for vinyls as well as fits on a 4 vinyl album of an actual FULL show (or 2 considering it is LA and Long Beach) and the ONLY song out of order is Dazed And Confused. I tried making the times for the 17-18 songs on the HTWWW release, but it only fits on 7 sides so I decided to add the other songs from LA. I would snatch this up the morning of release!!

I assume the reason for their not being a vinyl release at the moment is because it would be a very awkward release with the track listing, but if Jimmy added the missing songs it would fit perfectly!! I wish Jimmy would look at this.

Archived