Beatles songs that would have fit Zeppelin

Not attempting one of the same ol same ol comparisons here, because we all know taste is subjective. Most agree that The Beatles and Led Zeppelin, although very different, are at least the 2 two most successful and significant bands.

Anyway, I was thinking of some Beatles tracks that based on some blues, folk or heavy arrangements, or the use of less common Eastern instruments and sounds or strings, would have also fit Zeppelin's style or experimentation.

Here's my list.

Tell me what ya think.

Lennon - I Want You, Yer Blues, Don't Let Me Down, Norwegian Wood, A Day in the Life, Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds, I'm So Tired, Tomorrow Never Knows, Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except For Me and My Monkey

McCartney-I've Just seen a Face, Oh! Darling, Helter Skelter, I've Got a Feeling

Get Back

Harrison-Within You and Without You, Blue Jay Way, It's Only A Northern Song, It's All Too Much

I can't say I hear Zep in any of those you listed, just such a different feeling for me.

I would however say I think not as Led Zeppelin but maybe just Jimmy and Robert on stage doing Blackbird would be something worth the price of admission.

I have always loved "Blackbird " .....

I do agree with Norwegian Wood - I think they could have done a nice version of that. also Oh darling, don't let me down and Come Together may have been interesting :)

Other than tunes already mentioned, for some reason I could hear Zeppelin doing a good job of:

"I Saw Her Standing There" (which as I recall Zeppelin did throw into a medley or two)

"I Should Have Known Better"

"She Said She Said"

"Revolution"

"Dig A Pony"

On the flip side, "Dancing Days" and "D'Yer Maker" have always sounded very Lennonish to me, but then Houses Of The Holy has always struck me as Zeppelin's most "Beatlesque" album.

Thanks guys. I listed some songs that only would have fit Zep based on the instruments used. Others were based on vocals or arrangements.

I wasn't really intending to imagine them doing covers as I was just thinking that had they created those songs themselves, they sort of fit some of the avenues they took.

The Beatles were always R&B based. They were as big into Elvis as Plant if not more. In the early days they did covers of Smokey Robinson (You Really Got A Hold On Me) Chuck Berry (Roll Over Beethoven, Rock n Roll Music) and Carl Perkins (Matchbox) as well as other R&B covers, Slow Down, Mr. Postman, Twist and Shout and Money. Zep may have just seen them as the radio sound they got big from, but later tracks like I Want You, I've Got A Feeling, Don't Let Me Down, Oh Darling, Year Blues, One after 909 and even they uptempo Get Back are good examples of the roots. The early originals I Cry instead is Rockabilly and She's a Woman is heavy R&B.

Archived