Bootlegs part 2 _ what to look for in 2015

Mr_K

Nice post by anniemouse on "bootlegs".

See http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/22636-bootlegs/

My follow up: any killer updated bootlegs released/rumored to be released for 2015/2016?

Maybe JP will do something for the last official repackaged release of studio albums - a bonus live show?

I just listened to a "newer" version of the second Cleveland Destroyer show, 04/28/77 bootleg, and am hopeful.

I don't know if it's 2015 reboot, or slightly earlier, but it gives me hope that some "muddy" shows out there I need to revisit/or JP needs to officially release.

PS I'm listening to France 10/10/69 and I don't imagine it getting any better than this!

Can think of many shows I wish I could say same.

Thanks.

Unfortunately Page has already stated that the only live stuff for the re-releases was the Paris 1969 show released with the first album. A huge missed opportunity imo. Zeppelin fans are starved of official live releases when compared to their contemparies (The Stones, Dylan etc).

Would have loved to have seen a whole Earls Court show maybe cut from a few dates with the Physical Graffiti release for example.

There wouldn't be as much need for bootleg threads if ol' Pagey would just clean up the soundboards of really great and/or unheard Zep shows and put them out as low-key release CD sets.

Indeed, or even as mp3/high res downloads like the Stones have started doing. If they can release a show from 1975 complete with a smacked out Keith mumbling/missing half of the lyrics to 'Happy' then Jimmy sure as hell can release one of the red hot shows from '75 (I'm looking at you Seattle 21-3).

Archived