Robert Plant as Jesus or Judas?

I think he could have nailed either one of them in Jesus Christ Superstar back in his prime, which was right around the same time it was on Broadway. By the time it was a film in 73, his voice wasn't peak, but had he vocalized and rehearsed, I'm sure he could have pulled it off. Plus, seeing as how films are usually made the year before the release, it would have been 72, when he was still in better shape.

Lol just hit me I brought this up on Easter.

Mmmm....., this makes me tnink..., if Robert would be a good choice for an event like The Passion.

The Passion is a huge televised event here in The Netherlands.

Every year this is held in a different city, I guess you can in a way compare it to Jesus Christ Superstar.

It's a modern way to tell this epic biblical story, told using popular music.

It's in dutch (the songs too), but this gives you an idea about what kind of event this is:

http://www.npo.nl/the-passion-2015/02-04-2015/VPWON_1240591

I understand that in the US they are going to do something like this, New Orleans being the first city to organize it.

I think he could have nailed either one of them in Jesus Christ Superstar back in his prime, which was right around the same time it was on Broadway. By the time it was a film in 73, his voice wasn't peak, but had he vocalized and rehearsed, I'm sure he could have pulled it off. Plus, seeing as how films are usually made the year before the release, it would have been 72, when he was still in better shape.

Lol just hit me I brought this up on Easter.

Robert Plant actually made the short list for the role of Jesus in the original album. As rock fans know, Ian Gillan landed that gig.

I thought of a snarky response, but decided against it.

Being a rock star paid a lot better than being a Broadway star, in the 70s.

Andrew Lloyd Weber and Co. released Jesus Christ Superstar as a concept album BEFORE the musical theater production. Ian Gillan sang the role of Jesus in the concept album version. Someone else sang that role in the London stage production and cast album.

Robert Plant actually made the short list for the role of Jesus in the original album. As rock fans know, Ian Gillan landed that gig.

It's actualy stronger than that...after John Lennon refused, A L Webber sollicited Percy. He didn't accept the role either...enter Ian Gillan.

Archived